Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2013, 05:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiorjiina (View Post)
TFTNT and good god what happened to everyone today?

I left at lunchtime and everyone was happy, I came back this evening to this:

What has happened to Rumbelle this season is no different to what happened to any other character. The emotional connections all got sidelined in favour of magical shenanigans and new characters.

Even if they have relegated Belle to the role of Girlfriend, she's still going to get more use that some of the others. Look at what happened to poor Ruby: She's one of the most powerful characters on the show (She's a freakin' huge killer werewolf), and she basically got sidelined to babysitting Henry for almost the entire season, except for her one episode. And that is all down the the writers and producers.
LOL! Thanks for this! It's good to laugh at ourselves. I'm looking forward to the next 2 episodes no matter what happens. There's no doubt that Rumbelle is the poster child for "the course of true love never did run smooth". If that's what it takes to keep them front and center, then so be it. There's no point in getting too upset about things that have not yet happened or that we can't control. Let's enjoy the ride or journey as A&E love to call it.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:23 AM
Passionate Fan

Credit: Chipped Cups and Canes
Old 05-02-2013, 05:25 AM
Master Fan

Kelaine, I LOVE that song - sung by my love, Michael Crawford, in Hello Dolly - Ah, Cornelius Hackl......

I'm not sure if I can be happy like I was a few days ago, when I was so looking forward to what's going to happen, but I think maybe (As Rumple said), I can be "not unhappy". Eddy's comments still rankle me, but I have to remember that he just is a very poor speaker when it comes to explaining what he means - OR he's just mean for deliberatey torturing Rumbelle fans with comments that don't make any sense. I will decide after the finale where I stand regarding S3. Quitting may not be a big deal since it appears this show may not last beyond next year

Such a beautiful scene, one of my favorites of the entire series - it’s just perfect. Rumple had either been saving this for an appropriate moment or he just created this in an instant, when he realized he didn’t want Belle to just walk away, but either way, it’s so incredibly romantic because it’s a gift meant to please her only. He didn’t make some grand cliched romantic gesture and give her something that perhaps many women would appreciate; he gave her something that SHE alone would value. He felt sorry for making her book disappear, and so to make up for it in part, he gives her an entire library in addition to the book. Rumple gave her something that would make her happy, and not just for a moment, not just for a day or two but for a long time (because hey, it will take her a lifetime to read everything in the library) . This is the gift of a man deep in love.

My god………..Rumple certainly provides Belle with magnificent lipstick; her lips are an ungodly red (probably he gave her this shade on purpose, the better for him to gaze at these gorgeous lips and make him want to kiss her, lol).

Last edited by Betsybelle; 05-02-2013 at 05:30 AM
Old 05-02-2013, 05:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Well, I'm off to my friend's wedding and won't be back until after the episode airs. Hugs to all! Rumbelle On! Crossing my fingers we'll get something lovely on Sunday.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:34 AM
Passionate Fan

@AdamHorowitzLA Some people think you hate the Rumbelle fandom for how you are treating Rumpelstiltskin and Belle. Especially Belle.

Adam's response:
Quote:
@EvilDearie12 I know Belle, trust me she doesn't think I hate her!
Old 05-02-2013, 05:41 AM
Master Fan

Adam's a very nice guy, but while he may not hate Belle, I have a hard time believing he loves her given that she gets little air time and may not get much in S3

I'm starting to believe he and Adam hate Rumbelle romance as well.

Rumple is so utterly entranced and in love; he’s completely in Belle’s thrall…… What’s sad is that, of course he was attracted to her for her intelligence, her bravery, her kindness, etc…. but it took just a simple act of affection to make him realize this (note: he had started falling for her before). It was the simple act of a hug, Belle touching him in a very human way, that starts to bring out his real self…….and that’s beautiful.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUATKatya (View Post)
Well, I'm off to my friend's wedding and won't be back until after the episode airs. Hugs to all! Rumbelle On! Crossing my fingers we'll get something lovely on Sunday.

Have fun!!

I dont think Adam and Eddy hate Rumbelle. Tey jsut weren't ready for the explosion in popularity. OR for Robert to be the sexiest man on the show and be a huge draw and fanbase.
They had blinders on, and now they are stuck with the dilema on how to have Gold redeem himself etc at the pace they want and still have the RUmbelle romance.

They made some mistakes this season and I'm hopng next seasn they get it all together.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:17 AM
Passionate Fan

X = VivaForzaOUAT
Old 05-02-2013, 06:38 AM
Master Fan

They really have given us so many moments parallel with the Disney movie. More than any other story, imo, attention is paid to detail in this story.

In all fairness, they haven't written Snowing romance much this year either. I don't think that's of paramount importance to them for whatever reason. They keep giving any kind of kissing scenes to non couples no on cares about. I don't know why but that's how they do it.

I also agree that they weren't quite prepared for their popularity and they don't know how to write this with Gold because they don't want him redeemed too quickly.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
I dont think Adam and Eddy hate Rumbelle. Tey jsut weren't ready for the explosion in popularity. OR for Robert to be the sexiest man on the show and be a huge draw and fanbase.
They had blinders on, and now they are stuck with the dilema on how to have Gold redeem himself etc at the pace they want and still have the RUmbelle romance.
That's exactly what I think. The intense love for Rumbelle and for Gold does not fit into their timeline for Gold's ultimate redemption so they have to keep bringing him to the brink and then create a setback for him. Let's face it, a huge part of Gold's appeal is the conflict inside of him and his ability to make the fans empathize with him in spite of his failings.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:21 AM
Master Fan

Tumblr Source: Love is hope

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 05-02-2013, 07:53 AM
Absolute Fan

I know I keep coming back to this point, but, based on my own experiences of writing something meant for and structured to be aired on TV, coupled with my understanding of how TV storytelling operates, the more I see people acting like Adam and Eddy are deliberately not using certain characters, the more I feel like I need to step in and say something. My previous comments don't seem to have been quite direct enough, though, so I'm going to try one more time, and I apologize if the following comes across as harsh and hostile (especially since I'm writing a good chunk of it in CAPS):
THE WRITERS OF THIS SHOW ARE NOT DELIBERATELY IGNORING CHARACTERS OR CHARACTER RELATIONSHIPS.

ANYONE UPSET THAT CERTAIN CHARACTERS HAVEN'T BEEN USED VERY MUCH NEED TO REALIZE THAT THE SHOW IS NOT EXCLUSIVELY ABOUT SAID CHARACTERS. CHARACTERS ON THIS SHOW - EVEN ONES BELOVED BY FANS - ARE GOING TO BE UTILIZED ONLY AS IS PERTINENT TO THE STORY BEING TOLD REGARDLESS OF THEIR STATUS.

IF YOU ARE EXPECTING SOMETHING OTHER THAN WHAT THE SHOW HAS OFFERED OR IS OFFERING IN THIS REGARD AND HAVE ISSUES WITH THE SHOW AS A RESULT OF IT NOT MEETING YOUR EXPECTATIONS, THE FAULT LIES IN YOUR EXPECTATIONS, NOT WITH THE SHOW OR ITS WRITERS.

As I have already pointed out, the writers of this show have handled and utilized the Rumbelle relationship very similarly to how the writers of One Tree Hill handled the Naley relationship, but what I didn't mention is that, if you do a direct comparison, the OTH writers put the characters of Nathan and Haley through far more than the writers of this show have with Belle and Rumple.

I again apologize if the above comes across as hostile and harsh.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 05-02-2013, 08:03 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
I know I keep coming back to this point, but, based on my own experiences of writing something meant for and structured to be aired on TV, coupled with my understanding of how TV storytelling operates, the more I see people acting like Adam and Eddy are deliberately not using certain characters, the more I feel like I need to step in and say something. My previous comments don't seem to have been quite direct enough, though, so I'm going to try one more time, and I apologize if the following comes across as harsh and hostile (especially since I'm writing a good chunk of it in CAPS):
THE WRITERS OF THIS SHOW ARE NOT DELIBERATELY IGNORING CHARACTERS OR CHARACTER RELATIONSHIPS.

ANYONE UPSET THAT CERTAIN CHARACTERS HAVEN'T BEEN USED VERY MUCH NEED TO REALIZE THAT THE SHOW IS NOT EXCLUSIVELY ABOUT SAID CHARACTERS. CHARACTERS ON THIS SHOW - EVEN ONES BELOVED BY FANS - ARE GOING TO BE UTILIZED ONLY AS IS PERTINENT TO THE STORY BEING TOLD REGARDLESS OF THEIR STATUS.

IF YOU ARE EXPECTING SOMETHING OTHER THAN WHAT THE SHOW HAS OFFERED OR IS OFFERING IN THIS REGARD AND HAVE ISSUES WITH THE SHOW AS A RESULT OF IT NOT MEETING YOUR EXPECTATIONS, THE FAULT LIES IN YOUR EXPECTATIONS, NOT WITH THE SHOW OR ITS WRITERS.

As I have already pointed out, the writers of this show have handled and utilized the Rumbelle relationship very similarly to how the writers of One Tree Hill handled the Naley relationship, but what I didn't mention is that, if you do a direct comparison, the OTH writers put the characters of Nathan and Haley through far more than the writers of this show have with Belle and Rumple.

I again apologize if the above comes across as hostile and harsh.
Thank You for saying this. I've been thinking the same way you have for awhile. You are speaking my language about the whole writer situation with Rumbelle.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:25 AM
Master Fan

Tumblr Source: http://queen-morganas.tumblr.com/pos...wn-her-library

Tumblr Post:
Quote:
I love how this is Rumple’s way to woo a lady, he really doesn’t do things half-way. “She loves books ?! I’ll just give her an entire library with more books that she can read in her entire life !” who cares about ex-fiance-turned-rose when you can get an entire building just for you ? I love in-love-Rumple, and Belle’s happy-blushing face is adorable !
Quote from: StreetAngel — lady-briennes: Belle being shown her library ...

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 05-02-2013, 08:31 AM
Absolute Fan

KOUAT12: Thanks for the hug.

As an addendum to what I wrote above, I learned most of what I know and understand about TV storytelling from a guy who actually wrote for some very recognizable mainstream television series.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor