Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-20-2014, 02:09 PM
New Fan

Well Jack is moving towards Margaux because he thinks Emily loves Aiden. He heared about their escape plan, saw the way Emily was always asking about Aiden when they were all together....Of course he decided to let her live with her choices.
But i dont think this relationship will survive , M&J, cause deep inside he loves Emily/Amanda
Old 01-20-2014, 02:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthisbeauty (View Post)
However, I take comfort that his being more angry with Emily meant he felt the betrayal more because he feels more for Emily overall. He always instinctively did, even when he didn't know she is the real Amanda.
Exactly. It's like that old line, it's the ones you love who are capable of hurting you the most.

Quote:
As a fan of the show, I just wish the writing would reflect more of his push and pull.
Oh, I totally agree. Some episodes, I'm like, "Yes! Good writing for Jack." Like, he makes sense to me. But then last night, there just aren't enough pieces to fill in what I think the puzzle is supposed to be.

I wonder if part of this is because they have different writers in charge of different episodes -- maybe some writers just write Jack (and Jack/Emily) better than others?

In fact, I think I'm going to go investigate that right now...

Quote:
Even without a complicated love (Emily) to rebound from, his being a widower wanting to replace his wife so fast would normally spell desperation.
This is such a great point, and one that I hadn't thought of -- that Jack isn't just trying to move on from Emily, but he's trying to make a home for his son (and in Jack's ideal home, that means a mom). As long as Carl was gone, he could focus exclusively on Emily's drama. But now, as you said, he's a widowed single father...and that must factor into every decision he makes from now on.

In fact, your point here actually adds another interesting layer to last week's scenes. The last time Jack saw Emily, they were cuddling with Carl and talking about raising kids. They were connecting not just as friends, but as parent and potential future parent. Some part of Jack must have been affected by that, even if he didn't say anything (he couldn't, of course, because Emily was still committed to leaving with Aiden).

So it must have stung even more when he saw the video clip of the press conference -- in that moment, Emily was effectively continuing to put herself in danger, even after everything that had already happened. And Emily's danger cannot touch Carl, or even Jack anymore since Jack has Carl living with him again.

That makes it even more significant that the next time we see him he's started to think about buying a house with Margaux. He's throwing those walls back up between him and Emily just as fast as he can. And while I don't think he realizes he's using Margaux, in the end I think it's clear that that's what he's doing.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esha (View Post)
Well Jack is moving towards Margaux because he thinks Emily loves Aiden. He heared about their escape plan, saw the way Emily was always asking about Aiden when they were all together....Of course he decided to let her live with her choices.
But i dont think this relationship will survive , M&J, cause deep inside he loves Emily/Amanda
Absolutely. And that's why I'm not as upset about Aiden's continued presence in Emily's life as I thought I'd be. For it to make sense for Emily and Jack to be apart, there need to be as many obstacles as possible. Aiden is there on Emily's side, and Margaux is there on Jack's.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Okay, I just went to Wikipedia and checked out the list of writers for this season. Some episodes are listed twice because there were two writers credited for the episode.

Sunil Nayar
3.1: the premiere kiss
3.10: Emily says goodbye to Jack before her wedding

Joe Fazzio
3.2: I can't find any Jack/Emily info on this episode (probably meant they had no scenes)
3.9: no Jack/Emily scenes; Aiden proposes to Emily; Jack/Margaux get lovey-dovey

Sallie Patrick
3.3: Emily is jealous when Jack takes Margaux to Nolan's party
3.8: Jack tries to get Aiden away from Emily; Jack and Emily's "shooting star" talk
3.12: Jack brings Carl to visit Emily

JaSheika James
3.8: Jack tries to get Aiden away from Emily; Jack and Emily's "shooting star" talk

Karin Gist
3.4: Emily and Jack investigate at the junkyard
3.10: Emily says goodbye to Jack before her wedding

Ted Sullivan
3.5: Aiden gets jealous and frames Jack; Emily finds out and gets pissed
3.11: Jack brings back Emily's memories

Gretchen J. Berg & Aaron Harberts
3.6: Emily tells Jack and Nolan about her plan to frame Victoria and leave town
3.13: last night's episode; no Jack/Emily scenes

Christopher Fife
3.7: Jack visits fake Amanda's grave and later sleeps with Margaux

Obviously, all of the writers are working together and if a certain plot point has to happen in a certain episode then that's where it has to happen -- regardless of the writer's ability or personal preferences.

But when it comes to the way things within the episode are set-up...when it comes to stuff like dialogue and pacing, that must be on the individual writer's shoulders.

And it does seem like the best written scenes seem to happen more with certain writers than others. Right now, I'd say that the best episodes for us have been those written by Sunil Nayar, Ted Sullivan and Sallie Patrick.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

He told margaux "I love you"... that's it...
Jack is not the guy who will tell that if it's not real...
he realy loved Amanda, then met margaux,
when he visited Amanda's grave we saw that he moved on from her..to margaux, (not Emily in the middle.. sorry but it's fact)
now, I don't understand why everybody sees Jack as Emilys true and epic love?
If after that dog scene, where they both cry, after 1 season show hed gone to other direction, maybe...
but after all Jack/Amanda love story, after Aiden.... Jack was completely in love whit Amanda, and Emily with Aiden, she said that Aidan was like her, who gets her...
and what Jack/Emily have in real, childhood memorys? they were friends at age 6-7 ?
If Emily was close to Jack as kid, she was more close to Aiden when she was adult, as she is now :/
Old 01-20-2014, 05:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charloe (View Post)
when he visited Amanda's grave we saw that he moved on from her..to margaux, (not Emily in the middle.. sorry but it's fact)
I don't doubt that Jack loves Margaux, even if I think they're moving way too fast. She came into his life in a really dark time, she got him to have fun and made him laugh, and she seems to adore Carl.

So, yeah. I think he loves her.

But would he consider her the great love of his life?

I think that's still up for debate.

Also, I'd dispute that he "really" loved fake Amanda. Did you see the episode where she popped back into his life pregnant? During that scene and for part of S2, he looked positively sick at times at the prospect of settling down with her when he so obviously still wanted to be with Emily.

It wasn't until later in S2 that he calmed down and really showed fake Amanda the kind of love and commitment she wanted. But was it because he was passionately in love with her? Or was it because he cared about her as the mother of his child and was forcing himself to feel for her out of a sense of duty?

It all comes down to your perspective. Mine is that I will never forget the look in Jack's eyes in the S1 finale when Emily saw fake Amanda rubbing her belly. Jack didn't look happy. He looked like he was in pain.

Quote:
If after that dog scene, where they both cry, after 1 season show hed gone to other direction, maybe...
but after all Jack/Amanda love story, after Aiden.... Jack was completely in love whit Amanda, and Emily with Aiden, she said that Aidan was like her, who gets her...
and what Jack/Emily have in real, childhood memorys? they were friends at age 6-7 ?
If Emily was close to Jack as kid, she was more close to Aiden when she was adult, as she is now :/
I can't speak for anyone else in this thread, but I still see Jack as Emily's true one true love (and vice versa) not because they knew each other as kids, but because from the moment they met as adults there was a current of electricity running between them. And that current has never gone away, no matter how much time has passed and how many others they've been romantically involved with.

Aiden gets Emily because he understands her need for revenge. That's how they connected in the first place.

But one could easily argue that Emily is with Aiden now because Jack has not made himself an option for her (because he's been angry and distant).

If Jack were to go to Emily and say that he loves her and wants a future with her, would she still be so keen to run off with Aiden? I'm doubting it. And I think Aiden doubts it too, which is why he's so insanely jealous of Jack -- he sees Jack as a threat. Which means that he knows Emily's feelings for Jack run much deeper than "childhood friend."
Old 01-20-2014, 06:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Jack telling Margaux he loves her got an 'eyes rolling' for me. I hate when the writers do that. Its just a last resort from them to keep the relationship going. I think i got kinda pissed that Jack would think about buying a house with Margaux. I would understand if its for Carl to have a home that's not a bar...but that decision shouldn't involve or include Margaux. Its too early.

Honestly as a Jack and Emily fan....it wasn't a surprise at all. With the new that the actress playing Margaux is a regular just like actor playing Aiden got upgraded to a regular midseason. Its all obstacles for Jack and Emily. I don't like it, but to me is, as long as they are stringing us along, don't be so final about their other relationships.

And this whole Emily and Aiden thing...is driving me crazy! The relationship is so messed up. I don't even get me started lol

I don't doubt Jack and Emily are endgame, but if its just a regular viewers, it can be very confusing.

RIP JoJo. Love you. Best friend that anybody can have.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:16 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I truly believe it's a soulmate connection. Jack and Emily as Northboundtrain stated has an electric connection, it's deep down and is not just about childhood or adulthood it's the deep connection of love. The way Jack described their connection in season one is the perfect description. Just a glare or touch you feel it that deep soul connection and it can't or won't go away. That's at least what I see and feel.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemilyforever (View Post)
I truly believe it's a soulmate connection. Jack and Emily as Northboundtrain stated has an electric connection, it's deep down and is not just about childhood or adulthood it's the deep connection of love. The way Jack described their connection in season one is the perfect description. Just a glare or touch you feel it that deep soul connection and it can't or won't go away. That's at least what I see and feel.
Me too
Old 01-21-2014, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

One of the camera ppl posted some things
:
Spoiler:
Old 01-21-2014, 11:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Thank you Kyls!!

Spoiler:

Last edited by northboundtrain; 01-21-2014 at 11:29 PM
Old 01-22-2014, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 01-22-2014, 06:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
One of the camera ppl posted some things
:
Spoiler:
Thank you
Old 01-22-2014, 06:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB (View Post)
Love it
Old 01-23-2014, 12:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by northboundtrain (View Post)
Thank you Kyls!!

Spoiler:
Spoiler: