Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2013, 05:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
To be fair, there are people who ship Belle with other people too. There are some who like her and Hook. I think they did have chemistry but I would never "ship" them, but there are people who like them. People can ship who they like.

I'm just, realistically saying that they aren't going to get another "Rumbelle" type popularity with him or her and any other man or woman.
True, there are ships for every combination of characters you can think of - lol!

But, there will never be any ship for Belle or Gold/Rumple that will come anywhere near the popularity of Rumbelle - it's magical. And it's the Bobby/Emilie chemistry that has a lot to do with it.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan_RCFan (View Post)
True, there are ships for every combination of characters you can think of - lol!

But, there will never be any ship for Belle or Gold/Rumple that will come anywhere near the popularity of Rumbelle - it's magical. And it's the Bobby/Emilie chemistry that has a lot to do with it.
Exactly. It's that one in a hundred pairings that just sparked together and became bigger than I think they even thought. So I don't truly think anyone believes that either could have another pairing that would even come close to that.

Quote:
Adam and Jane explained on twitter that while there was a bond between C/R, clearly something magical was at work with Rumbelle, something special (Jane) and that we would see why Rumbelle love is different (Adam). She's right and so was he - we did see that, we saw all of it.
Did they say that? That's good. And yes, we know how special they are. But I don't even want to think about him and Cora anymore. Blech. LOL.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I think they'll promote the heck out of Hook and whoever his romantic partner is because he fits in their demos. Which is sad but it's the world we live in, where conventional good looks and people closer in age are what they want.

I personally think Rumbelle is a striking couple and have more chemistry and beauty than any of the other couples but I know they'll never promote them as much as the other couples. It's all about demos for them.

BUT maybe they'll surprise us and finally capitalize on their popularity and have them actually together and promote them. We can only hope.
The need to cater to a specific demographic is also annoying. It’s amazing that even if the majority of your audience doesn’t fit the demographic, you still just cater to the group that does.

I really wish they would promote Rumbelle more. They have a goldmine there and I think they are doing the show a disservice by always making the couples promotion about Snowing and going forward probably about Hook and/or Emma. The Rumbelle love story is epic (timeless and ageless) and transcends the conventional.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:27 AM
Passionate Fan

I agreed with the Hook promoting. I mean I know they said they really like Hook and wanted him ever since the first season & Colin is hot but it still upset me that Belle and Rumbelle doesn't get much media promoting at all.

Rum got a lot but it's like it's just him that they promote. Like I said before, I think the whole separation thing that keep happening to us is just their way of getting Rum into his own plot story/arc. Which is sad because most of the time it doesn't include Belle...

Robert Carlyle | JGL | Nathan Fillion | T. Hiddles
(´∀`) vote Carlyle!
Old 06-19-2013, 06:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomc (View Post)
I agreed with the Hook promoting. I mean I know they said they really like Hook and wanted him ever since the first season & Colin is hot but it still upset me that Belle and Rumbelle doesn't get much media promoting at all.

Rum got a lot but it's like it's just him that they promote. Like I said before, I think the whole separation thing that keep happening to us is just their way of getting Rum into his own plot story/arc. Which is sad because most of the time it doesn't include Belle...
I agree that a lot of this separation has to do with Gold's storyline... but, I also think that they believe that we need angst to keep Rumbelle interesting, when what we need is a balance of emotional highs and lows. Separating this couple, whether physically or mentally, is becoming redundant. They need to find new ways of creating interesting stories that include the two of them being together.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I agree that a lot of this separation has to do with Gold's storyline... but, I also think that they believe that we need angst to keep Rumbelle interesting, when what we need is a balance of emotional highs and lows. Separating this couple, whether physically or mentally, is becoming redundant. They need to find new ways of creating interesting stories that include the two of them being together.
I agree completely. I'll wait and see how they handle this separation to judge it but if this continues that's going to be pretty sad.

It's disappointing that people whose profession is writing can't come up with decent stories about couples who are actually together. I've seen other writers do it, have couples together for years and actually have them be fresh and interesting. But I'm trying not to pre-judge them for next year. Looking back at the past year though, they could have done a lot better, although we got a lot of great moments.

But as far as separations go, this is better than breaking them up and having them with other people, which would not be believable at all, imo.

Last edited by Belleislove; 06-19-2013 at 07:09 AM
Old 06-19-2013, 07:08 AM
Passionate Fan

i think it's redundant too, they should come up with something new. I don't mind angst because i love angst but at least stop with the separation thing. It's overused

(´∀`) vote Carlyle!
Old 06-19-2013, 07:43 AM
Loyal Fan

I really, really, don't want to talk about TMD, but I feel the need to say one thing about it. I think it would have made so much more sense character- and storywise if Cora had come on to Rumple instead of vice-versa. He would have been so happy to have someone interested in him and he would have given her anything she asked. But then when it turns out she's using him, he's destroyed. That would have fit better with Skin Deep because it would explain his suspicion of Belle's motives and his hesitation when she comes on to him. And then at the end of TMD it fits when he asks if Cora ever loved him, because she was the one that started it from the beginning. I just feel that that would have made more sense, and it would have been so much less icky.

Anyways, back to Rumbelle...
Old 06-19-2013, 08:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
But as far as separations go, this is better than breaking them up and having them with other people, which would not be believable at all, imo.
I would die if they ever tried to do this. It would make no sense at all for the characters. The thing is that they would never have Gold hook up with anyone else so it would have to be Belle. My heart would break for him if that ever happened even if I knew that it was temporary and that they'd ultimately get back together.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomc (View Post)

Rumbelle, Snowing and Robert Carlyle, and Lana are more popular than Hook in general.

They are showing hook all over the ABC face book page and Twitter account. I really want to send a twitter blast to @Abc_publicity and ABCOUAT and blast them for ignoring the more popular cast and characters in favor on teeney boppers..lol

But it wont get anywhere. They dont care.

CS hasn't exploded anywhere near the ships of Rumbelle, SNowing or SwanQueen.

It's irritating that they are choosing looks over substance. IT doesnt matter that we find Robert sexy.. he's not what Hollywood or ABC promotes.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I would die if they ever tried to do this. It would make no sense at all for the characters. The thing is that they would never have Gold hook up with anyone else so it would have to be Belle. My heart would break for him if that ever happened even if I knew that it was temporary and that they'd ultimately get back together.
I can't even imagine it. I'm just saying, trying to put the separation into perspective, there are a lot worse things they could be doing to us.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:35 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I can't even imagine it. I'm just saying, trying to put the separation into perspective, there are a lot worse things they could be doing to us.
Ah! What we must endure as Rumbellers!
I'm not sure that there's any circumstance where I could accept either of them with another person - plus it would be another separation!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Passionate Fan

agreed. well hopefully they will finally realize it and start promoting more!

another set of gif i made today. couldn't resist the smitten Rum hehehe
i'm off to start watching Supernatural

(´∀`) vote Carlyle!
Old 06-19-2013, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
The need to cater to a specific demographic is also annoying. It’s amazing that even if the majority of your audience doesn’t fit the demographic, you still just cater to the group that does.

I really wish they would promote Rumbelle more. They have a goldmine there and I think they are doing the show a disservice by always making the couples promotion about Snowing and going forward probably about Hook and/or Emma. The Rumbelle love story is epic (timeless and ageless) and transcends the conventional.
I agree, but look at ABC's marketing department. In the 2014 calendar we have Aurora/Mulan ( huh?!!) and ONE Rumple photo - NOT one of Belle, not one of Rumbelle.

I'm sick to death of Hook and whomever he ends up bedding..... but I'm hardly surprised that a marketing department can't view an older man (who isn't OLD at all) as vital and vibrant. Rumbelle deserves to be promoted, but then again, they hardly have any air time, so maybe ABC views Rumbelle more like a side ship. It's not like they are Snowing, hogging the screen, lol. Rumbelle is never together.

It's not even just that Gold/Bobby is sexy; there is FAR more to Rumbelle's storyline than beauty -in fact, NEITHER of them fell for each other because of looks. ABC is clueless (but so are other networks, lol) as to what makes people tick and WHY Rumbelle is popular.

Last edited by Betsybelle; 06-19-2013 at 11:29 AM
Old 06-19-2013, 11:28 AM
Master Fan

IA on the Hook promotion. I don't get it at all, I mean his character is not even that interesting or anything smilar. They surely are banking a lot on CS/Hook for 3rd season and they're not even that popular

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)