Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-23-2013, 12:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower 654 (View Post)
I didn't blame Thayer one bit for being violent when it came to Alec after what he said to him. Alec was downright cruel with what he said and I in that moment I got why Thayer had to leave cause Alec proved he never truly loved Thayer he only put up with him probably cause of Mads. Thayer deserved better than what he got he chose Alec and that's how he treated him talk about a horrible excuse for a father.
I agree. Last season Alec was harsh on Thayer and I wondered why, and thought it was because they were both so headstrong and alike. But no, it's because Alec can't stand the boy he raised. Thayer's resentment at that has now grown to anger at Alec. I did love that despite everything he did not want to do anything illegal and wanted Alec behind bars legally. He only lost it when it all went wrong. I felt sorry for him when he got confirmation of what Alec really thinks of him. He's a mass of rage, all of which is cause by his father, but despite all of that he still knows where the line is drawn.

I understand why Emma couldn't go right there with him (although really like Thayer said what is really there for either of them now, unless they come clean about the twin thing) but it seems from the promo she does go to him in the next episode.

I love Mads a lot, heck I'm intrigued by the whole Rybak family, extended and all. Mads is willing herself to not fall for Jordan but that is not going to work. Btw, what is wrong with them being together? They are not family, not raised together and most importantly not blood related. I feel like I'm missing the step-sibling concept.

I knew that Ethan would sleep with Sutton. That has been coming. And he finally admitted that he is torn between Emma and Sutton which is something I guess. Emma deserves far, far better than to be caught in that nonsense.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Strongღ (View Post)
I HATED the beginning! ... made Sutton look desperate & cheap. I hate that Ethan went there, but he was drunk and he was not happy when he woke up and realized what he did.

This episode only justified my reasoning for why I don't like Thayer that much.
... I would have been mad if she had and not with Ethan after those 100 times he asked her to runaway with him.

I wonder who Rebecca was talking to on the phone.
I totally expected the beginning. Sutton didn't look desperate and cheap to me. She just has a different way of looking at things. Because she doesn't love, she only understands the sexual part, and she got that. What totally surprised her was that Ethan might come there and use her to ease his frustration. I don't think she still understands that. Ethan was ashamed of himself, not only for betraying what he felt for Emma, but for using Sutton as nothing more than a sex object. That is a really bad thing to do, and he knows it. That's why he said it wouldn't happen again. I think this is also what he was referring to when he didn't refute Jordan. He did say that Sutton was different now than she was then. I think Jordan knows about the twins, after his remarks about how Sutton got to the cabin so fast when she was just at the party. Maybe he is goading Ethan to get him to divulge the secret. Or he is trying to advise him to just take what Sutton is offering.

I think there is definitely more to the Thayer/Alec story than we have heard so far.
I can't imagine Emma going with Thayer either after all the times she refused to go with Ethan when they were together and in love. She is still trying to get and keep the Mercer family as her own.

Rebecca might have been talking to Sutton on the phone, we already know that Sutton isn't very good at following instructions. I could see her going shopping or to a spa, and just making the phone call from there.

About the promo. Just to point out, there was a girl in Thayer's room when Emma goes to see him. Thus she walks away? So what's up?

Emma is still helping Ethan, and something happens? Does someone show up almost to discover Emma? IDK Does Sutton really get up and announce to everyone that she is Rebecca's daughter. Ethan is in the back of the room. He would understand that Sutton knew all along and betrayed Emma, I think.

I also think Rebecca will try to keep the twins still a secret. It will damage Kristen and Ted's relationship enough just to learn that Sutton is Rebecca and Ted's daughter, and that he knew.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well so many mysteries and this show has given me more hope.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by webinterlude (View Post)
I totally expected the beginning. Sutton didn't look desperate and cheap to me. She just has a different way of looking at things. Because she doesn't love, she only understands the sexual part, and she got that. What totally surprised her was that Ethan might come there and use her to ease his frustration. I don't think she still understands that. Ethan was ashamed of himself, not only for betraying what he felt for Emma, but for using Sutton as nothing more than a sex object. That is a really bad thing to do, and he knows it. That's why he said it wouldn't happen again. I think this is also what he was referring to when he didn't refute Jordan. He did say that Sutton was different now than she was then. I think Jordan knows about the twins, after his remarks about how Sutton got to the cabin so fast when she was just at the party. Maybe he is goading Ethan to get him to divulge the secret. Or he is trying to advise him to just take what Sutton is offering.

I think there is definitely more to the Thayer/Alec story than we have heard so far.
I can't imagine Emma going with Thayer either after all the times she refused to go with Ethan when they were together and in love. She is still trying to get and keep the Mercer family as her own.

Rebecca might have been talking to Sutton on the phone, we already know that Sutton isn't very good at following instructions. I could see her going shopping or to a spa, and just making the phone call from there.

About the promo. Just to point out, there was a girl in Thayer's room when Emma goes to see him. Thus she walks away? So what's up?

Emma is still helping Ethan, and something happens? Does someone show up almost to discover Emma? IDK Does Sutton really get up and announce to everyone that she is Rebecca's daughter. Ethan is in the back of the room. He would understand that Sutton knew all along and betrayed Emma, I think.

I also think Rebecca will try to keep the twins still a secret. It will damage Kristen and Ted's relationship enough just to learn that Sutton is Rebecca and Ted's daughter, and that he knew.
ITA with everything, Lynn!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 01-23-2013, 08:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Strongღ (View Post)
ITA with everything, Lynn!
Ha Ha , our minds work the same! But about Sutton, I can't get over really her total misunderstanding of Ethan. Somehow she thinks that Emma out of sight will make Ethan really love her. Can't she see the difference in his feelings for Emma vs Her? Even after the other night, she doesn't get that it is just a physical attraction between them, and that Ethan yearns for emotional love. unselfish love?

Old 01-23-2013, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Ha Ha , our minds work the same! But about Sutton, I can't get over really her total misunderstanding of Ethan. Somehow she thinks that Emma out of sight will make Ethan really love her. Can't she see the difference in his feelings for Emma vs Her? Even after the other night, she doesn't get that it is just a physical attraction between them, and that Ethan yearns for emotional love. unselfish love?
I think they are just really making painfully obvious that although Sutton shared a past with Ethan and they had a physical connection, they clearly do not have an emotional connection cause obviously she would of known this about him already and used that.. but she didn't.

Just goes to show that she DOESN'T know ethan as well as she thought.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Just goes to show that she DOESN'T know ethan as well as she thought.
I don't think she will ever know Ethan the way that Emma does.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:17 PM
Master Fan

I think Sutton knows a lot about Ethan. She knows a lot about people, how to manipulate, push their buttons, find their weaknesses. What Sutton doesn't understand is the subtlety of loving someone, because then people act unexpectedly and irrationally. Sutton gave the paper to Ethan and knew he would use it. Emma hoped he wouldn't, and wanted to believe in him. Ethan would not have used that paper if he had Emma's trust to give him strength. Sutton knows what Ethan is, Emma knows what Ethan wants to be.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I think Sutton knows a lot about Ethan. She knows a lot about people, how to manipulate, push their buttons, find their weaknesses. What Sutton doesn't understand is the subtlety of loving someone, because then people act unexpectedly and irrationally. Sutton gave the paper to Ethan and knew he would use it. Emma hoped he wouldn't, and wanted to believe in him. Ethan would not have used that paper if he had Emma's trust to give him strength. Sutton knows what Ethan is, Emma knows what Ethan wants to be.
Really? cause it seems like she is failing at to me.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Omg, this show is such a soap opera.

Charisma, wowza. From the fake crying at the country club to ordering her daughter around to be plotting and also the whole glass of wine, sexy lingerie when Alec stopped by, I just couldn't stop LOL'ng!

Also, when he said he was going for his wife and thunder started, I LOL'd even more!

Oh the Lying Game, so dramatic.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thayer has every right to be mad at Alec EVERY RIGHT. I adoreeeee hm. Alec gtfo!

Meanwhile, Ethan gets worse and worse. Him and Sutton deserve each other.

Sleeping with her was one thing but telling Jordan he was torn was the ice on the cake.

I thought Sutton mainly wanted Ethan cuz he didn't want her but she didn't care one bit that Emma and thayer were together. Sigh.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam's curls (View Post)
Thayer has every right to be mad at Alec EVERY RIGHT. I adoreeeee hm. Alec gtfo!

Meanwhile, Ethan gets worse and worse. Him and Sutton deserve each other.

Sleeping with her was one thing but telling Jordan he was torn was the ice on the cake.

I thought Sutton mainly wanted Ethan cuz he didn't want her but she didn't care one bit that Emma and thayer were together. Sigh.
I do not think Ethan is getting worse, I am not even mad he slept with her, that was going to happen because of how far the character is right now do I like that it happened no way I don't but at the same time, I can't write him off as " Oh well he and sutton deserve each other.. there is a reason why they broke up the first time... they are not compatiable with each other Sutton doesn't give a damn about who Ethan is as person or who he wants to be come... its pretty obvious when she had him cheat.... that Ethan is nothing but a means to an ends for her... Its not like she loves him and he doesn't love her.

and he never said he was torn just that it was complicated and I imagine it because Jordan is starting to to see that something is not right
Old 01-24-2013, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Twilighter Tee♥ (View Post)
I do not think Ethan is getting worse, I am not even mad he slept with her, that was going to happen because of how far the character is right now do I like that it happened no way I don't but at the same time, I can't write him off as " Oh well he and sutton deserve each other.. there is a reason why they broke up the first time... they are not compatiable with each other Sutton doesn't give a damn about who Ethan is as person or who he wants to be come... its pretty obvious when she had him cheat.... that Ethan is nothing but a means to an ends for her... Its not like she loves him and he doesn't love her.

and he never said he was torn just that it was complicated and I imagine it because Jordan is starting to to see that something is not right
Well said, Tiana!

Old 01-24-2013, 09:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeRoMe (View Post)
Omg, this show is such a soap opera.

Charisma, wowza. From the fake crying at the country club to ordering her daughter around to be plotting and also the whole glass of wine, sexy lingerie when Alec stopped by, I just couldn't stop LOL'ng!

Also, when he said he was going for his wife and thunder started, I LOL'd even more!

Oh the Lying Game, so dramatic.
You left out the part where Emma was sent out into the storm - banished!

I did wonder how Emma was supposed to get to the cabin? Did Sutton give her the keys to that car Rebecca provided, or is she supposed to hitch-hike?

Plus, Emma didn't have a chance to tell anyone what happened. So what a shock for Mads and Ethan the next meeting with Sutton will be!

Old 01-24-2013, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
I did wonder how Emma was supposed to get to the cabin?
That is a good question! Does she still have her phone? Maybe she called Ethan.