Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2014, 06:43 AM
Elite Fan

I am going to have headcanon that it was either #1 or #3.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
Was thinking about the true love ring and how Rumple was able to enchant it for Charming to find Snow. We have since had three separate instances where it was mentioned that you needed an object that belonged to that person before a locator spell could be used: Jefferson's hat; Eric's cloak; and the inability to use one to find Belle in the Crocodile because Gold did not have sonething that belonged to her. Interestingly Gold found a sweater of his that Belke had worn but still beeded Ruby to track her. So does that mean the true love ring's powers had already identified it with belonging to Snow before Charming gave it to her because it recognized their love?
My guess is the ring belonged to Snow the moment she tried it on. It's all over Charming's face when he looks at her. He was obviously in love with her already and seeing the ring on her finger sealed the deal. You can even say it belonged to her long before that as the woman Charming was destined to fall in love with, but physically, I believe it belonged to her at that moment in Snow Falls. Or that's just my theory, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
More Snow hasn't even given birth to the second one and we're already discussing the third
Never never enough Snowing babies!

Quote:
Though honestly I think any third baby would just be shown as a flashforward to Snow and Charming's happy ending or at the end of the show. I would be cool with that, though.
Yeah, I already resigned to the fact that another pregnancy/child is highly unlikely, but I can dream and live in my delusions.

Quote:
You know, I hadn't really thought about that. I guess there are a few options:
1) True love follows that ring, so the ring wasn't really Charming's, it was Charming's true love's - meaning Snow's. So that's why it worked.
2) Rumple didn't use a tracking spell on it, he already knew where Snow was and just enchanted the ring to go to that spot.
3) The ring is tied to true love, so Rumple didn't use a tracking spell on it, he enhanced the magic already in it so that it would lead Charming to his true love.
4) Some other explanation

The rules of magic in OUAT is only vaguely outlined at times, so it can get confusing.
Really like explanations 1 & 3! I can deal if either of those are the reason!
Old 05-01-2014, 10:53 AM
Elite Fan

I just realized in a week and a half, we're going to be on hiatus. Oh the pain.

But on the other hand I want the finale so I'll know baby Charming is fine and in the loving arms of its parents, and Emma deciding home is where her family is (and has another one of those lovely hugs with her parents).

Dilemma.

x
Old 05-01-2014, 10:59 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
I'm dreading the hiatus so much! It's gonna be my first.

Quote:
But on the other hand I want the finale so I'll know baby Charming is fine and in the loving arms of its parents, and Emma deciding home is where her family is (and has another one of those lovely hugs with her parents).

Dilemma.
That's the thing! I want the new episodes, so I can see baby Charming and see what temporary happy ending will get to end this arc, but no no no to the hiatus!

Quote:
x
They're so beautiful!
Old 05-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Elite Fan

Lovely gifset. Thanks miss cam. Boo hiatus.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:14 AM
Addicted Fan

I was watching the episode again, and the casting curse/splitting heart scene for the 100th time, and I noticed a little detail I missed before.

Just before Snow asks Regina to split her heart, she looks at Charming's empty chest then she looks at her own, and you can see the idea light up in her. Not sure if that was a directing or acting choice, but Ginny played it off beautifully!
Old 05-01-2014, 03:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Thanks. Though I admit it is not nearly as good as your comment in the other thread that Charming tell Henry that babies come from tacos.
Quote:
Haha!!!! Didn't you hear? That's canon now!
It is. We took a vote. Decided if that writers wouldn't give it to us we'd just overrule them and declare it canon!

Quote:
My guess is the ring belonged to Snow the moment she tried it on. It's all over Charming's face when he looks at her. He was obviously in love with her already and seeing the ring on her finger sealed the deal. You can even say it belonged to her long before that as the woman Charming was destined to fall in love with, but physically, I believe it belonged to her at that moment in Snow Falls. Or that's just my theory, anyway
This is what I think as well. I think that ring belonged to Snow from the minute she tried it on. The only other person who could have any claim on it was Charming and I think as far as he was concerned it was Snow's.

Quote:
Its a double edged sword. I want the new episodes to get here, but that just brings it closer to that long hiatus. So I dread them coming too. It sucks!
Old 05-01-2014, 03:24 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alramse (View Post)
It is. We took a vote. Decided if that writers wouldn't give it to us we'd just overrule them and declare it canon!

Quote:
This is what I think as well. I think that ring belonged to Snow from the minute she tried it on. The only other person who could have any claim on it was Charming and I think as far as he was concerned it was Snow's.
Yup, I agree, If it didn't belong to Snow, it belonged to Charming, and if it didn't belong to Charming, it belonged to Ruth. As far as Ruth was concerned, the ring belonged to the woman Charming loved, and without question, Charming knew that woman was Snow not long after meeting her.

Quote:
Its a double edged sword. I want the new episodes to get here, but that just brings it closer to that long hiatus. So I dread them coming too. It sucks!
It does suck! Why make us beg for the new episodes to come when you're only going to put us through an evil hiatus!!!
Old 05-01-2014, 03:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
It does suck! Why make us beg for the new episodes to come when you're only going to put us through an evil hiatus!!!
They are evil! And they've got all the power cause I'm hooked! I have to have Snowing. So I'll tune in to each new episode. Curse the ever approaching hiatus. And make a schedule of Snowing marathons to get me thru til they come back! And probably spend some time ranting about whatever moron decided to create hiatus for my favorite shows.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
They are evil! And they've got all the power cause I'm hooked! I have to have Snowing. So I'll tune in to each new episode. Curse the ever approaching hiatus. And make a schedule of Snowing marathons to get me thru til they come back! And probably spend some time ranting about whatever moron decided to create hiatus for my favorite shows.

I'm down with this plan! Curse the evil hiatus creators!!!!!
Old 05-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflygirl (View Post)

I'm down with this plan! Curse the evil hiatus creators!!!!!
It very workable! I have dealt with many a hiatus using this tried and true method! Only problem is I don't think I've ever been this into a show this quickly. And this is my first really long hiatus from it. I have a feeling I'm gonna wear out my DVDs!! I think I'm already wearing out my DVR with how much I replayed certain scenes from the last episode! . I'm just slightly obsessed!
Old 05-01-2014, 04:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
It very workable! I have dealt with many a hiatus using this tried and true method! Only problem is I don't think I've ever been this into a show this quickly. And this is my first really long hiatus from it. I have a feeling I'm gonna wear out my DVDs!! I think I'm already wearing out my DVR with how much I replayed certain scenes from the last episode! . I'm just slightly obsessed!
This is my first hiatus too! I spent the month of February binging on 2.5 seasons! I'm not ready to endure the pain!
Old 05-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Elite Fan

I am going to put in a plug for miss cam. Her writing helped me vreat through last summer's hiatus.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I am going to put in a plug for miss cam. Her writing helped me vreat through last summer's hiatus.
Too true! I think I've read all of her stories to date and they are all terrific! I'm already planning a reread to help me over the Summer.

Thanks Miss Cam! You make the hiatus bearable!

Quote:
This is my first hiatus too! I spent the month of February binging on 2.5 seasons! I'm not ready to endure the pain!
I got started in January. Got seasons 1 and 2 on DVD from my brother for Christmas with a promise that I would love the show or he would take them back. Got snowed in. Watched them and fell in love with the show and completely addicted to Snow and Charming!

Last edited by alramse; 05-01-2014 at 05:38 PM
Old 05-01-2014, 05:38 PM
Addicted Fan

I haven't read any of her stories, but just might have to during the hiatus!