Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanamuchacha020 (View Post)
Yeah, Adriana mentioned before how Bay is so much like Regina and how she made the comment of how gorgeous she is. I noticed their similarities when Kathryn had the meet up lunch at the Kennish compound, how Bay was throwing out a snarky comment, Kathryn was telling her to be nice, Regina pulled out a snarky comment, Daphne was telling her to be nice. That made me laugh....
That was the best. Shows how similar they are. Regina definitely has a different dynamic with each daughter, and I think it's best that way. This way neither is relegated as being less special. Each is special in its own right.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
That was the best. Shows how similar they are. Regina definitely has a different dynamic with each daughter, and I think it's best that way. This way neither is relegated as being less special. Each is special in its own right.
Very true. I think Regina and Bay have that snarky sarcastic artistic personality going on, SO MANY similarities with them. With Daphne, she doesn't have that kinda personality, she's more of a "down to earth athletic chef related nice girl" Kathryn has a lot of similarities to Daphne. That's to be expected. When I saw that scene, the actors just played it well. It's like the girls had been switched at birth and you saw it through their families personalities. Hehe
Old 08-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, Regina and Bay have a different relationship than Regina and Daphne, but like I said, it's better that way. A situation like this and you don't want to say one is better than the other because someone gets hurt. Bay is her blood, but she raised Daphne and now she's getting to know Bay. I think it's really the best possible outcome from all of this. She's trying to make it work with both.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yes, Regina and Bay have a different relationship than Regina and Daphne, but like I said, it's better that way. A situation like this and you don't want to say one is better than the other because someone gets hurt. Bay is her blood, but she raised Daphne and now she's getting to know Bay. I think it's really the best possible outcome from all of this. She's trying to make it work with both.
Exactly. In the end, Regina will have two daughters. The one she raised and the one who is her blood. I think she'll get the best of both worlds.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

^ that is how I feel. If she had told anyone about the switch, she would have lost Daphne and who even knows if she would have gained Bay, but this way she gets to know Bay and see her become a woman, and she gets to see Daphne become a woman and there's no real competition. She's going to love them differently because she's still getting to know Bay, but I'd say even in a family where there's lots of kids, you feel differently about each child and love them in their own special way.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Addicted Fan

I think it goes for both set of parents, if they had known and had the chance to do it, they'd want both daughters, not just one, because they all bonded with their other daughter. Regina is still struggling with getting close to Bay especially since Bay found out she knew. Kathryn and Daphne, I'm not so sure they've made a lot of head way if you ask me. Not much progress with Bay and Angelo, I think there is progress with Daphne/John. Overall, Bay feels rejected and both girls are hurt over what Regina did. They're young and naive, they'll soon learn one day that Regina wasn't trying to hurt them and she does love them
Old 08-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I think they would have wanted both daughters in the end.

I think they are all struggling. Kathryn told John she feels closer to Bay than Daphne, and I'm sure Regina feels closer to Daphne. I would say it's a bit different for Regina though because she knew for nearly thirteen years and stood on the sidelines watching Bay be Bay Kennish, so that was hard and probably why she's hesitent.

Will all these feelings go away? Sure, eventually. Not anytime soon and I'd wager it'll take years, but I think that's natural. Even in an adoptive situation where the adoptive parents are great, there has to be some resentment for the child wondering why their parents didn't keep them.

And I think issues with a significant other are much easier to get over than lingering hurt over your parents. So many people carry that even into adulthood and I get that. Your parents are supposed to love you unconditionally and not feeling like you are wanted or loved by them leads to a lot of emotional discord.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I think they would have wanted both daughters in the end.

I think they are all struggling. Kathryn told John she feels closer to Bay than Daphne, and I'm sure Regina feels closer to Daphne. I would say it's a bit different for Regina though because she knew for nearly thirteen years and stood on the sidelines watching Bay be Bay Kennish, so that was hard and probably why she's hesitent.

Will all these feelings go away? Sure, eventually. Not anytime soon and I'd wager it'll take years, but I think that's natural. Even in an adoptive situation where the adoptive parents are great, there has to be some resentment for the child wondering why their parents didn't keep them.

And I think issues with a significant other are much easier to get over than lingering hurt over your parents. So many people carry that even into adulthood and I get that. Your parents are supposed to love you unconditionally and not feeling like you are wanted or loved by them leads to a lot of emotional discord.
It's natural for Kathryn to feel closer to Bay, she's raised her. I know Kathryn wants to be closer to Daphne, it'll take some time, just like Regina would love to be closer to Bay. It'll take Bay longer to let Regina in because of how badly she got hurt.

I couldn't imagine how Regina feels. She told Bay that she followed her constantly, watched her, Had a PI take pictures of her, even so much as snuck into her one of recitals. She said it's been really hard to watch her and know she's out there and that it was TOO painful to be around her because Bay could never be Regina's.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, it's natural for both Kathryn and Regina to feel closer to the daughters they raised. Absolutely.

Eventually Bay and Regina will come to a good place, but it could take a while. There's a lot of hurt on Bay's side, and it'll be interesting to see if Daphne continues to be angry a bit at Regina for keeping her from her biological family.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Yes, it's natural for both Kathryn and Regina to feel closer to the daughters they raised. Absolutely.

Eventually Bay and Regina will come to a good place, but it could take a while. There's a lot of hurt on Bay's side, and it'll be interesting to see if Daphne continues to be angry a bit at Regina for keeping her from her biological family.
I could see how much it hurt Daphne knowing she missed out on that and Bay grew up with that. Bay missed out on knowing Regina and her blood family. If Angelo hadn't of thought Regina had affair and the switch hadn't of happened, I doubt Angelo would of bolted.

I'm so anxious for some Bay/Regina scenes...
Old 08-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Absolute Fan

Add me please

- Mari -
Old 08-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Elite Fan

Added.

Quote:
I could see how much it hurt Daphne knowing she missed out on that and Bay grew up with that. Bay missed out on knowing Regina and her blood family. If Angelo hadn't of thought Regina had affair and the switch hadn't of happened, I doubt Angelo would of bolted.

I'm so anxious for some Bay/Regina scenes..
It hurt both of them and her knowing for most of their lives isn't helping, but in time they will understand it. Each girl missed out on something, so I don't compare who had less. But then again I hope it comes out that they wouldn't be who they are today if it wasn't for the switch. You change one thing, you change everything.

I hope we get some nice Bay and Regina scenes. Constance is adorable when she posts pictures of her and Vanessa or just Vanessa. She always hashtags it bio baby.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:40 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Added.

It hurt both of them and her knowing for most of their lives isn't helping, but in time they will understand it. Each girl missed out on something, so I don't compare who had less. But then again I hope it comes out that they wouldn't be who they are today if it wasn't for the switch. You change one thing, you change everything.

I hope we get some nice Bay and Regina scenes. Constance is adorable when she posts pictures of her and Vanessa or just Vanessa. She always hashtags it bio baby.
I wasn't comparing. I think that scene of Daphne finding those pictures in the guitar case and Regina coming clean, those girls will remember that moment for the rest of their lives. They may have missed out on something but they're getting the chance NOW to make up for that.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Elite Fan

I didn't say you were. I am just saying in general there tends to be the need for comparison about which girl had it worse and who shouldn't be complaining, and I'm saying they are both hurt and each has something from the switch which will affect them for the rest of their lives.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed that everyone is struggling to come to terms with all this. I think right now, it's easier for both Daphne and Bay to lash out at Regina because the pain of the truth is still so fresh, all the insecurities are still there. But I think that once both girls see that Regina isn't going anywhere because she loves them both and that they're not losing anything but gaining more people that love them, and the insecurities start to be put to rest, I think both girls might look back and change their perception a bit on how they view the past and Regina's decision at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena_1716 (View Post)
Add me please
Welcome to the thread.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.