View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 08:03 AM
KOUAT12
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
I know I keep coming back to this point, but, based on my own experiences of writing something meant for and structured to be aired on TV, coupled with my understanding of how TV storytelling operates, the more I see people acting like Adam and Eddy are deliberately not using certain characters, the more I feel like I need to step in and say something. My previous comments don't seem to have been quite direct enough, though, so I'm going to try one more time, and I apologize if the following comes across as harsh and hostile (especially since I'm writing a good chunk of it in CAPS):
THE WRITERS OF THIS SHOW ARE NOT DELIBERATELY IGNORING CHARACTERS OR CHARACTER RELATIONSHIPS.

ANYONE UPSET THAT CERTAIN CHARACTERS HAVEN'T BEEN USED VERY MUCH NEED TO REALIZE THAT THE SHOW IS NOT EXCLUSIVELY ABOUT SAID CHARACTERS. CHARACTERS ON THIS SHOW - EVEN ONES BELOVED BY FANS - ARE GOING TO BE UTILIZED ONLY AS IS PERTINENT TO THE STORY BEING TOLD REGARDLESS OF THEIR STATUS.

IF YOU ARE EXPECTING SOMETHING OTHER THAN WHAT THE SHOW HAS OFFERED OR IS OFFERING IN THIS REGARD AND HAVE ISSUES WITH THE SHOW AS A RESULT OF IT NOT MEETING YOUR EXPECTATIONS, THE FAULT LIES IN YOUR EXPECTATIONS, NOT WITH THE SHOW OR ITS WRITERS.

As I have already pointed out, the writers of this show have handled and utilized the Rumbelle relationship very similarly to how the writers of One Tree Hill handled the Naley relationship, but what I didn't mention is that, if you do a direct comparison, the OTH writers put the characters of Nathan and Haley through far more than the writers of this show have with Belle and Rumple.

I again apologize if the above comes across as hostile and harsh.
Thank You for saying this. I've been thinking the same way you have for awhile. You are speaking my language about the whole writer situation with Rumbelle.