Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-14-2013, 06:32 AM
New Fan

My thoughts exactly, I think it would be interesting to see him on the mission trip, idk if that will happen though.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:42 AM
Master Fan

I wonder what Nikki would think about Toby's alter ego, Lucas Grabeel, as Little Hashtag! For some reason, I think she would dig it

Lil Hashtag 2 - YouTube

This video is the second one Lucas has posted, as Little Hashtag, this week. It's hilarious.

If your wondering what's up with the severed ear in that video, I Googled it. Scary!

Jared Leto Receives a Fan's Severed Ear in the Mail - UsMagazine.com
Old 04-03-2013, 05:27 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_shiningstar (View Post)
Seriously why hasn't anyone posted in this thread! I really like these two together! So cute! I know they are by no means a main couple, but I'm going to admit it...these two are part of the reason I found my way over here to this board, b/c I was hoping there were more fans...
I really hope they follow through with the engagement/marriage plans. There are all kinds of angles the writers could take with this.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippyman (View Post)
I really hope they follow through with the engagement/marriage plans. There are all kinds of angles the writers could take with this.
I do, too! I am a big fan of young love (and babies, too, for that matter)!

I would love to see Toby & Nikki as a young married couple happily facing all of the struggles that life would normally throw their way and overcoming them.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

I am interested in seeing what happens with them. I have a feeling they won't make it to the alter, at least not right away. I think they could be on-again off-again.

I don't know. I feel like Nikki will leave him and they'll both move on for a bit, but then end up coming back together once they have experienced life on their own for a while.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I am interested in seeing what happens with them. I have a feeling they won't make it to the alter, at least not right away. I think they could be on-again off-again.

I don't know. I feel like Nikki will leave him and they'll both move on for a bit, but then end up coming back together once they have experienced life on their own for a while.
Possibly. I too get the vibe that she might leave him at the alter, but if so, that is really difficult to recover from. I am not sure if they would ever end up together after that.

I see Nikki as being the perfect catalyst to make Toby confront his relationship with "the Big Man" as he put it. So that could be the part she is meant to play in his life. Or should could be his life mate. I do think they could be happy together. I love that they have music in common. That is such an important part of Toby's life.

It would be fun to see Nikki & Toby do a little gambling together. Maybe they could elope in Vegas after Kathryn pressures them to wait? With Toby's addiction, that could start their marriage off with a BANG! Yikes!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
This is very possible.

I just hope the writing doesn't exploit Nikki's 'beliefs' just to suit the storyline with Toby. I hate that but I know it's a likely possibility when it comes to the TV writing of couples. I just hate when a girl who represents certain beliefs that I happen to uphold and find dear, bascially mocked and torn down as if to send the message 'that's just not how it really is.'

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
This is very possible.

I just hope the writing doesn't exploit Nikki's 'beliefs' just to suit the storyline with Toby. I hate that but I know it's a likely possibility when it comes to the TV writing of couples. I just hate when a girl who represents certain beliefs that I happen to uphold and find dear, bascially mocked and torn down as if to send the message 'that's just not how it really is.'
I agree!

I think part of the problem is when they write religious characters, it's all or nothing. And then they focus on the same issues with the drama i.e. the virginal church girl who gets cheated on because she won't sleep with the guy or she gives it up because she is pressured into it or the worst is they find the one thing she did wrong and exploit it and go "OMG. She's not supposed to be like that! She goes to church!" Like, really?

I'll be the first to admit I'm not a religious person, but there are people who are religious or have great faith and aren't perfect; I just find TV writers can't find that balance.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I agree!

I think part of the problem is when they write religious characters, it's all or nothing. And then they focus on the same issues with the drama i.e. the virginal church girl who gets cheated on because she won't sleep with the guy or she gives it up because she is pressured into it or the worst is they find the one thing she did wrong and exploit it and go "OMG. She's not supposed to be like that! She goes to church!" Like, really?

I'll be the first to admit I'm not a religious person, but there are people who are religious or have great faith and aren't perfect; I just find TV writers can't find that balance.
Whether the two stick together or part ways this season, I do wonder how all of this will affect Toby's faith. His faith is what I am most interested in exploring--will it be strong? Or will his relationship with this girl shake it?

Or will something else entirely shake Toby's faith this season? And if so, will Nikki be there to help him pick up the pieces?

When it comes to a character for whom I sincerely care, like Toby, any time faith shaking occurs, it always compelling drama for me.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:21 AM
Elite Fan

Toby has faith in him and Nikki, but has a lot of questions about the Big Man. Therefore, if something happens to him and Nikki as a couple and they don't end up making it to say their "I do's" I can 100% see Toby having faith in nothing and even more questions for the Big Man.

Questions, accusations. I think Toby will have a hard time believing in something good again.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:24 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Toby has faith in him and Nikki, but has a lot of questions about the Big Man. Therefore, if something happens to him and Nikki as a couple and they don't end up making it to say their "I do's" I can 100% see Toby having faith in nothing and even more questions for the Big Man.

Questions, accusations. I think Toby will have a hard time believing in something good again.
I think that's it! Toby is lost right now, and Nikki could just be the one to help him get on track.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Toby and Nikki make a good couple IMHO but they seem like an afterthought. their relationship seems to regress or progress at the oddest times. one week he's in a hot tub with Elise and next thing he's getting married to Nikki. I would like to see Toby fleshed out much more. he's way too cool not to get more airtime than he does.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by proggosaurus (View Post)
Toby and Nikki make a good couple IMHO but they seem like an afterthought. their relationship seems to regress or progress at the oddest times. one week he's in a hot tub with Elise and next thing he's getting married to Nikki. I would like to see Toby fleshed out much more. he's way too cool not to get more airtime than he does.
Agreed. Toby has tremendous potential as a character and they are not taking advantage of that. Insanity. He is so important to every character on the show. I love his connection to Regina. Also, he played cupid to Emmett & Bay at the beginning of their relationship, and I have no doubt that his choice to forgive Emmett had as much to do with Bay as it did with himself.

He is a great character.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by proggosaurus (View Post)
Yes, I think you summed it up perfectly. It's hard to care when they seem, as you said, like an afterthought.

And I'd also enjoy seeing Toby fleshed out more.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yes, I think you summed it up perfectly. It's hard to care when they seem, as you said, like an afterthought.

And I'd also enjoy seeing Toby fleshed out more.
Me, too! That is an excellent summation.

Toby & Nikki's love actually reminds me a lot of John & Kathryn's love. Toby and John are very different, but Kathryn and Nikki have a lot in common.