Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2014, 11:41 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusXXN (View Post)
Emma with a guy who's really a flying monkey? Honestly, it's insulting for everyone.
How so?

Quote:
Wicked was awesome, and also needs a real name.
She's got one, and it has two interesting meanings.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 03-10-2014, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

Well, for one Emma hasn't ever had a true canon pairing. Graham was DOA, and Neal was 300+ knocking up teen girls back in the day. It's more of a crime than a pairing.

So Emma's real first canon pairing is with a flying monkey? Yes, that's insulting.

I don't look up spoilers, so I don't know what her name is yet. Elphba?

): )
Old 03-10-2014, 11:49 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Well, for one Emma hasn't ever had a true canon pairing. Graham was DOA, and Neal was 300+ knocking up teen girls back in the day. It's more of a crime than a pairing.

So Emma's real first canon pairing is with a flying monkey? Yes, that's insulting.
I disagree, but that's a conversation for another time and place.

Quote:
I don't look up spoilers, so I don't know what her name is yet.
I'll PM her name to you if you want.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
Hmm. I didn't notice that.

Why not? It's relevant to the conversation because of the way it was brought up (although there's no real correlation between the issue of SQ never having even been intended to be Canon and Adam and Eddy introducing the Walsh/Emma pairing and then revealing that Walsh was a Flying Monkey in disguise).
I sensed something was off with him as soon as I saw that neck scar

Quote:
I disagree, but that's a conversation for another time and place.
this is why!! usually its not worth it our time this kind of discussion you just dont believe it so...I respect that.
but indeed its is insulting and sad! at least for me.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

I don't look up spoilers, so I don't know what her name is yet. Elphba?

..Hook and Emma is a canon pairing. They've kissed, there is an attraction, the writers have even confirmed feelings on both their parts especially hooks.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:38 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radames (View Post)
..Hook and Emma is a canon pairing. They've kissed, there is an attraction, the writers have even confirmed feelings on both their parts especially hooks.
That's not a pairing; it's 'mutual interest', and seems to have been definitively tabled for the time being.

Also, I vehemently disagree with the idea of dismissing Graham/Emma and Neal/Emma as not being Canonical pairings, but don't want to get into that argument here.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Master Fan

And there's zero real chemistry. Emma looks so bored every time Hooks does something, and Hook looks like he's trying to hard. I like Hook, I do. Guyliner has grown on me.

But his two scenes with Tinkerbell have loads more than all interactions with Emma.

Yes please, PM me the name.

And we'll have to agree to disagree when it comes to Neal. Some ship him, and I'm anti-him for the most part. Also, it looks like he's going to be paired with Belle. Now doesn't that just seem like the writers are screwing with us?

And there is nothing that will ever take the disdain out of the fact that Emma's longest relationship on OUAT was with a winged monkey. How is this not insulting to the f/f shippers? That sex with an ape is ok as long as it's a boy ape?

Old 03-10-2014, 01:51 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
it looks like he's going to be paired with Belle. Now doesn't that just seem like the writers are screwing with us?
Partnering them together is much different than PAIRING them together, particularly since Belle's relationship with his (Neal's) father is still very much intact.

Quote:
And there is nothing that will ever take the disdain out of the fact that Emma's longest relationship on OUAT was with a winged monkey. How is this not insulting to the f/f shippers? That sex with an ape is ok as long as it's a boy ape?
We don't actually know if Walsh and Emma ever slept together.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

Ah, true. We'll see if the pairing happens in the up coming episodes.

And yes we do, because this isn't Mayberry. Two adults don't date for that long, or bring up marriage, unless their either insanely religious, using one as a beard, or are children in adult bodies.

So yes, zoophilla was allowed on OUAT before a LGTB relationship.

Old 03-10-2014, 02:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's not a pairing; it's 'mutual interest', and seems to have been definitively tabled for the time being.

Also, I vehemently disagree with the idea of dismissing Graham/Emma and Neal/Emma as not being Canonical pairings, but don't want to get into that argument here.
It is very much a pairing even if you don't want to admit it which after this episode can't believe that's the case but since it's you doesn't come as quite a shock that you still can't admit that hook and Emma is very much a romantic possibility. Even when jmo is admitting everything now.

[W]e’ve gone on this journey with Hook now, where he’s really changed, and he’s really stepped up, and he continuously does things where he’s there for Emma. And that’s the biggest thing that’s gone wrong for her in the past — she’s been abandoned, and she’s been left on her own, and people have let her down over and over again. So for someone to consistently be there for her is really compelling and attractive.

Last edited by Radames; 03-10-2014 at 02:20 PM
Old 03-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

It's not like it was a secret. The writers were throwing both Hook & Neal at Emma's character in S3A, and fore told the 'Regina/Robin' thing with the tattoo. It's not progressing any any normal way. The characters are being assigned love interests.

They couldn't have been less subtle if during the episode Snow had said, "Here's Robin, Regina. You can now stop being shipped with so many female characters."

Old 03-10-2014, 02:53 PM
Elite Fan

This is the discussion for the episode, not a general discussion of ships. You're welcome to discuss various characters' interactions in this episode and how you feel about those, but a more general discussion about specific ships will soon get off-topic.

Also, bashing of ships and of characters are not allowed. You're welcome to state that you don't like something, but don't start using derogatory words about characters/ships or its fans, and don't make post about post simply to put that ship down. That will also be considered bashing.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radames (View Post)
It is very much a pairing even if you don't want to admit it which after this episode can't believe that's the case but since it's you doesn't come as quite a shock that you still can't admit that hook and Emma is very much a romantic possibility. Even when jmo is admitting everything now.
I've admitted there's a mutual attraction, but mutual attraction doesn't equal a pairing unless it evolves into an actual sustained romance, which it hasn't yet.

Quote:
It's not like it was a secret. The writers were throwing both Hook & Neal at Emma's character in S3A, and fore told the 'Regina/Robin' thing with the tattoo. It's not progressing any any normal way. The characters are being assigned love interests.
Of course that's what they're doing; it's called storytelling, and is exactly what most Fairytales do. Just because you don't happen to like the pairings the creators have chosen doesn't mean they're wrong to create those pairings.

This is the last I'm saying on this particular subject because the mods have issued their warning reminder.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Master Fan

I have to admit I kind of had a hunch that Walsh was someone from SB land, at first I was thinking Pan (I didn't watch the Mid Season Finale so I had no idea what happened to Pan) but then I thought one of the Wicked Witches Minions, it looks like I was right concerning all of that.
haha also the whole time I was watching Walsh all I could think about was Him being Betty Suarez' Nerdy Boyfriend on Ugly Betty.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:12 PM
New Fan

After waiting for so long and imagining more than just a few possible scenarios, I was afraid that the episode wouldn't live up to whatever expectations I subconsciously had after giving it so much thought. However, I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed this episode.

Some thoughts I had:

Aurora and Philip
… I don't trust. I don't really understand why they would keep significant information from the former Storybrooke citizens. If it were solely due to fear of the WWW's reaction (and impending punishment), would't it have made more sense for them to not travel with them at all?

Flying Monkeys
…this is the stuff that nightmares are made of. They did really well with the animations and effects, especially when comparing it to the "Regina flying with Tinkerbelle" scene in 3x03. Those Monkeys are seriously creepy.

Emma
(… wore some seriously atrocious pants. Sorry, it's superficial, but it bugged me.)
I like the way her relationship with Henry turned out to be, however, I think her part of the plot seemed kind of rushed. I would've found it more interesting had they really established some kind of social circle for them both before bringing it all crashing down again in the first episode. The reveal (Walsh) seemed to be too soon. As did the return of Emma's memories. I would've liked to see more of a struggle in that regard. It would've helped us identify better with Emma's situation. "My life is good" doesn't really make me feel for her as much as an actual glimpse at that life would've.
Other than for this personal preference, I enjoyed seeing Emma a little happier than usual and yet see that she was still herself.

Regina/Snow
I really loved their interaction. It seems that after what feels like a hundred episodes, they are finally moving forward. Their scene was very emotional and I love how they both come to some sort of mutual understanding, even if it is just regarding Emma/Henry. Although Snow's comment about Robin "He's cute, isn't he?" seemed to be a little too friendly. I don't think they're at that kind of friendship yet (if they'll ever be)…
Regina ripping out her own heart because she couldn't stand the prospect of living with the grief of never seeing Henry again, and him not remembering her, was deeply touching. The acting was wonderfully done as well.

Regina/Robin
I decided to keep an open mind when it comes to them. It is really to early to tell how much potential they have or don't have. The problem I see is that while Regina is one of the (if not the) deepest characters, Robin is lacking that depth, primarily from not having enough screen time as of now. Putting a very advanced character together with a brand new one, and introducing him primarily as "the love interest" might not help characterize Robin in the future. I hope they give him some action apart from his relationship with Regina in order to give him some characteristics apart from "Regina's soulmate"
I did, however, like their interaction thus far. It was as I expected it to be, but I absolutely love sassy Regina ("Show some manners… or at least some restraint as the buffet!") and her standoffish attitude and Robin seems to match her wits.

Neal
Why is he relevant again..?
I've never really been interested in his part of the show. I don't know what it is, but I just don't like him. Especially not as a potential partner for Emma.

Hook
Was there, looked great, had some good lines and moved the plot- no complaints.

The Snow/Charming pregnancy
I had hoped that they would not do this. This was the part where I literally sat in front of my laptop whispering "No...". I do like it as a plot device for some drama and conflict between Emma and her parents. I love these kind of conflicts. But the problem I see is that a baby, once it is born and on the show, will only restrict the show, especially when it comes to the action parts. A baby on TV-shows is, essentially, little more than a prop because the child itself will to little to further the plot. Quite the opposite, in fact. It'll most likely slow it down and be an obstacle when it comes to possibilities on the show.
So no, I do not wish for a baby for OUAT.