Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2013, 09:57 PM
Master Fan

Rumpel and Belle - Happily Ever After!

Source: irina-bourry on deviantART

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 06-18-2013, 09:58 PM
Master Fan

Rumbelle is special for so many reasons. They see the best in each other and they want the best for each other. Rumple wanted Belle to have the chance to live the life she so craved, a life full of adventure. He encouraged her curiosity and intelligence and instead of snuffing her potential, he encouraged it. Of course he's done the same in SB

Belle didn't accept Rumple's notion that he was a monster in FTL and she hasn't in SB. She doesn't want him to make better decisions because it's good for her, but rather because it's good for him. She believes in him, believes in his goodness, his kindness, his enormous capacity to love - and she wants him to believe in that himself.

Rumbelle love is selfless and it's self-sacrificing. They care more about the other than they do themselves.

Rumbelle love warms them, makes them feel good. They are each other's comfort zone and each other's hero. They see in each other what no one else does and they give each other strength.

Gold and Belle fill each other up - emotionally and physically. When one hurts, the other hurts; when one feels joy, the other feels joy. They are one soul in two bodies.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:00 PM
Master Fan

Source: rockheartblondie on deviantART

Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 06-18-2013, 10:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
The fact he took up drinking to numb the pain after being told Belle was dead is something I forget on occasion. Then I’m reminded and I want to cry. Thanks for the suffering you caused my faves, Regina, it wasn’t at all hard to watch and legit painful to contemplate.
Heartlines

The writers really did a fantastic job plotting this so far ahead of Skin Deep, when they had no idea if the story would work at all.

Look at his face; he’s not the imp anymore - he can’t be, ever again, not really. He had happiness and love - and it’s been brutally taken from him. Aside from being crushed personally, I think Rumple is truly depressed that Belle’s young life has been snuffed out. He loved her so very much, but also respected, admired and worshipped her as a human being. He told her once that he spun to forget, but at this point, he doesn’t want to forget- he just doesn’t want to feel. Rumple won’t even take the potion that he gave to Snow because he wants to remember Belle -desperately - but then later the pain becomes too much to bear. That thought is so upsetting - it’s beautiful and tragic. They are tragic..

I DO love that he created, in essence, True Love potion, in her honor.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:46 PM
Master Fan

Song: Because of You by Kelly Clarkson

Source: Scarletteileen on deviantART

Old 06-19-2013, 03:03 AM
Master Fan

wow.. those are all beautiful..
Old 06-19-2013, 03:10 AM
Master Fan

Source: KouenTaisa on deviantART

Old 06-19-2013, 04:30 AM
Master Fan

Are people honestly wondering why Cora/Rumple didn't take off as a couple?

Were they ever supposed to? Belle was already canon as his true love and they are one of the most popular couples on television and certainly on the show. Did anyone seriously think people would take one look at evil, selfish Cora and dump Rumbelle for them and suddenly want them instead? LOL. I don't think that's how they were even intended. Of course they aren't popular. Plus, um, she's dead. But they were never some grand love story, nor do I think they were ever intended to be. JMO.

And of course Cora isn't the Dark One's true love. That's just silliness. The Dark One fell in love with Belle. She was the one who almost broke his curse.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Are people honestly wondering why Cora/Rumple didn't take off as a couple?

Were they ever supposed to? Belle was already canon as his true love and they are one of the most popular couples on television and certainly on the show. Did anyone seriously think people would take one look at evil, selfish Cora and dump Rumbelle for them and suddenly want them instead? LOL. I don't think that's how they were even intended. Of course they aren't popular. Plus, um, she's dead. But they were never some grand love story, nor do I think they were ever intended to be. JMO.

And of course Cora isn't the Dark One's true love. That's just silliness. The Dark One fell in love with Belle. She was the one who almost broke his curse.
I am not sure why anyone (except for Eddie) would wonder that.
Rumple was dark and lonely when he met Cora. She fed into the darkness.

Belle brought out all the good that he longed and didnt beleive was still in him.

I agree with you.. I dont think anyone really believes or wanted Cora/Rumple ship.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for all the great art, gifs and pics - beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
Belle brought out all the good that he longed and didnt beleive was still in him.
I agree with you.. I dont think anyone really believes or wanted Cora/Rumple ship.
Agreed - I think Eddie is the only one who might have thought that the Cora/Rumple ship would take off... lol! Even if Rumbelle did not exist, I don't think the fans would have taken to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace52373 (View Post)
Cora brought out the worst in Rumple because she was just as angry as he was, but Cora was also vengeful, spiteful, and power hungry. She was drawn to Rumple's power, not to the man he was, and the Dark one, is not capable of love, but the human Rumple was, and Belle brought out the good, decent man Rumple was and for the first time in his life offered him true love, not the toxic love both Milha and Cora gave him. Belle saw past the walls and the power, and fell for the man, just like Beauty and the Beast. Belle's kiss almost broke his curse, Cora's had no effect, that there says it wasn't true love, just two misguided and twisted beings finding a sort of kinship with each other. Together, Cora and Rumple would have been a disastor that would have destroyed Rum's soul forever. Belle and Rumple's love is the light that destroys the darkness in Rum, and saves Rum's soul!
That't the big difference. Belle saw past the walls, the appearance and the pretense from the very beginning and recognized the kind and loving man... and Rumple loved her for this. Cora only saw the DO and was drawn to the power, magic and mutual desire for vengeance. Sure, there was definitley a kinship there, but a destructive kinship that could never lead to true love or happiness.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan_RCFan (View Post)
Thanks for all the great art, gifs and pics - beautiful!

Agreed - I think Eddie is the only one who might have thought that the Cora/Rumple ship would take off... lol! Even if Rumbelle did not exist, I don't think the fans would have taken to it.

That't the big difference. Belle saw past the walls, the appearance and the pretense from the very beginning and recognized the kind and loving man... and Rumple loved her for this. Cora only saw the DO and was drawn to the power, magic and mutual desire for vengeance. Sure, there was definitley a kinship there, but a destructive kinship that could never lead to true love or happiness.
And didn't it take place over a couple of days? Even the actress playing young Cora acted like it was a tragic beautiful love story and who knows where it would have gone. I was just laughing at that. Belle/Rumple is tragic. True love continually separated. I wouldn't even call what they had a love story although the show acting like it was is kind of bizarre to me.

And I don't think even Eddie would think that people would suddenly dump Rumbelle for Rumplestilskin and the MIller's Daughter, especially considering she wanted him dead and she died herself, lol. But even if that hadn't happened and she were alive, there's no way I believe there would be a huge fan clamoring for them. I'm sure, and I know there are some people who like them. We all like different things. But I don't believe it would ever have been the fanbase that Rumbelle has, or even close.

Last edited by Belleislove; 06-19-2013 at 05:37 AM
Old 06-19-2013, 05:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)

Well it was just one person.......and there are people who don't like Rumbelle that probably did love Cora/Rumple, but of course the Rumbelle fanbase is overwhelming compared to the non-Rumbelle "fanbase".

Eddy annoys me, but I don't want to go so far as to say he shipped C/R. He's actually the one who said the phone call scene was his favorite scene in TMD ...and he still is co-creator with Adam and both of them have written some of the most beautiful Rumbelle scenes.

The Dark One is a persona, but it's not who Rumple was or is. No matter his cursed self, he was still Rumplestiltskin and that is who fell in love with Belle. That man, the love, the goodness, was still inside of him - the curse didn't destroy him or them. The gentle, kind, wonderful man Rumple was valued Belle's heroism, her kindness, her bravery, her compassion, her intelligence, her humor, etc.. The puppy dog we see in Lacey when she hugs him? That's Rumple, that's the man desperately needing genuine affection and finally getting it. What made that so poignant is that it was obvious he hasn't felt a warm touch in so long. Cora touched him, yes, but not with real warmth or love or caring. That hug showed that Belle was proud of HIM, the man beneath the mask he wears.

I don't think a DO can really ever love, not true and real love, because the heart is black and dark. Yes, Rumple is called and called himself the DO, but he's not ever been completely dark because he has way, way too much love in his heart to ever be that. That need to love and be loved, that enormous capacity to love, is what kept him human; no curse could destroy that.

Adam and Jane explained on twitter that while there was a bond between C/R, clearly something magical was at work with Rumbelle, something special (Jane) and that we would see why Rumbelle love is different (Adam). She's right and so was he - we did see that, we saw all of it.

As far as I'm concerned, it's in the past; it's part of his backstory and that is it..........What we see on screen is nothing less than an epic, tragic, incomparable love story about two people who, as Emilie said, have gone to hell and back for each other. NO Love story can touch them. None.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:39 AM
Master Fan

To be fair, there are people who ship Belle with other people too. There are some who like her and Hook. I think they did have chemistry but I would never "ship" them, but there are people who like them. People can ship who they like.

I'm just, realistically saying that they aren't going to get another "Rumbelle" type popularity with him or her and any other man or woman.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:42 AM
Master Fan

I never said that people didn't ship Belle with other people....... Not everyone likes her, not everyone likes Rumbelle. I can't worry about them, lol........

Rumbelle is an insanely popular fanbase. I wish they got more media love, but can't blame them I gues since they are never on screen together
Old 06-19-2013, 05:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
I never said that people didn't ship Belle with other people....... Not everyone likes her, not everyone likes Rumbelle. I can't worry about them, lol........

Rumbelle is an insanely popular fanbase. I wish they got more media love, but can't blame them I gues since they are never on screen together
I wasn't directing that at you, honestly. I just meant that you'll find people who like every possible pairing on the show, and that's fine. Not everyone likes Rumbelle just like not everyone likes Snow/Charming. And I was afraid I came off as harsh like I couldn't believe anyone would want them with other people. I didn't intend to sound that way so I was just saying that people like Belle with other people too. I know there are fans for everyone so I didn't want to be unfair with anything I was saying.

I think they'll promote the heck out of Hook and whoever his romantic partner is because he fits in their demos. Which is sad but it's the world we live in, where conventional good looks and people closer in age are what they want.

I personally think Rumbelle is a striking couple and have more chemistry and beauty than any of the other couples but I know they'll never promote them as much as the other couples. It's all about demos for them.

BUT maybe they'll surprise us and finally capitalize on their popularity and have them actually together and promote them. We can only hope.

On another topic, I still see people questioning why true love's kiss didn't work for him and Cora. Seriously? Because she's not his true love.

I also don't like this idea that Cora was the Dark One's true love. It's been totally disproven, plus Belle did love the Dark ONe as well as good Rumple. It's the Dark One who made the original deal and who she lived with. But she saw right through him. That he really "isn't the DO. He just thinks he is. It wouldn't be such a struggle for him always if he weren't at his core, the good man he used to be. But she fell in love with him as the DO, even though she knew he did bad things. She loved his humor. The cute little smiles she would give when he would make a joke. Did anyone ever, in 300 years, laugh at this man's jokes? LOL. They're beauitiful.