Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2014, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was just sitting here thinking "I'm sure I was meant to to something this morning before college?" And then it come to me all at once when I looked up at my OUAT calender that the episode aired last night!!! OMG I'm currently downloading it, I'll have to discuss it in an hour or so.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
I was just sitting here thinking "I'm sure I was meant to to something this morning before college?" And then it come to me all at once when I looked up at my OUAT calender that the episode aired last night!!! OMG I'm currently downloading it, I'll have to discuss it in an hour or so.
Yeah, that's happened to me before. Went to bed then realized a new ep had aired. Got up and watched immediately... at like 430 in the morning... and the went to work.

Old 03-10-2014, 10:07 AM
Absolute Fan

In light of a recent comment on another board that I frequent, I wanted to know if there's anybody who hasn't realized that the WWotW sent Walsh to our world while Snow and Co. were still in the EF.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 03-10-2014, 10:21 AM
Master Fan

I noticed that. But this being OUAT, I don't credit with always making any sense.

Also noticed? That as many people who hardcore ship Swan Queen, and the writers who refuse to make it canon? Just made Emma/Flying Monkey canon. I can't put into words how much they suck.

): )
Old 03-10-2014, 10:35 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusXXN (View Post)
I noticed that. But this being OUAT, I don't credit with always making any sense.
How doesn't it make any sense? The WWotW found out - or already knew - about Emma and her destiny and general whereabouts, and sent a hench-monkey to find and distract her while she herself dealt with Emma's friends and family and enacted her revenge on Regina.

As far as this whole SQ thing goes, any 'hints' at it that people derived from previous seasons are and were entirely FANON, and it's silly to get all butthurt when Adam and Eddy directly addressed the issue and clarified their Canon position on it, which is that they never had any intention of pairing up Regina and Emma Canonically (not because of some 'phobia' of same-sex relationships, but because they had a very different set of story ideas in mind for the two characters).

Last edited by DigificWriter; 03-10-2014 at 10:44 AM
Old 03-10-2014, 10:52 AM
Loyal Fan

I still can believe the episode is here finally!!!!
I really enjoyed the Robin, Neal&Belle scenes so cuteeee...we need more friendships like that.

Snow&Regina was cute... I just saw Blair(Regina) and Serena(Snow) talking about Dan (robin)...was really funny!

It was a good eppy!!! I just think this can be a very dangerous path for the writers... so now how many simultaneous flashbacks we have? s1/2 EF flashbacks, Hooks "past-time", Whale past, this one-year-thing-in-EF flashbacks, Emma&Henry's one year in Ny, probaly Oz flashbacks too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
ahahhahahah I spent my whole day at work thinking about the epi looool I was smiling like a fool #SoSad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusXXN (View Post)
Also noticed? That as many people who hardcore ship Swan Queen, and the writers who refuse to make it canon? Just made Emma/Flying Monkey canon. I can't put into words how much they suck.

its just so sad
Old 03-10-2014, 10:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

"hench-monkey" That just struck me funny.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:57 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabo (View Post)
its just so sad
Really? How does pairing Emma with a character who was a Flying Monkey in disguise have anything whatsoever to do with an entirely FANON relationship/pairing that was never even once intentionally hinted at Canonically?

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrierluv (View Post)
"hench-monkey" That just struck me funny.
Well, it IS the correct term, both for Walsh and the monkey who almost abducted Regina.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy911 (View Post)
Yeah, that's happened to me before. Went to bed then realized a new ep had aired. Got up and watched immediately... at like 430 in the morning... and the went to work.
Quote:
ahahhahahah I spent my whole day at work thinking about the epi looool I was smiling like a fool #SoSad
OMG I loved it!!! The final quote "Regina may be evil... but I'm wicked." That is a perfect finish! I loved the whole storyline, but you could totally see Ginnifer's belly under that cloak at the beginning
Old 03-10-2014, 11:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
Really? How does pairing Emma with a character who was a Flying Monkey in disguise have anything whatsoever to do with an entirely FANON relationship/pairing that was never even once intentionally hinted at Canonically?

Well, it IS the correct term, both for Walsh and the monkey who almost abducted Regina.
they are the same monkey...I guess.... you can see walsh neck injuries(?) at the dinner scene. caused by Robin's arrow

and about SQ...I will not discuss them here.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Fantastic Episode, it created the base of the second half of the season in a good way.

It was one of those episodes were i wished it would have 15 minutes more or it would have been a 2 parter, there was a lot more possible and a couple of more minutes would have done an even better job......but it is still a fantastic episode.

Aurora & Phillip:

I cant help but feel that they will play a big part in one of the future storys, something about them feels off and suspicious.

Walsh:

I actually liked him at first, he seemed very nice and likeable, he seemed to care more about emma then neal for example.
But we already expected him to be a flying monkey.....so yeah, that was walsh.
Im curious if he is dead now or not, i would have liked to see more of him(being the wizard of OZ would have been cool)

Snow & Regina:

I enjoy their chemistry very much, so the scenes in the episode were fantastic.
We need more of regina and snow together, its great how snow always tries to bring the good in regina out, it finally seems to work.
Its hard for me to believe that there is a person out there who doesnt like snowhite, how can anybody not like such a good hearted character
It would be sad if we wont see much of snow in the season.

Regina:

I love the growth and change of her, she is such a great and deep character, i hope they dont turn her all bad again some time, i like evil regina and good regina but i love it when shes Regina(good and bad together)
I cant find the words to praise Lana for her acting, the character wouldnt work with anybody else.

Outlaw Queen:

It delivered what was promised, im already a fan, sassy regina + sassy robin= A whole lot of fun

Belle:

I know she isnt the main character, but my god....give the woman more screentime.
She is so cute and likeable and she tries so hard, giveher more time to shine.

Neal:

Its exhausting, i try it every time new....but i cant get warm with him.
The character with one of the most potential and i feel nothing for him.

Maybe its the very subtile way of MRJ acting but the character is just there, nothing he says or does gives me any reaction.
The Scene with Snow,Charming and him felt awkward and out of place.
I still hope that they give him time to shine as father and son in the future episodes, as love interest he is beyond help.....but he could still be a good son and father.

Emma & Henry:

This is the part were i would have liked a longer episode or a 2 parter.
If they would have shown henry with friends and emma with friends, some more happy scenes of them together would have made emmas decision to drink the potion stronger.
It will be interesting to see how it evolves now that emma knows all but henry not.

The Jacket scene:

Yup that was pretty neat

The Flying monkeys:

They are cool, the moving animations were a little bit rough but the close up at the end looked awesome.
The CGI is fantastic.

The Wicked Witch:

Wow, im excited for her, she already looks the part.
I get a strong villian vibe from her, she could be more dangerous then pan and there is a lot potential for her.

Charming/Hook bromance:

He knew exactly what hook needed and let him go, those two idiots kill me one day.
I need more of their bromance....more.
I really hope that hook didnt spent the whole year alone without the charmings.
Its just a matter of time till snow joins the hook fanclub, im sure of it.

EDIT:

Captain Cobra:

Oh the henry/Hook bonding will be glorious, they already started and i like it.

CAPTAIN SWAN:

I could go on and on about what i loved, but this would be soo long, so i make it a little bit shorter.

Ah, It was fantastic.
God i love that hook seems to be the only one who always believes in her and never gives up on her.
It seems like that he falls more for her with each step he takes.
I loved the scene were he said that he came back to save HER.
She is supposed to be the savior that is there to save everybody, but Hook is the one who tries to save her.

There is no way that emma and hook is not the real thing, this episode alone built up so much for the future.
For example the scene with henry and emma about walsh were henry said:
He wants us to be his home"

You cant tell me that its coinsidence that hook told charming before that the jolly roger is his "home".

Im telling you now that he will give his ship up for emma and henry.

Oh and the look they shared when he called henry "little spitfire"

Yeah there was a lot going on in the episode, i cant wait for next week...and the next....and the next.

Last edited by BlueWolf; 03-10-2014 at 11:14 AM
Old 03-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)

You're right it is; it just struck me funny.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
they are the same monkey...I guess.... you can see walsh neck injuries(?) at the dinner scene. caused by Robin's arrow
Hmm. I didn't notice that.

Quote:
and about SQ...I will not discuss them here.
Why not? It's relevant to the conversation because of the way it was brought up (although there's no real correlation between the issue of SQ never having even been intended to be Canon and Adam and Eddy introducing the Walsh/Emma pairing and then revealing that Walsh was a Flying Monkey in disguise).
Old 03-10-2014, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

What an episode.

Outlaw Queen delivered big time. Sass and chemistry go hand in hand, really excited for this especially when they meet Roland.

Loved Charming and Hook's moment. That bromance is awesome. Charming knew Hook was fibbing hence why he smiled and he doesn't view him as a pirate and even Hook knows he's more than just a pirate now.

Hook and Henry were big time paralleled in this episode. From almost the exact dialogue when they told Emma to use her superpower and Emma's response to Emma even saying that Hook says the same thing Henry would say. Really hope they get a very good relationship going between those two.

Hook and Emma still continues to be an awesome relationship. From the fact that he came back to save her, to basically saying there was nothing for him in the enchanted forest which proves that he was fibbing in the scene with Charming. I suspect he used the JR in somw way to get back to Emma. The parallels to Tallahassee, everything was great about them.

I also loved the nice moment where Emma put on her jacket and then Hook put on his Hook in the next scene. It's kind of their iconic objects.

Knew Walsh would be a flying monkey, I laughed at the expression Emma made.

Really great premiere and am very excited to see Zelena's plan form.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:37 AM
Master Fan

Ah, just because Swan Queen wasn't meant to happen it still has one of if not the biggest following. But as stated before, it wasn't meant to be a ship. But Emma with a guy who's really a flying monkey? Honestly, it's insulting for everyone.

Didn't care for the Hook/Henry interactions. The kid already has two moms, and Neal, doesn't need a 4th person playing at parenting.

Wicked was awesome, and also needs a real name.