Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2014, 06:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

-Loved all of Hook and Emma's scenes. (By the way, does it seem like Colin is getting hotter and hotter with each episode)
-Some parts were a little slow but I get why they did it that way. They are trying to thoroughly explain what happened in that year.
-Regina scenes were my favorite and I found them to be the most interesting/entertaining. I feel bad for her and I liked seeing how she was coping with losing Henry.
-Adored the scenes with Snow and Regina, they are very refreshing especially after all they've been through.
-Even though there wasn't a lot of Robin Hood, I enjoyed his scenes so far.
-The flying monkeys looked awesome and I wish they did more with them but I guess they just wanted to tease it.
-The Wicked Witch has already shown she is no match for Regina in the fact that she needed Regina's blood. I'm still super excited to see what this character will do.
-Last the episode made me miss Rumple.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

I loved this episode. Snow and Regina was just great and I love how they kept saying to each other our castle. Emma and Hook was also great. Everything was great and I am glad they answer why Emma chose NY over Boston. The flying monkeys is creepy but great. The clan Charming reunion in the end was so great.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

-Loved the first half of the ep concerning Captain Swan, then Hook sort of started acting like a dick (my opinion). He just seemed different for some reason. Can't quite explain it right now.
-Loved the Snow and Queen scenes. They were great and I think I"m going to love their dynamic.
-Henry did not bug me in this ep.
-Flying monkeys did look good
-Didn't see much Hook vs Modern Technology
-Didn't see much Captain Swan either- only Hook liking Emma. There was the briefest of looks when Hook mentioned she might have someone else in another life, but that was the only reciprocation I saw come from her.
-Overall, the spoilers ruined it for me. Not because I read them, but because I feel they were overblown.

As an overall ep, loved it. But was disappointed by Captain Swan- and probably only so because previous viewers had made it sound like so much more would be there.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Parts I loved

* Snow and Regina FINALLY at peace. Sure, they'll probbaly tangle still, but hey, it's all about family

* Emma and Henry in NYC. Henry seems so much older now, did anyone else notice his voice seemed to deepen. He's got to become a 'knight' after all- I want to see him sword practice with David- give Henry more adult roles now

* OUTLAW QUEEN!

* Snow and Regina in the forest- their talk- FEELS!

* The ending of this ep! YES!

* Snow telling Regina "our" castle and she's coming with them- the fact that people aren't generally running in stark terror of Regina is good too

*Storybrooke is baaaaaaaaaack! and every has all their memories- poor Henry, gonna be a while for ya kid

* They DID NOT drag out Emma remembering for ages!

and yeah....yeah...... I was in a trance watching this after THREE MONTHS of no OUAT
Old 03-09-2014, 06:17 PM
Passionate Fan

I loved it better than I thought I would! I kind of thought Gorham was working for the witch and I loved Regina and Snow's convo in the woods and the introduction to Robin and his reunion with Belle and Neal! I also liked Regina's, "No one better sit on my throne!" It kind of reminds me of the three bears. Mader was awesome as the witch! She is portraying her differently than the witch from the movie and I love it! I also am hopeful that Belle and Bae are going to find Rumple! I hope Neal gets to bond with his son. I actually enjoyed Hook's scenes tonight. When they are not pushing him and Emma, I can tolerate him better!
Old 03-09-2014, 06:34 PM
Elite Fan

Good episode

Yay Emma is back!

Loved Hook, Hook/Emma and i even like how Charming is with him. What made me laugh was the exchange between Hook and Henry lol - these two have paralled with each other in turning up at Emma's door, finding her and taking her back to her family and also believing in her superpower - cant wait for all of this interactions in the episodes, also beanstalk paralllels with Emma/Hook

Snow and Regina scenes, i so wanted to see - how i am glad

Robin and Regina is intriguing

Red leather jacket and Hook's hook is back

Last edited by HazelEyes008; 03-09-2014 at 06:41 PM
Old 03-09-2014, 06:40 PM
Extreme Fan

When Emma donned her red jacket again I had the cheesiest stupdiest smirk on my face!

and I LOVE how Henry seems to have matured and looks/sounds older too!
Old 03-09-2014, 06:41 PM
Elite Fan

I liked the episode, but didn't love it. It suffered a bit from obviously setting up future events and explaining various stuff, but there were some lovely scenes it it.

- Liked Regina and the Charmings now working together and even agreeing on sharing the castle. Regina actually said "our castle". It's a nice change of dynamic.
- Regina and Snow's scenes were well-acted and I enjoyed them a lot.
- Regina and Robin Hood's first scene together definitely had some spark to me, but I'll have to see more of them before I make up my mind.
- Belle and Robin Hood's reunion was sweet. Nice to see her saving him being acknowledged since it seemed like Rumple got all the credit earlier in the season.
- Really curious who sent Hook that message. I hope he hasn't been a pirate for a whole year though, that would be a bit of a backtrack for his character. But undoubtedly we'll learn more about what he was up to in future episodes.
- Emma was dating a flying monkey. Oh dearie me.
- I enjoyed Henry sassing Hook and the Emma - Henry stuff was heartbreakingly adorable. Poor Emma having to give up that happy bubble they've been living in.
- I like that even if they've been cursed again, it's a new curse in the sense that they have their memories of their true identities, but not the year in FTL. Wondering if this curse is different in other ways too now.
- The Charming family reunion at the end was my favorite thing in the whole episode. Charming's face seeing Emma again was great, and I enjoyed the way they revealed the pregnancy. I just hope the reunion continues into the next episode, otherwise I would consider it way too short.
- Will have to see more of the Wicked Witch before I make up my mind on her, but her flying monkeys looked real good and scary. Very improved CGI for them, hurrah.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

Ruby!
Old 03-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Master Fan

Tonight's episode was great! We got a really good look at what's ahead and I liked how Regina and Robin met! This was supposed to happen 28 years earlier, but Regina did not go into the bar that night. Oh well! Robin waited for her I was shocked to see that Walsh was a flying monkey in disguise. I had a feeling that something was up with him; but that was a real shocker. So, the monkeys can disguise themselves in human form; this can be a problem in the future. Can't wait till next week
Old 03-09-2014, 07:29 PM
Extreme Fan

They said they lost their memories of the year in EF, but Hook knew Snow and Regina made up and played nice during that time and remembers what he did during that time...did he get out of EF before the curse?!?
Old 03-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Loyal Fan

This episode went beyond all my happiest expectations! I had so much imagined for this show, as I go spoiler-free 100%, and this show was 100x better than my own imagination!

- A conspiracy to hide that the SB characters are now back in their own world... would Aurora really sell them out??! I hope not!!!
- Emma being Emma. Even in her "new life," she's still Emma through and through.
- Hook knowing Emma well enough to pique her interest... knowing her 'superpower', knowing to send her to Neal's apartment, knowing she felt something was amiss.
- Snow and Regina struggling over old feelings to bond and share heart-to-heart moments... absolutely heart-wrenching. I was glad to see the Queen was not so easily turned back into her vengeful self. She's trying to honor Henry.
- Robin Hood and Regina! I didn't imagine at all how their first meeting would play out. I loved how she sneered at him but seemed intrigued at the same time. He smells "like forest".
- I was so happy that yucky Walsh turned out to be a flying monkey. I was afraid Emma was headed for a love rectangle... loved how she told Henry she DEFINITELY made the right decision.
- Belle and Bae's hope that Rumple could still be alive... I hope they set up home camp at Rumple's old home.
- Missed Rumple.
- Emma and Hook drank rum together at the table, just like good ol' times!!!
- Hook staring at Emma and wanting to see her every move. :swoon:
- Did I mention, glad that Walsh was a flying monkey?
- Emma being unsure as to if or how to reveal any of this to Henry.
- The ending... Charming opening the door, Emma expecting the worst... then the hug, as he felt as though he had only just said goodbye to her!!! Daddy Charming!
- Snow reveals how long they've been in Storybrooke... panning down to that real-life baby bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just can't even believe the awesomeness of this episode. I'm floored.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:47 PM
Absolute Fan

Once is back... and continuing to demonstrate why it's the best thing on TV right now.

After the epic way they closed out the first half of the season, it would've been really hard for Adam and Eddy and Co. to top themselves, and so they thankfully didn't even try. Instead, they just picked up right where they'd left off and delivered a stellar story that reminded me of the BSG Season 3 premiere, Occupation, although not as far-ranging or bleak in scope.

I've never been a fan of the 'manufactured triangle' aspect of Emma and Hook's relationship dynamic, but have to admire his tenacity and perseverance in trying to jog/restore Emma's true memories. I also liked the explanation as to why he was the one who came to find her, although in hindsight it really is an explanation we as a fandom should've seen coming.

Adam and Eddy and Co. knocked one out of the park in the first half of the season with their villainous take on Peter Pan, and it appears as if they've outdone themselves with their Wicked Witch of the West. Although we barely saw anything of her, she's already made an immediate impression as somebody not to be messed with, particularly because of the 'twist reveal' that she'd had Emma under surveillance for nearly a year thanks to Walsh (whom I'm pretty sure we haven't seen the last of).

I love that Henry still has his false memories because it's going to create a nice reverse of Season 1 and make for a fun narrative.

The Emma/Charming/Snow reunion was sweet, and I love that Charming and Snow still have all of their memories intact other than what happened during the 'missing year'.

Speaking of, I can't wait to see more of what happened to the characters in the 12 months we as an audience didn't see.

In closing, I have to praise Adam and Eddy yet again for giving us another stellar example of this show's brilliance, and I can't wait to see what's going to happen next
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 03-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Very enjoyable episode - 5 Stars!!!!!
Old 03-09-2014, 08:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Walsh: I took one look at him and thought "Flying Monkey." Really, I did. He just looked like one.

Walsh arrived eight months ago. That means the witch was able to access our world before the new curse.

Henry doesn't know Walsh is Bad News. While Henry's never met Walsh, he may have his cell number (I think he used Emma's phone, but it doesn't mean he didn't get the number) and may have other contact data. This means Henry might be tricked into giving up info/doing something he shouldn't if Walsh contacts him.

Aurora and Philip selling them out. From what we've seen, it takes a lot of soldiers and/or a lot of magic to drive back Ogres. I assume the witch is why they're alive--and has made it clear that would change if they didn't warn her about more newcomers or if they warned newcomers about her.

Rumple's Castle: Why are the Merry Men living in the woods? Bae told them they could stay in the castle. The castle would also be a better place to move refugees, since Regina's castle is unavailable. I sincerely hope there's a plot point behind this.

Does anyone believe in geography? OK, minor gripe, but how small is FTL? Why is everything within a day's travel on foot or horseback? I'll just assume they have magic roadways or magic horse feed, and try not to think about it. But, this is smaller than Rhode Island.

Hook's escape: I'm still unclear how Hook escaped the curse and got to New York.

Hook in lock-up: My impression is that at least some FTL jails and prisons would be on par with bad medieval ones, the sort where the cockroaches protest the living conditions and the food is the stuff leftover in the pig trough because the pig's wouldn't eat it. Bologna is not that bad by comparison. He's just whining for sympathy.