Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2013, 06:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baelfire24 (View Post)

Tumblr Source: Enchanted Theories
Don't think so, think it's like this: Tell Me a Secret...
Old 06-18-2013, 06:23 PM
Master Fan

Source: RumbelleFairytale on deviantART

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 06-18-2013, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

Karen, thanks - and thanks for doing this! Oh and I meant to say that int he 2nd segment of that first part, where Gold says "it's just........", his mouth is open and beads of sweat appear on his upper lip. I find this unbelievably erotic, but then I love Bobby's mouth.

Segment 1:

I'll try not to repeat myself. I've almost committed every single breath and look to memory, lol

I believe this is where Gold says that he knows she's confused about who she is......so he's going to tell her.

LOUDLY crying because look at his face - and no, the GIFs aren't enough because Bobby's noises are integral to this scene. He is in particular pain here and if you rewatch this, you an see him toss his head from side to side and he's breathing heavily.

He might die trying, but he WILL tell Belle about herself.

Segment 2:

Well you can see what the poison is doing to Gold; it's like daggers knifing him from inside out. He's practically gritting his teeth. That man is hurting, terribly. It's like a patient undergoing surgery without anasthesia.

IMO, Gold is INCREDIBLY BRAVE............

Look at Bobby work those eyebrows; his entire face is made of rubber, sigh...

Segment 3

This might be the you "really, really loved me" part, or right before it. I'm not quite sure, but now Gold's eyes are open slightly - and you can see the tears shimmering there. You can see he's starting to physically try and set his mouth, trying to get through this.

Another remarkable thing about this scene and Bobby: Most of the time his eyes are closed, but even through the lids, you can FEEL the emotion. You can sense what his eyes are doing behind the lids. We are deprived of a major avenue to express emotion - Bobby's eyes - and STILL we can see the feeling behind them because he works those brows, works his forehad, works EVERYTHING.

Segment 4

Oh my god, baby......Gold is thanking Belle for who she is, everything she's done. He's thanking her for the impact she's made, for believing in him, for loving him, for never, ever giving up on him.

Thank you...........Belle. He can BARELY say her word; he's almost toast at this point. His mouth is very shiny; there's saliva there, but I sort like to think he's crying with his mouth. ..............Of course, those eyes. His eyes are limpid pools of liquid chocolate...and our hero is crying. Tears have run down out of his eyes and collect at the corners.

This is the end. Gold has come to the end of his long, long life - ironically whene he has so much to live for. He will never get to be happy with Belle, never get to father her children, never get to feel her breath on his face and her heart beat next to his. He will never get to stroke her face and call her sweetheart, never get to kiss her soft lips and make love to her over and over again. He's crying for that, he's crying for so many things.

Now I'm crying, lol
Old 06-18-2013, 06:37 PM
Master Fan

Deviantart Source: RumBelle by ~RumbelleFairytale on deviantART

Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois

Last edited by baelfire24; 06-18-2013 at 06:45 PM
Old 06-18-2013, 06:42 PM
Master Fan

Ranma, I agree.

There's a long post on Tumblr that in essence explained why Rumple was so smooth with Cora and so fumbly with Belle

It's too long to post, but the graphics are adorable and add to the post, so please view:

Why Rumple Has No Game: The Pepe Le Pew Theory

This was my response, in bold:

I also think that Rumple was completely in love with Belle, the entire man - not just the DO part of him, but the REAL man. It was easier for him to be “lusty” with Cora because while they may have had some sort of love, it wasn’t honest, genuine, love, the kind that makes you want to be a better person, the kind that makes you ready to die a thousand times over for that person.

Rumple was completely flummoxed by Belle’s hug in Lacey because when is the last time he was touched like that? He recognized that what Belle was offering was genuine affection and warmth…..and he loved that. He was so smitten, so in love. In Skin Deep, Belle’s touched flustered and threw him - because he felt those things for her, but he hadn’t felt those sorts of feelings in centuries. There was a hardness to his relationship with Cora, but with Belle it was soft and warm. She wanted him, was clearly attracted to him, and he wanted and was attracted to her……..but while he was so brave to allow love into his great big heart again, he was so scared to commit. I think the reason the cup became so important to Rumple was because it became a substitute for Belle. He was too nervous and scared to touch Belle, certainly kiss her, but he could caress and fondle the cup -and by drinking from it, he was in essence kissing her.

So, I think Rumple’s reactions in Skin Deep were right on the mark even though now we know Cora came not THAT long before…..they are completely different relationships.

Then the OP's response to me:

Quote:
I think Cora and Rumple understand each other well— they’re both members of the “It Sucks to be a Peasant— I’ll Show Them All!” club. For someone as lonely as Rumple it must have been a real jolt to make that kind of sympathetic connection. And I do think a solid relationship can be based on lust (as long as there’s something else to keep it going)— but not if you’re heartless. (Bad call, Cora.)

I definitely think you’re right in that Cora/Rumple and Belle/Rumple are two entirely different types of relationships. What’s fascinating to me about the Belle/Rumple thing is that they really are a mystery to each other. She sees him— both who he was, what he is now, and who he could be— in a way that pragmatic Cora never could. And he’s constantly gobsmacked (I like your use of ‘fluxxomed’ too) by who she is and what she wants (namely, him). He gets this hilarious “buffering . . . buffering” look on his face when she speaks to him— and of course he’s one of the few people in two realms who actually listens to her. Belle brings him back to the shy spinner he used to be, and for someone as
insecure as Rumple that must be terrifying. No wonder he’s skittish.
Then my response, in Bold. I know it's long, but what else do we have to do with our hiatus?

I think Cora just took Rumple at face value - he was who he was, and since she enjoyed power, his power, why ask questions? Belle could see who Rumple really was inside and she cared enough for him to want him to be that again - for his own sake. She saw the good in him (she’s got that sense, that gift) before she loved him, so it’s not like she was blinded. Even though Rumple thought he was a monster, still he loved that someone thought he was not. Belle did not “accept” Rumple for who he pretended to be; she wanted more for him- because she knew who he really was inside.

I love that word “gobsmacked” - it’s a fun word AND it pretty much describes Rumple. She hugged him and he was gone, baby, gone. The touching for him is huge; he’s a very tactile person and he knows, even if he hasn’t had recent experience, the difference in the sort of touches Cora and Belle provided. Belle’s touches brought him back to his best self, the Manhattan version, the spinner, the man. With her, he was not the DO, not some lizard creature, but a real man who loved and only wanted to be loved in return. He’s still like that in SB……Their need to touch, to be physical, is so extraordinary; I just adore that so much about them, it’s so beautiful.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:47 PM
Master Fan

Source: Photo

Old 06-18-2013, 07:01 PM
Master Fan

Someone had posted a confession stating she didn't understand why Golden Heart hadn't taken off like Rumbelle:

Here are a few responses:

Quote:
’ve given this some thought and I think I have a few explanations.

1) They introduced this ship after Rumbelle had already been established and well-received. This makes Cora somewhat of a threat, even though her ‘romance’ with Rumple primarily exists in flashback sequences.

2) Although a bit of a babe, Cora is Belle’s total opposite — overtly sensual, power-hungry, self-serving, cutthroat, etc. For those who enjoy the romantic naïveté of the Rumbelle ship, seeing a woman like this with Rumple can be a tough pill to swallow.

3) Belle is dedicated to bringing out the good in Rumple, and her affection for him reflects her goals. Cora is attracted to his power and his darkness, so of course she encourages him in the opposite direction. Considering her motives, she ultimately compromises Rumple’s chance at true happiness, and we all want our leading man to have his best shot at a happy ending.

4) Excuse me for sounding biased, but the bitch came dangerously close to breaking his heart. I think he had enough of a grip on reality to not let it ruin his world, but it still ****ing hurt. Not only did she break it off with him after she already agreed to run away with him, but it’s also easy to conclude she was only using him for his knowledge and experience. Even if she didn’t see it that way at the time, she pretty much took what she wanted from him and split. Ruling over a kingdom with some dude she doesn’t even like was more important than her feelings for him, evidently.

5) Rumple’s been used and dismissed by the women he cares for. Milah abandoned him and their child to run off with a pirate (after reducing his self-worth to ash with her constant belittling) and Cora only loved him in a way that turned out to be opportunistic and short-lived.

Enter Belle.

Here’s a beautiful young woman with bravery and tact and a strong moral code, and she loves him. The girl has everything to lose from being with him, okay? Being the Dark One’s lover is dangerous, chaotic and often wrought with tragedy, but she doesn’t care. Her love for him is pure and selfless, and she feels it with every fiber of her being.

The wonderful thing is, he feels it too. This man, who’s spent an untold number of years barricading his heart from the world, feels true love for the first time in his life and gradually allows it to counteract the darkness festering inside of him. Belle makes him want to be the best version of himself. She gives him strength he didn’t know he had — strength that comes from his heart, rather than from his cursed powers.

They have their ups and downs, but they also make each other blissfully happy.

Personally, that’s all I can ask from a ship.
Then another response:

But there’s a few reasons why it didn’t take off.

Quote:
Rumbelle was already established and introduced first. It’s also a huge subfandom of Once.

Rumple’s scenes with Cora were extremely OOC. And I will say that it was….bad writing. Well, I’m waiting to see if there will be an explanation for why Rumple was very intimidated by Belle and very forward with Cora. My personal headcanon says that Rumple thinks Belle is too good for him, and he didn’t think this way about Cora. Again, this speaks volumes for Rumple and Cora as a couple…it’s just not on the same level as Rumbelle.

Unpopular opinion: They didn’t have chemistry. Sorry, not sorry. They reminded of two kids in high school who think they’re in love but they’re not. As evidenced by her inability to break his curse.
My response, in Bold:

Personally, I get what they were trying to do and I really believe it added to Rumbelle’s storyline because I think his love for Belle is far, far deeper and richer than whatever “love” he had for Cora, but I admit that while the eppy wasn’t as bad as I feared, I get icked out by them. I have the eppy on DVR because of the phone call scene - that’s it (thought that is a remarkably beautiful moment, possibly the best Rumbelle moment ever).

I think the reason why Rumple reacted as he did in Skin Deep is because what he felt for Belle was FAR different from what he felt for Cora. What he felt for Belle was deep love and physical need; it wasn’t just lust or passion, it was a burning love and a need to touch her, to be with her. She scared him. His feelings for Cora didn’t scare him, but his feelings for Belle did. He was the DO with Cora and the DO didn’t scare, but with Belle he was Rumplestiltskin, the man, the man of deep feeling and passion, who needed desperately to love and be loved.

I think putting this “romance” closer to Belle’s timeline was meant to show that Rumple really should have been wary of her to the point of almost refusing to allow himself to love………..I think Rumple is extraordinarily brave. I think he’s braver than just about anyone on the show because despite his past, despite EVERYTHING he’s suffered, he has never given up on love. Rumple’s wife turned on him cruelly and abused him to the point where he morphed from this spitfire of a man (in Manhattan, in the camp scene, he reminded me so much of Gold) into a wreck (but even then, he was courageous enough to want to stick it out where he lived). Cora didn’t truly love him for who he was and ripped out her own heart for she loved something more.

Yet…..yet, despite ALL Of this, Rumple’s heart could not be denied and he fell more in love with her than any man has ever fallen. He tried to hide it behind that gold glittery mask and odd voice, but failed utterly……..and he was ok with that. Rumple was a man who loved being in love, who loves being in love. Even when he thought Belle had tricked him and he pushed her out, he couldn’t destroy the cup; even though he felt that she lied to him, that she never could love him, he STILL loved her and he was NOT going to destroy her memory, destroy his memories of her. That’s how much he loved Belle……..and of course when he found out she’d “died”, he replaced the Holy Grail with the chipped cup and wept bitter tears over it. He wept for HER, for the beautiful life that could have been, for all the things she wanted to see and do that she never would be able to now. That’s love…..and that is Rumple in a nutshell. If this isn’t bravery, then I don’t know what is. He IS full of love, he always has been. He needs it in his life and he’d do anything for it.

As Jane said, clearly there was something special and magical about Rumbelle. Even if you assume that Cora and Rumple loved each other, how could it be True? She “loved” the dark side of him and didn’t care about the man inside (and her “it would have been enough” was too little too late. If love had been enough, we wouldn’t have gone through all of this, lol). For his part, he was not inspired at all to be the real Rumple. Since the writers claim they did love each other and had a connection, that’s fine, but everything that has ever been shown on ONCE - before AND since - makes it perfectly clear that what Rumple had with Belle, what he feels for her, is a once in a thousand lifetimes type of love

Oh and why didn’t it take off? Well for one thing, what makes Rumbelle Rumbelle is the gorgeous and exquisite story…but mostly it’s Bobby and Emilie. Their chemistry is off-the-charts; it’s exceedingly rare to find chemistry like this, in tv or the movies. They bring Rumbelle to life, they breathe life into the words on a page. Both actors truly love Rumbelle, they take it very seriously and what we see on screen is an incredible collaboration between genuinely special acting partners.

You can’t just find a Rumbelle, no matter how hard you look or how much your write. This pairing is a gift from the tv gods and it won’t come around again anytime soon
Old 06-18-2013, 07:06 PM
Master Fan

Old 06-18-2013, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

great responses and great art..

Such wonderful thoughts and images to go to sleep with..
Old 06-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Master Fan

Old 06-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for all of your hard work, Karen.......LOL I just watched the phone call scene again and yes, all those feelings came back - they always do. It is the most beautiful, romantic, selfless and exquisite scene........

Quote:
I find myself saying, “Whatcha doin’ there, Belle?” way too much. LOL

He’s no better— eyes up, Rumple. Honestly, those two.
LOL no he’s not……He’s not exactly subtle when he’s looking down her dress (esp.. in Skin Deep)… Not that we can blame him, or her; neither of them notice the other looking at them because they are too busy looking themselves, lol. You’d think she’d never seen a man before…..or him a woman
Old 06-18-2013, 08:35 PM
Master Fan

Delete

Old 06-18-2013, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

I think each woman in Rumple's life has brought something different for him. Belle is the only one who seems to love all of him. Yes she would like him to be good but she also brings out the best in him. Milah may have loved him once but she could not live with him being a coward so she could not accept who he was which is not true love. If you cannot accept who someone is you do not deserve them. Rumple was not truly what or who she was after. I am sure I will be enlightened more on their relationship when I actually get to watch "Manhattan" on Thursday but I doubt it will change my mind . Then enter Cora, who while I have not seen "The Miller's Daughter" from what I gather seems to only bring out one side of him: the cursed side/dark one. That could be love but for me evil cannot love it is just lust and satisfaction as there is something greater that they want (in Rumple's case it was his need to get his son back, I presume for Cora it is power but I could be wrong). I love Charmed so it is going to be painful for me to watch Rose McGowan as Cora knowing that there was something there, but on the other hand I do not believe Cora is a threat. He does not want her, she was just a stop along the way to finding true love. She satisfied his needs, just as he satisfied hers. It is like they use each other which again is not true love. During "In the Name of the Brother" when Cora gives Rumple a way to find his son she asks him to seal the deal like they used to and he hesitates and is not happy about the kiss. There is nothing to worry about, he just gave her what she wanted but it meant nothing to him. He wanted Belle, and Bae, so he could have happiness again. With Belle he is happy and she can break the curse. She wants him to return to being the man he was and to break his curse and she will love him. She does not see a coward and is not repulsed by him and she does not see the power and feel drawn to that. She sees him, not just who he is, but who he can be/who he used to be. That to me is love. There may be something between Cora and The Dark One but to me she would just be a pawn in his game to get his son back and it would just be some satisfaction. He may have thought he loved her, but it is nothing compared to what he feels with Belle. Love is complex and until you find your perfect match you may be confused by other things along the way, and you can be attracted to more than just one person. Attraction does not always equal love.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:26 PM
Master Fan

Art:http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...er-d5wkmsu.jpg

Source: Childoftheflower on deviantART

Last edited by baelfire24; 06-18-2013 at 09:52 PM
Old 06-18-2013, 09:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Are people really trying to say that Rumple and Cora were true love, and that Cora was the Dark one's true love? No way. I think Adam and Eddy meant that Rumple and Cora were kindred spirits, the kind of people who get each other, and understand where the other is coming from because of similiar backgrounds and experiences. It doesn't mean a romantic connection at all. Think about it, if two people are the exact same , then how would they have any kind of meaningful relationship. Think about your best friends, are you exactly alike? No, most people become friends because they have things in common, but also because they are different. The best relationships come from a combination of similiarities and differences. Relationships are suppossed to help you grow, encourage you to be open-minded, and bring out the best in you! Cora brought out the worst in Rumple because she was just as angry as he was, but Cora was also vengeful, spiteful, and power hungry. She was drawn to Rumple's power, not to the man he was, and the Dark one, is not capable of love, but the human Rumple was, and Belle brought out the good, decent man Rumple was and for the first time in his life offered him true love, not the toxic love both Milha and Cora gave him. Belle saw past the walls and the power, and fell for the man, just like Beauty and the Beast. Belle's kiss almost broke his curse, Cora's had no effect, that there says it wasn't true love, just two misguided and twisted beings finding a sort of kinship with each other. Together, Cora and Rumple would have been a disastor that would have destroyed Rum's soul forever. Belle and Rumple's love is the light that destroys the darkness in Rum, and saves Rum's soul!