Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

I think Nikki could teach Toby a lot. I'm still not sure if they have what it takes. We shall see.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I think Nikki could teach Toby a lot. I'm still not sure if they have what it takes. We shall see.
I agree, on both accounts. I do believe they could be good for each other. Toby lost his best friend when Wilke moved away. Bay and Daphne are both wrapped up in their own lives, and their parents (both sets) are wrapped up in them.

Toby needs someone who is there for him. Nikki could be really good for him.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:27 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know. Lately I'm not feeling these two. As much as I love Toby, I feel like he's losing a bit of himself with her. I don't know.

Maybe if we had seen more of their relationship, but it all felt too rushed for my liking.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I don't know. Lately I'm not feeling these two. As much as I love Toby, I feel like he's losing a bit of himself with her. I don't know.

Maybe if we had seen more of their relationship, but it all felt too rushed for my liking.
I agree with the whole rushed bit. One episode she was talking about her controlling/paranoid boyfriend, and the next they're making out. What the heck happened in between?

It makes me sad that I'm not into this relationship because I like both characters (I really loved Nikki's speech about how she's not apologizing for who she was).

The more I see of them, the more I don't see them working out in the end.

No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it -The Emperor from Mulan

Last edited by EyesOnFire; 06-18-2013 at 07:28 PM
Old 06-20-2013, 05:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnFire (View Post)
I agree with the whole rushed bit. One episode she was talking about her controlling/paranoid boyfriend, and the next they're making out. What the heck happened in between?

It makes me sad that I'm not into this relationship because I like both characters (I really loved Nikki's speech about how she's not apologizing for who she was).

The more I see of them, the more I don't see them working out in the end.
Yeah, exactly. It wasn't fleshed out enough. They were together, broke up, got back together and then got engaged. I just can't see it lasting.

I did love Nikki's speech for not apologizing for who she was either, but I don't know. I'm just not feeling them together.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yeah, exactly. It wasn't fleshed out enough. They were together, broke up, got back together and then got engaged. I just can't see it lasting.

I did love Nikki's speech for not apologizing for who she was either, but I don't know. I'm just not feeling them together.
I'm not into them either. It's a very... young and immature relationship. I think they'd need to be together for a few steady years before I'd even consider them ready for marriage. I have to admit that I love all the Reverend Steve cracks that have resulted from them though.

I wouldn't mind seeing a young marriage on TV, but Toby and Nikki aren't exactly the kind of relationship I have in mind.

On a side note, I hope we see more of strong!iNikki. One of the things I love about SAB is how all of the main and recurring female characters are very strong. It's great to see.

No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it -The Emperor from Mulan
Old 06-22-2013, 12:50 PM
Addicted Fan

the fact that their relationship was so forced and rushed is the reason i feel like it's going to ultimately end in disaster.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

^ Pretty much. I feel like she'll leave him at the altar or he'll end up doing something destructive that will end the relationship. Either way, I don't see it going well.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:50 PM
Addicted Fan

i kind of hope that if it's going to end, toby is the one that messes up.

not because i hate toby or anything, but i really can't remember the last time toby did something 'wrong' or 'destructive'. really the only thing i can think of is the gambling and even that was over in like one episode. his character always seems like an afterthought. he needs a jolt.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:53 PM
Elite Fan

True.

Is Toby a virgin? I'm still unsure about that one. I do wonder if that is part of the reason they are marrying, the sex issue. Like John said, waiting until you're married to have sex is one way to find yourself engaged. Not that there's anything wrong with waiting, but Nikki is much more secure in her faith and beliefs than Toby.

Not that I want Toby to cheat, but you never know. Maybe they'll bring back his gambling and have him lose the money for their wedding. That might be more realistic and in character for him. And given how angry he became afterwards, I could see Nikki backing off.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:57 PM
Addicted Fan

i don't think they'll go the cheating route again.

but gambling away the money is an interesting idea. maybe the pressure of saving up the money becomes too much so he risks it all to try and win double or something.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Elite Fan

It's definitely a possibility. It's an addiction. It's not something you just "get over." He may seem past it, but I'd bet money (no pun intended) that he isn't. You never truly get over an addiction. It's always there. Even someone who has been sober for 20 years. I bet if you ask them if they are tempted to drink, they would say yes. Toby will probably always have that need to gamble, but whether he chooses to or not is the question. Being engaged and dealing with marital issues at 18/19 would be a catalyst to bring back his gambling.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Addicted Fan

i wouldn't mind if the outcome of a potential nikki/toby wedding is this season's cliffhanger.

just PLEASE no more angelo baby drama.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
i wouldn't mind if the outcome of a potential nikki/toby wedding is this season's cliffhanger.

just PLEASE no more angelo baby drama.
Well, it's six or seven weeks later. What do you think? We might get both!
Old 08-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Elite Fan

I still am not feeling these two. Sigh. Wish I was, but I just don't.

Even if they end up tying the knot, not sure if I see it lasting. I don't know if Toby has the strength or conviction Nikki needs, and that isn't a mark against him. Sometimes you're just not the person for them. Toby's a very good guy and would be a good partner. Just not for Nikki.