Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2013, 05:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblondie17 (View Post)
Gah! Has anyone else seen episode 7? I'm not sure if the ship got stronger or started a crash course for an iceberg. If it sinks completely I think I might actually cry.
Me too Im going to get crushed if it sunk.

The episode was more like one step forward, then face plant.

Mary was happy to hear him say he's blinded by love when it comes to her. She did not stop him or rejected him by saying she's not ready.

In the end of the episode, he felt that he has a Pamuk situation with Blake. His nerves got the best of him and told her that “it greatly increases the competition" in desperate move to show her that he will pursue her. Mary's reaction was a bit "aint nobody got time for that" since she has Gillingham and his raper valet coming back to Downton.

I admit I was disappointed at her reaction, because Napier was so endearing in that scene.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm frustrated that two episodes it was all "How lovely!" when she sees him for the first time in years, and now that he makes the slightest indication that he's interested and and it's all "le sigh."

And I agree--one step forward, then face plant.

Even though I didn't want to, I could see points for the Edith/Evelyn shippers. But, seriously, no matter how desperate you may be to find a husband before you start showing, who wants to be married to a man who's obviously still in love with your sister and has been for a decade?
Old 11-04-2013, 08:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Poor Edith. I want her to have a happily ever after with someone who picked her first, wasnt swoon over after seeing Mary and loves.

I dont see Evelyn/Edith happening. I was worried when Rosamund got involved, but it looks like they will cover it up instead of bagging a husband.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:33 AM
Moderator Manager

Please add me!

When Evelyn came back, I was TOO happy (like Mary). But when he brought Blake along, I thought "uh-oh, recycled plot from S1 with Pamuk" so I knew that they weren't going to end up together so I've been squeeing about them on the UC thread instead. It would've been very different if he didn't Blake along, I think.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

I really hope he's not on the show again just to introduce Blake. Not only is that completely unnecessary, it's already been done on the show.

I do hope that Gillingham and Blake push themselves out and Evelyn's patience wins out in the end.

Maybe I should ship Evelyn and Cora. Every time he comes to dinner she makes sure she's sitting next to him. If she really wanted to set him up with Mary, shouldn't she have put him next to her daughter instead?
Old 11-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

That's actually what I'm convinced is going to happen--that the other two are going to fall out and he's going to be the last one standing. And why? Because he's been waiting this long already.

In any event, I'm not jumping ship.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

I first interpreted Mary's sigh after the "competition" remark to mean that she was annoyed and uninterested with Evelyn, now I'm thinking (hoping?) it may have more to do with her still not being over Matthew and all these guys just throwing themselves at her feet. Plus, it's not like she never rolled her eyes at Matthew.

ETA: I've gotten *really* obsessed with this ship, even for me, and in going through a lot of Downton articles for series 4, Evelyn is barely mentioned, aside from being the guy who introduces her to Blake. I take this to either be a really good sign or a really bad sign.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I first interpreted Mary's sigh after the "competition" remark to mean that she was annoyed and uninterested with Evelyn, now I'm thinking (hoping?) it may have more to do with her still not being over Matthew and all these guys just throwing themselves at her feet. Plus, it's not like she never rolled her eyes at Matthew.

ETA: I've gotten *really* obsessed with this ship, even for me, and in going through a lot of Downton articles for series 4, Evelyn is barely mentioned, aside from being the guy who introduces her to Blake. I take this to either be a really good sign or a really bad sign.
Exactly.

That's a good sign because they waited so long to announce he was coming back. There was a video preview around the first week Downton was back but ITV took it down from their Facebook page. It took forever for us to even get any pictures of Evelyn.

I think it's because it's him.

Focus on the other two and then throw a curveball.

Why?

Because even Blake seems rushed. I mean he's been here how long and now he thinks she's fantastic? I understand a begrudging respect, but Fellowes writes his romances slowly. Perhaps it's slower than Gillingham but it's not slow enough, and too predictable.

Think on this too--S1 Mary had Evelyn, Matthew, and Pamuk. Evelyn was the old friend that was crazy about her, Matthew was in love with her but she thought him dull as bricks, and Pamuk she was absolutely fascinated by.

S4: We have Gillingham, Evelyn, and Blake. Gillingham's an old friend that's in love with her, Evelyn's in love with her but she thinks he's as dull as bricks, and Blake--see the pattern?
Old 11-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lassothemoon (View Post)
Think on this too--S1 Mary had Evelyn, Matthew, and Pamuk. Evelyn was the old friend that was crazy about her, Matthew was in love with her but she thought him dull as bricks, and Pamuk she was absolutely fascinated by.

S4: We have Gillingham, Evelyn, and Blake. Gillingham's an old friend that's in love with her, Evelyn's in love with her but she thinks he's as dull as bricks, and Blake--see the pattern?
Woah! I feel like I should have noticed that pattern before but I didn't. And certainly it doesn't hurt that Evelyn has managed to outlive all the other suitors from S1.

Also, lassothemoon, I love your stories. I usually find fan fic hard to read but yours is excellent.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Woah! I feel like I should have noticed that pattern before but I didn't. And certainly it doesn't hurt that Evelyn has managed to outlive all the other suitors from S1.

Also, lassothemoon, I love your stories. I usually find fan fic hard to read but yours is excellent.
Thanks! Here's hoping S4 gives me more to write.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:31 PM
New Fan

Thoughts and a hello!

First off, hello! My first post here..

I've been following along with Mary's story online, as I live in Canada and we don't get Downton until January...

Regarding the Blake/Gillingham/Evelyn Mary quadrangle... I'm rooting for EN all the way.. (obviously since I'm here at this board.. )

I have some theories...

1. With the fight that Mary and Charles Blake had in the mud.. ( from what I can recall reading the recap online..) I know some people loved it and took it to mean that they were going to be together eventually or something.. but honestly I think Mary was just wanting to have some fun. If she had gone to look at the pigs with Tom, I think the same thing would have happened.

Since we have two episodes left... the finale and then the Christmas special... I doubt that Mary is going to have feelings for him in any sort of romantic way, given that she's only known him a short time. If anything he may have made her realise that she COULD feel something for another man again.. Not that she has feelings for him, but that she's aware she's open to the possibility again.

But I can certainly see Charles Blake developing feelings for her complicating the matter even further.

2. Regarding Tony Gillingham Or Gingerbread as I like to call him... First off, he's engaged to another woman.. Secondly, even though it wasn't his fault, his valet Greene assaulted her dearest friend in the worst way.. I'd have a hard time trusting his judgement of people after that. Thirdly: his rushed declaration of his love, and then proposal.. after not seeing her for ages? What is up with that?

Meanwhile, Evelyn doesn't rush her with anything.. tells her how he feels without being too pushy... the complete opposite of Blake and Gingerbread.

I just hope we'll have a clearer picture by the end of the finale. Before we have to wait for the CS..
Old 11-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Gingerbread. Hahahahahaha. Love it!

I think it's just too soon for anything serious to happen romantically for Mary this season. I was a devoted M/M shipper for years and didn't really know if I'd even still like DA after that stupid car crash.

That said, I wouldn't complain a bit if Mary and Evelyn started making out during the Christmas Special...unless that doomed them, then in that case don't.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Gingerbread. Hahahahahaha. Love it!

I think it's just too soon for anything serious to happen romantically for Mary this season. I was a devoted M/M shipper for years and didn't really know if I'd even still like DA after that stupid car crash.

That said, I wouldn't complain a bit if Mary and Evelyn started making out during the Christmas Special...unless that doomed them, then in that case don't.
LOL OMG that would be the best present ever!

I doubt anything concrete will happen..
This season at least.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Master Fan

A TART'S BOUDOIR
Rupert hardly speaks. You're lucky to get anything out of him these days, he just has a wicked sense of humor and he's very eccentric and very unique in the way that he does things. He's like a big kid. I feel like he'll never grow up, which I love.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:38 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
I really hope he's not on the show again just to introduce Blake. Not only is that completely unnecessary, it's already been done on the show.
That's the sad thing about it. JF has been recycling plots from S1 this season and I have a feeling having Napier back will only serve him to further Blake & Mary's relationship. I'm not dampening everyone's mood here but I always expect the worse when it comes to couples I like. The worse of which already happened to my OTP on the show last season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lassothemoon (View Post)

Very interesting theory, I like this.

x

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.