Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-21-2012, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, and I think the Emmett thing and also Bay's relationship with Angelo will be a good way to segue into the Bay-Regina relationship and really create some solid footing for these two to develop a deeper mother-daughter bond.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It will all connect - especially since I'm curious if any real amends will eventually be reached between Regina and Angelo. If they truly get back together at some point, Bay will have her biological family intact.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:03 AM
Elite Fan

That would be interesting in a sense because it creates a dichotomy between Bay and Daphne. Now both girls have a "full" bio family as well as the ones they were born to think were their families. Of course it's different for Daphne because Angelo walked out, so she probably will never feel the closeness that Bay has felt with John and Kathryn.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
That would be interesting in a sense because it creates a dichotomy between Bay and Daphne. Now both girls have a "full" bio family as well as the ones they were born to think were their families. Of course it's different for Daphne because Angelo walked out, so she probably will never feel the closeness that Bay has felt with John and Kathryn.
True, and that is one way that Bay really lucked out! John may not be her biological father, but in a sense, the gift of 'ignorance' gave her the complete feeling that it was her real family all along, in all senses of the word. Even if now she knows the truth, that can't be taken away from Bay.

Daphne on the other hand, essentially lived with a scenario that Bay might never have had to endure anyway if the only reason Angelo truly left was because of doubts over 'Daphne' being his because of the way she looked compared to both he and Regina.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:55 PM
Addicted Fan

I don't blame Angelo for feeling that way about Daphne, she doesn't look anything like him and it would spark up some doubts on whether or not Regina had an affair.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
True, and that is one way that Bay really lucked out! John may not be her biological father, but in a sense, the gift of 'ignorance' gave her the complete feeling that it was her real family all along, in all senses of the word. Even if now she knows the truth, that can't be taken away from Bay.

Daphne on the other hand, essentially lived with a scenario that Bay might never have had to endure anyway if the only reason Angelo truly left was because of doubts over 'Daphne' being his because of the way she looked compared to both he and Regina.
Very true. It can never be taken away from Bay, while Daphne on the other hand, it's always going to be bittersweet because of Angelo leaving, and even if she tells herself it wasn't her, those feelings will always be there.

Quote:
I don't blame Angelo for feeling that way about Daphne, she doesn't look anything like him and it would spark up some doubts on whether or not Regina had an affair.
It's tough because 99% of the time when the DNA doesn't match, it would be the result of an affair, but then again, the child didn't do anything wrong, but I can't say I'd be gung-ho about raising a child that was conceived out of an affair. I mean as a woman that would be hard, but I mean if in the future the guy I married had an affair and a child was conceived and he wanted to be apart of that child's life, I don't think I'd be okay with it. Not that the child doesn't have a right to a parent, but it would represent such a betrayal. I don't think any child deserves to feel that away, abandoned, and it's really sad when it happens, but it does.

Plenty of people have affairs and try and pass the child off as the partner's child, and then it's awful because the father usually falls in love with the kid and if it's revealed that it's not theirs? It's just a horrible situation.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanamuchacha020 (View Post)
I kind of disagree.

It's one thing to have doubts, I'm not saying Angelo should have felt obligated to raise a child that was proven not to be his. But at the same time, his initial assumption was a bit ignorant to me, to only base his doubts on looks?! First off, red hair is found in hispanic culture, Regina is hispanic. So what if Daphne was light-skinned?! There are light-skinned and dark toned hispanic people as well. Genetics is a very complicated thing, the traits on the parents don't necessarily match what ends up on the child, and I've seen time and time again where somebody based their assumptions on looks and the child was deprived of a parent because that parent and their doubts turned out to be dead wrong. And all because ... 'The child didn't look like me.'

Now, in this case, it turned out to be the case - Daphne was not their biological child; however, at the same time, I didn't hear that Regina jumped to conclusions the minute 'red hair' popped up on her daughter instead of dark hair. Sure, at Daphne's age of three, she found out the truth but I'm willing to bet it only became an issue for her after Angelo brought it up and walked out. Obviously, Regina knew she never cheated.

Seriously, if we go by looks, then by all rights the Kennishes should have felt something was up right away because Bay doesn't look like either one of them with her dominating darker latino/italian features.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I kind of disagree.

It's one thing to have doubts, I'm not saying Angelo should have felt obligated to raise a child that was proven not to be his. But at the same time, his initial assumption was a bit ignorant to me, to only base his doubts on looks?! First off, red hair is found in hispanic culture, Regina is hispanic. So what if Daphne was light-skinned?! There are light-skinned and dark toned hispanic people as well. Genetics is a very complicated thing, the traits on the parents don't necessarily match what ends up on the child, and I've seen time and time again where somebody based their assumptions on looks and the child was deprived of a parent because that parent and their doubts turned out to be dead wrong. And all because ... 'The child didn't look like me.'

Now, in this case, it turned out to be the case - Daphne was not their biological child; however, at the same time, I didn't hear that Regina jumped to conclusions the minute 'red hair' popped up on her daughter instead of dark hair. Sure, at Daphne's age of three, she found out the truth but I'm willing to bet it only became an issue for her after Angelo brought it up and walked out. Obviously, Regina knew she never cheated.

Seriously, if we go by looks, then by all rights the Kennishes should have felt something was up right away because Bay doesn't look like either one of them with her dominating darker latino/italian features.
I'm just saying, I understand why Angelo felt that way and it turned out to be true so yeah!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:55 AM
Elite Fan

Congrats to Constance for winning an ALMA award yesterday!!!

Quote:
@goconstance: I WON!!!! Thank you Tweeple for all you votes!!!!!!! You are amazing!!!!!! @AlmaAwards @ABCFsab http://t.co/D5Xyn61s
Old 09-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

So proud of her!

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 09-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Congrats to her!

Old 09-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Elite Fan

I'm curious to see how Regina's new 'role' with Simone will affect Bay and Daphne. On one hand, I get that Regina has been there and sees someone who needs help, but on the other hand, while Regina and Daphne's relationship is strong, her relationship with Bay is shaky, and this may not be good.

I know it seems petty, but I can't say I'd be too keen on my mom helping the girl who slept with my boyfriend behind my back. It's tricky, but I kind of want Regina's loyalty to remain with Bay and Daphne, and hey, even Toby.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I'm curious to see how Regina's new 'role' with Simone will affect Bay and Daphne. On one hand, I get that Regina has been there and sees someone who needs help, but on the other hand, while Regina and Daphne's relationship is strong, her relationship with Bay is shaky, and this may not be good.

I know it seems petty, but I can't say I'd be too keen on my mom helping the girl who slept with my boyfriend behind my back. It's tricky, but I kind of want Regina's loyalty to remain with Bay and Daphne, and hey, even Toby.
Honestly, I see Regina befriending Simone causing some serious issues with her and Bay. You're right, their relationship is on shaky grounds and I don't see Bay taking this very well. I could see Daphne understanding, perhaps even Toby but Bay? NO way. I could see this taking away any little bit of progress they've made on them getting closer.

I get Regina sympathizes with Simone, because she's been there, she's done things she's not proud of when she's been drunk(I wonder if Regina will share with Bay if she asks why she's reaching out to Simone) but either way, I really don't see this being good for Bay and Regina. It's been hard enough on them and they can't take another hit right now.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:43 AM
Moderator Support Team

^Yeah, I can see that same thing even I don't think that Regina would defend Simone, but she would defend herself because she know what it was like since she been in Simone's shoes before that she doesn't have anyone in her life, so at least she can give her a chance or something like that..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 09-26-2012, 08:22 AM
Addicted Fan

All Bay would see is that Regina betrayed her by being friends with the girl who broke up her relationship with a guy she truly loved. That's not going to go over well.