Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-19-2014, 11:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by northboundtrain (View Post)
Welcome to the thread!! You've come to the right place. I've watched from the beginning but I only just started posting here, and it's so great to be able to discuss their scenes with everybody. Which episode are you on so far?
Thanks

I'm about to watch the last three episodes of season 1! I must say I was a little disappointed with the amount of jack/emily scenes after their great buildup and jack's confession. but I get why the writers would drag their story out as long as possible... but the real emily/fake amanda annoyed me so I didn't like seeing Jack running after her (even though it made sense). I know she'll be back so I'm preparing myself for more scenes I won't care for

anyway, this is definitely a show that I can't stop watching once I've started because every episode reveals something new...

danny & mindy

Old 01-19-2014, 12:02 PM
Addicted Fan

I don't mind waiting until the end as long as we get the sweet moments showing their connection. I agree that if they put them together now they're just gonna break them up.

In regards to the fertility issue I like the idea of Niko faking the test results.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPoster (View Post)
I don't mind waiting until the end as long as we get the sweet moments showing their connection. I agree that if they put them together now they're just gonna break them up.

In regards to the fertility issue I like the idea of Niko faking the test results.
And we know they ready love each other, that why Jack & Emily get so damn mad at each others.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Welcome to the thread raphi1860! S2 is not as good for Jack/Emily but the season finale is awesome! and S3 is good so far..
Old 01-19-2014, 02:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphi1860 (View Post)
I'm about to watch the last three episodes of season 1! I must say I was a little disappointed with the amount of jack/emily scenes after their great buildup and jack's confession. but I get why the writers would drag their story out as long as possible... but the real emily/fake amanda annoyed me so I didn't like seeing Jack running after her (even though it made sense). I know she'll be back so I'm preparing myself for more scenes I won't care for
I used to be so annoyed at the lack of progress on the Emily and Jack front, but in hindsight I realize that it's probably a good sign that they weren't pushed together too soon.

I also want to echo what AlwaysCB said -- hang in there with S2. Even TPTB admitted later that they got a little off-track. They start correcting the show's direction toward the end of the season.

If you want, come here to vent. After tonight's episode, the show goes on hiatus until March, so we'll need stuff to talk about. I was doing a re-watch myself, but I stalled during S1. I'm going to try to start it up again during the hiatus.

Quote:
anyway, this is definitely a show that I can't stop watching once I've started because every episode reveals something new...
Yes, it's very good at hooking you!
Old 01-19-2014, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I hope we'll get some scenes in this new episode!
Old 01-19-2014, 08:22 PM
Loyal Fan

No scenes.

But I'm interested in learning why Emily is losing time.

And Jack/Margaux grated big time. House-hunting? Really?
Old 01-19-2014, 10:33 PM
Elite Fan

I don't mind Jack/Margaux, but I'd rather they not. Jack doesn't need a second marriage before we get to Jack/Emily. And
Spoiler:

No Jack/Emily scenes was disappointing. And Emily and Conrad?

Last edited by Kyls; 01-20-2014 at 05:45 AM
Old 01-20-2014, 02:36 AM
New Fan

Well i think Emily and Jack wont be together till the end of the series. That would be her happy end. Now that she can't have children she will adopt Amanda's son and will live happily ever after:d
Old 01-20-2014, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Jack/Margaux are going way too fast can't wait for them to break up.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB (View Post)
Jack/Margaux are going way too fast can't wait for them to break up.
So true
Old 01-20-2014, 11:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi everyone! I don't get to post much but I'm glad you're here and was wondering what people think about this season and J/E.

I didn't like this week's episode but loved the last two. I re-watched the previous week's and this week's made a little more sense as far as how Emily and Daniel are stuck with each other. I also was relieved to remember that the previous two episodes showed Jack being concerned about Emily, because last night's he didn't seem so at all and seems to be in love with Margaux, and thinking of moving which is ridiculous. I thought he had no money! Everything he has really has been due to Emily's and Nolan's generosity and while I understand he'd blame Emily some for his wife's death, I really wish the writers would include more about how his feelings are more complex than that. It seems he gave "Amanda" his wife more of a pass than he gives Emily who is the real Amanda! I guess he's just trying to forget about her with Margaux, but I wish we'd have more hints of the depth of his feelings. With Margaux lying to him about her involvement with Conrad though, he'll realize he can't escape the Greysons and of course, Emily and so maybe we'll get more then.

Wow I hate ABC's scheduling though--MARCH???!!! We just took a break, only got what, three, episodes and now nothing until March? I wouldn't even mind repeats too.
No wonder the ratings slipped--you'd think they would have learned their lesson with Lost.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
I don't mind Jack/Margaux, but I'd rather they not. Jack doesn't need a second marriage before we get to Jack/Emily.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Another marriage for Jack at this point would be ridiculous. They can use Margaux as an obstacle without resorting to that.

Quote:
And
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
No Jack/Emily scenes was disappointing. And Emily and Conrad?
I'm hoping that they didn't sleep together. That's just so sleazy on so many levels.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthisbeauty (View Post)
Hi everyone! I don't get to post much but I'm glad you're here and was wondering what people think about this season and J/E.
Hi So far, I think the season is definitely better than last season -- not just on the Jack and Emily front, but on every other front as well.

Quote:
I didn't like this week's episode but loved the last two. I re-watched the previous week's and this week's made a little more sense as far as how Emily and Daniel are stuck with each other.
Yeah, I think that's one thing the writers have done a pretty good job on -- the shooting, Sara, Emily's injuries, her isolation (both physical and emotional) from Jack and Nolan have all created the perfect storm to keep Emily in Grayson Manor for the time being.

Quote:
I also was relieved to remember that the previous two episodes showed Jack being concerned about Emily, because last night's he didn't seem so at all and seems to be in love with Margaux, and thinking of moving which is ridiculous. I thought he had no money! Everything he has really has been due to Emily's and Nolan's generosity
Oh, it's a total plot-point that makes no sense at all (especially the money thing -- there's no way I believe that the Stowaway's been doing well enough for Jack to buy a house).

But that actually makes me feel a bit better about it, because if they're rushing to have Jack make that kind of commitment to Margaux, that must mean that something's about to come along to shatter it. Just like with Emily and Aiden's engagement.

Quote:
and while I understand he'd blame Emily some for his wife's death, I really wish the writers would include more about how his feelings are more complex than that. It seems he gave "Amanda" his wife more of a pass than he gives Emily who is the real Amanda!
It's so frustrating. I posted this awhile back, but my thinking is that Jack finds it easier to forgive fake Amanda because her lies were about trying to hold onto him. At the end of the day, fake Amanda wanted him. But, from Jack's perspective, Emily's lies were about pushing him away. Because if she'd been honest from day one, they could have been together. So I think that's part of what's driving his anger toward her while being more sympathetic toward fake Amanda (even though, to my mind, fake Amanda's lies were worse because they were selfish, whereas Emily's were designed to protect Jack from her revenge plot).

Quote:
I guess he's just trying to forget about her with Margaux, but I wish we'd have more hints of the depth of his feelings.
Oh, I totally agree. The one thing I really wish we'd gotten in this episode was some kind of follow-up to Jack's bitterness last week when he learned that Emily was staying at Grayson Manor. I'm certain that that's part of the reason he's suddenly trying to go all "fresh start and a new home with Margaux," but I felt that could have been better communicated by the writing.

I mean, he didn't even mention Emily once in this episode, did he? Unless I missed it. That's just sloppy.

Quote:
With Margaux lying to him about her involvement with Conrad though,
That's a really good point; I had forgotten that she didn't tell him about Conrad. That could cause problems since she's making her magazine more of a priority than Jack's warning about how dangerous Conrad is.

Quote:
he'll realize he can't escape the Greysons and of course, Emily and so maybe we'll get more then.
Well... (spoiler thoughts under the cut; not sure if you're spoiler-free)

Spoiler:

Quote:
Wow I hate ABC's scheduling though--MARCH???!!! We just took a break, only got what, three, episodes and now nothing until March? I wouldn't even mind repeats too.
No wonder the ratings slipped--you'd think they would have learned their lesson with Lost.
Well, originally we were going to be on hiatus from December until March like Once Upon a Time. Then that changed and we got these three January episodes.

And the last two episodes actually held up pretty well in the ratings. It's this last one that did horribly. But people seem to be blaming that on football.

I wish it could just move back to Wednesday. There's just too much else going on Sunday night.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Well, originally we were going to be on hiatus from December until March like Once Upon a Time. Then that changed and we got these three January episodes...I wish it could just move back to Wednesday. There's just too much else going on Sunday night.
I didn't know about the hiatus plans. I just hate all the back and forth. I wouldn't have minded having a few less in a row in the fall if they did five or so in a row and then had a hiatus, even if you have to wait a while. I agree with you though about Wednesday. It seemed like a good idea at first to move to Sunday but Sunday they have so many special events that they preempt the show for, which I think is what caused some of the ratings (overall, compared to S1) to go down. You just couldn't follow the complex plot last season with so many breaks. Since it will be on at 10pm again as it was on Wednesday I'll just have to wait until the next day to watch it so I get enough sleep for work.

Quote:
It's so frustrating. I posted this awhile back, but my thinking is that Jack finds it easier to forgive fake Amanda because her lies were about trying to hold onto him.
I agree with you about this, although at the time I did find him too gullible in not asking enough questions about Fauxmanda (which is really the fault of the writing.) I think my frustration with Jack not blaming fake Amanda (in death) has more to do with how she also lied about who she is and how he married and had a child with someone who he doesn't even know!! She also deceived him by pretending to be Amanda. However, I take comfort that his being more angry with Emily meant he felt the betrayal more because he feels more for Emily overall. He always instinctively did, even when he didn't know she is the real Amanda. As a fan of the show, I just wish the writing would reflect more of his push and pull.

Quote:
Oh, I totally agree. The one thing I really wish we'd gotten in this episode was some kind of follow-up to Jack's bitterness last week when he learned that Emily was staying at Grayson Manor. I'm certain that that's part of the reason he's suddenly trying to go all "fresh start and a new home with Margaux," but I felt that could have been better communicated by the writing.

I mean, he didn't even mention Emily once in this episode, did he? Unless I missed it. That's just sloppy.
Thanks for this, this is the kind of thing that bothers me about this show and always has, except for the first few episodes of S1. I hadn't even picked up on Jack's reaction to Margaux about not wanting to be involved anymore as being MORE about not wanting to be involved with Emily's revengenda than about not butting in on Margaux's editorship, until you all mentioned it here. I just wish the writers would pay more attention to Jack/Emily throughout the season even if they can't be together until the end. Make it more evident that he's with Margaux because he's trying to forget Emily. Give us a little reminder of J/E's connection (or lack of it in the present circumstances) in little moments. It's so great when we have those moments and the actors in particular charge them with meaning.

Jack moving too fast does give me hope now, though! Even without a complicated love (Emily) to rebound from, his being a widower wanting to replace his wife so fast would normally spell desperation. He will not like learning that Margaux is deceiving him by leaving out the part about Conrad's involvement.