Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

It's pathetic that I perk up with the mere mention of Wilke on the show.

But I just miss him and his charming self so much.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
well we learned a couple things about wilke tonight.

that he doesn't support toby/nikki.

and that he possibly gave simone chlamydia.
Yes! I love it! I so totally love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
And he likes to mail blow up dolls.

The thought of all of former guitar face having banged Simone....
Hey, Guitar Face was just like a REAL band. Seriously, I love all of this so much. I love the comedic relief, but I mostly love the heart-to-heart these moments allowed for Toby and Emmett. Both Lucas Grabeel and Sean Berdy were spot-on perfect tonight. And the writing was sharp and tight. I truly do stand in awe of these scenes in tonight's episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumdrops (View Post)
It's pathetic that I perk up with the mere mention of Wilke on the show.

But I just miss him and his charming self so much.
Yes, me, too!
Old 08-13-2013, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope he shows up anyway for their wedding. I was a bit disappointed when Toby said that he wasnt coming because he didnt support the marriage. I wanted to see Wilke.
My LJ
Old 08-13-2013, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

Me too!

We all want to see Wilke. It's too bad they weren't able to work something out with Austin. Even if it was just for a scene or two. I know he films in NYC for TCD, but still, would have been nice.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Me too!

We all want to see Wilke. It's too bad they weren't able to work something out with Austin. Even if it was just for a scene or two. I know he films in NYC for TCD, but still, would have been nice.
At least Wilke's name is still being bandied about frequently! That's a good sign. It's a VERY good sign.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:25 PM
Elite Fan

That made me think of Young Frankenstein. "You're going to banter my name around."

Yes, we will always keep Wilke in our thoughts (and minds and names).
Old 08-19-2013, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
At least Wilke's name is still being bandied about frequently! That's a good sign. It's a VERY good sign.
exactly

So Wilke also wasn't a fan of Nikki/Toby. At least they haven't forgotten about him completely.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:56 AM
Elite Fan

Aw, no. You can never forget Wilke!
Old 08-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Master Fan

When he does return, I look forward to him becoming a part of the band again. I want to see him interact with both Toby and Emmett.

Emmett seemed very accepting of Wilke at Toby's bachelor party, and I don't believe Emmett holds anything against Wilke for revealing what he had done to Daphne. But Wilke was never one of Emmett's favorite people.

And the last time we saw Wilke, he made his feelings about Emmett clear with Daphne. He does not like Emmett, because he thinks Emmett is a phony.

Wilke could add a little tension in their band. It would make their band seem true-to-life, since bands often go through such strife. Not to mention, all three guys have been with Simone. I wonder if she will continue to arrange gigs for them in the future. I could see her doing that and adding a little to the drama.

Plus when Emmett & Bay reunite, I believe Toby will be supportive and happy for both of them. As Toby watched Emmett give his toast, I could see something in Toby's eyes that made me realize Toby recognizes what Emmett lost.

But when Emmett & Bay reunite, I could see Wilke taking more of the "protective" big brother role for Bay. It's something that could be worked out between Emmett and Wilke. Obviously, Wilke has his own past to overcome. I could even see Emmett not being so sure if Wilke is the right guy for Daphne. But I just like the idea of tension between Wilke and Emmett. I can see both guys saying to each other, "If you hurt her, you will be answering to me."

Wilke is so charismatic. I look forward to his wit and charm. Plus, I like the idea of someone being there to keep Emmett on his toes. Emmett is so good at winning the other characters over to his side. I want someone there that causes Emmett a little apprehension. Angelo would also be a great character to keep Emmett from feeling over confident.

When Wilke returns, it would be fun if Wilke and Angelo hit it off over their shared love for music, and Emmett felt a little jealous about Wilke's relationship with his future father-in-law.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

I like the idea of Wilke and Emmett being on edge, but also at the same time respecting each other if that makes sense.

I need Austin to come back to this show already.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

It makes total sense and I agree. There can be an overtly obvious tension between two people but they don't have to become OOC about it. Wilke's been away for a while and as such, hasn't seen the efforts Emmett put in to repair his relationships with both Toby and Bay. And it would also make sense that Wilke would still have reservations about Emmett given what transpired when he left, when it comes to Toby, Bay, and Daphne.

I could see Wilke not being comfortable with how Toby and Bay have let Emmett back in, especially if Emmett and Bay have reunited at this point and like Amy said, I could see Emmett thinking Wilke is too immature for Daphne or not willing to go the distance in terms of ASL.

I second needing Austin to come back. TCD is my guilty pleasure for Fridays, and it's cute, but I don't think I'd miss Sebastian if he was gone. I'd rather have Austin as Wilke.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
I like the idea of Wilke and Emmett being on edge, but also at the same time respecting each other if that makes sense.

I need Austin to come back to this show already.
I re-watched The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters again today. There is this great moment where Emmett & Bay are playing with some of the props on a table, and Wilke walks up to them (through the fog from Daphne's fog machine) to grab a soda from the cooler.

Wilke takes the soda and turns to look at Bay. Emmett turns away from the props on the table, with a sword in his hands, and the two men totally stare each other down for a moment.

Of course, all of this happens before Wilke sees Emmett & Simone's text messages to each other. But it shows the tension between the two, even then, and they both look so incredibly sexy while staring each other down.

It's obvious to me that Wilke is sizing Emmett up to determine if he is good enough to date Toby's little sister. And Emmett is sizing Wilke up to determine 1) if he is making a pass at Bay and 2) if he is good enough to date Daphne.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

could you add me to the lsit?
Old 11-05-2013, 04:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
I re-watched The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters again today. There is this great moment where Emmett & Bay are playing with some of the props on a table, and Wilke walks up to them (through the fog from Daphne's fog machine) to grab a soda from the cooler.

Wilke takes the soda and turns to look at Bay. Emmett turns away from the props on the table, with a sword in his hands, and the two men totally stare each other down for a moment.

Of course, all of this happens before Wilke sees Emmett & Simone's text messages to each other. But it shows the tension between the two, even then, and they both look so incredibly sexy while staring each other down.

It's obvious to me that Wilke is sizing Emmett up to determine if he is good enough to date Toby's little sister. And Emmett is sizing Wilke up to determine 1) if he is making a pass at Bay and 2) if he is good enough to date Daphne.
Yes! I noticed this on a recent rewatch too. Subtle, but pointed. I have a love/hate relationship with that episode, but not because of Wilke.

I haven't seen Austin in anything else, but I thoroughly enjoyed him as Wilke, and would love to see him return. I think there would inevitably be tension between Wilke and Emmett, but that could be played so well by Austin and Sean.

Is he as good in other shows as he is in Switched at Birth?
Old 11-06-2013, 06:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassias (View Post)
Yes! I noticed this on a recent rewatch too. Subtle, but pointed. I have a love/hate relationship with that episode, but not because of Wilke.

I haven't seen Austin in anything else, but I thoroughly enjoyed him as Wilke, and would love to see him return. I think there would inevitably be tension between Wilke and Emmett, but that could be played so well by Austin and Sean.

Is he as good in other shows as he is in Switched at Birth?
Austin Butler is cute in The Carrie Diaries, but his dialogue in Switched at Birth was so much sharper and wittier. His character felt dynamic on Switched at Birth. I do not get that in The Carrie Diaries. The writers are not tapping into the actors full abilities, so much wasted potential.

But his eyes sparkle and he puts out so much heat that he smolders (in a good way) on both shows.