Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Extreme Fan

I didn't really get into the Tobey/Nikki thing till late second series. I always did like Nikki though.

The writers wrote a very sweet and tender romance over a period of several episodes. The only better one I have seen was Bright/Hannah on Everwood.

When Tobey manned up and told Nikki about his possible STD and how she reacted showed that they had a deep love for each other and they may be young but they were in a mature relationship.

Their parents told them to just go off and have sex and get it out of their systems, and by telling them that they were implying you really don't love each other, you just have the hots for each other.

Nikki who is totally in love with Tobey and trusts him took a gamble and told him we can have sex and not get married thereby taking that issue off the table. They had sex that night. So they were in a position their parents wanted them to be. Having sex and single. Why get married? They chose to get married anyway because their relationship went way beyond sex.

Emmett got it during the STD incident.

You can add me as a supporter thanks
Old 08-23-2013, 03:18 PM
Elite Fan

I'll add you now!

I'm glad people are coming around to their relationship. They love each other and did it on their own terms, so hopefully it all works out for them!

I hope we see more of Nikki and Daphne and Bay in season 3. Toby and his ladies.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I hope we see more of Nikki and Daphne and Bay in season 3. Toby and his ladies.
I love how you frame that! Yes, Toby and his ladies. He's such a ladies' man anyway. Such a cutie!
Old 08-27-2013, 08:02 PM
Elite Fan

Well, they are his ladies.

What obstacles do we see for Toby/Nikki next season? Obviously dealing with their eloping. I wonder if Bay or Daphne will be hurt that they didn't get to be apart of it.

But aside from that, new issues as a married couple?
Old 08-27-2013, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

Well, they are his ladies.

What obstacles do we see for Toby/Nikki next season? Obviously dealing with their eloping. I wonder if Bay or Daphne will be hurt that they didn't get to be apart of it.

But aside from that, new issues as a married couple?
My guess is that both Bay and Daphne would understand 100%. They know how J & K were acting. Of course, Toby & Nikki wouldn't want that kind of negativity surrounding them as they take their vows.

I wonder how the writers will continue to involve Toby in Bay's life and in Daphne's life.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 08-28-2013, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

Aw, that's a nice gif.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
My guess is that both Bay and Daphne would understand 100%. They know how J & K were acting. Of course, Toby & Nikki wouldn't want that kind of negativity surrounding them as they take their vows.

I wonder how the writers will continue to involve Toby in Bay's life and in Daphne's life.
I think they will understand given how J&K were acting and no, they wouldn't want that negativity surrounding them.

I wonder, too. I hope he will be continue to be close to them and be their sound board. I love him looking out for his sisters.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

hopefully Nikki gets closer to the girls too
Old 09-14-2013, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

I hope she does, too. They'll be her sister-in-laws after all.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:06 PM
Master Fan

I wonder if Nikki will be back from her mission trip (or close to returning), after the hiatus, or if she will have just departed.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

I wonder too. Depends on when they decide to pick up.

Does anyone think Toby is going to Wash U? Should be interesting to see where that goes.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I wonder too. Depends on when they decide to pick up.

Does anyone think Toby is going to Wash U? Should be interesting to see where that goes.
My guess is that he will go to Wash U. Anybody else?
Old 10-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not sure. I haven't decided quite yet.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle stories like that, especially with senior year looming for Bay and Daphne. If they'll show college life, etc and how or if it will affect Toby and Nikki.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm not sure. I haven't decided quite yet.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle stories like that, especially with senior year looming for Bay and Daphne. If they'll show college life, etc and how or if it will affect Toby and Nikki.
I am very curious to see how it all unfolds. For some reason, I have it in my mind that Nikki & Toby are going to be a success story. I am sure they will have struggles, but I see them as making it like J & K.

After John's divorce comment at the rehearsal dinner, it would be interesting if the tables are turned and he is contemplating the unsavory notion of paying for his own divorce, instead of Toby's.

I hope that doesn't happen, but writers do sometimes make characters eat their words like that.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Elite Fan

They could make it. I think they like to surprise people a bit, I mean the writing staff. But I could also see them separating and getting close to a divorce and then trying again.

As far as John and Kathryn, I don't see them ever separating for good. A separation and contemplating divorce, yes, but actually divorcing no.

I don't know. I know SAB is very angsty and filled with drama, but I like to believe when all is said and done, all three kids will be happy, including their love lives and all four parents will be happy, too. I feel as though they wouldn't end the show with one of the mains unhappy. Now that doesn't necessarily mean a relationship to be happy, but I don't know. I think they want to pile on the drama and the angst and give everyone a happy ending. Or maybe that is just my wish. I tend to hate unhappy/unfulfilling series finales where the writers are all "Well, we could have made everyone delightful but it's unrealistic." I kind of think despite how unrealistic it may seem, a show ending should go out on a happy note for the fans and characters.

That went off tangent a bit but my main comment was that I could see Toby and Nikki making it or if they split for a while reuniting and it lasting at the end.