Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 10:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
5. Discovers all those years of grief and guilt were needless. Milha was fine and had chosen to leave him. The average man would be pretty angry at this point. Throwing it in his face that she had never loved him - given my guess about their marriage - that Rumple was originally considered a good catch in their village and that Milha conned him into believing she loved him - feeling angry and betrayed were pretty natural reactions.
I think it was a lesson he took from the only deal he broke during his entire life. Of course, when he lied to Bae that his mom was dead, he hadn't become the Dark One yet, but he forced himself to keep every promise he made. Whatever he said, he must see it done, whether he was willing to do so or not, so Milah must die because she was already dead in Bae's memory. Nonetheless, in terms of parenthood, what Rumple can't forgive was how she abandoned Bae, whereas he could've forgiven her for her betrayal.

Quote:
Just to rub salt in his wounds, with Milha, he was powerless. In Belle's case, he had all the power he needed - he likely could have freed her at any time either in SB or FTL - if he'd known. For Gold, I think the fact that he didn't know doesn't count as an excuse, not for how he feels about it.
Hmm, I disagree with this. The absence of his endeavor to reach out to Belle was not his fault. If he had known that Belle was alive and imprisoned, he could've done anything he can to save her, but sadly, he was perfect fooled by Regina's lie, which, after taking a look at Granny and Moe's aversion to him, turned out to be brutally believable and reasonable to him, dashing every piece of hope for Belle's happiness with her family in his imagination. With a faith as strong as Charming Clan's, a man can always find his loved one, either her body in flesh, her tomb in a graveyard or even her ashes in urn; however, with despair, nothing could drive him to do so.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:37 AM
Extreme Fan

TFTNT! Love the title
Old 11-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Supreme Fan

Source
All you'll have is an empty heart and a chipped cup
She's gone forever. She's never coming back. And it's your fault
Old 11-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Addicted Fan

Beautiful artwork!
"Love makes us sick. Haunts our dreams. Destroys our days"
Old 11-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUATKatya (View Post)
I love how Gold kept his arm on the table during that conversation. He has a tendency to rub his fingers together when he's thinking (his hands are always active), but here it's also a protective gesture. He is physically placing himself between Regina and Belle while also extending an arm of reassurance to Belle.

I agree that Gold was very brave here. It took guts to make himself vulnerable and sincere, but restrained, in front of all the people at the diner. He has changed quite a bit.
There’s SO much to analyze in just this brief scene. I recall that gesture in Skin Deep, after he tried to distract from the moment they were having by making his “maybe you want to know a monster’s weaknesses”. She replied that he wasn’t a monster and he did rub his fingers together as if he was thinking seriously about what she’d said.

We tend to talk about what Belle brings to the relationship and how Gold needs her, but she needs him to. He did give her the chance to be a hero, he did (library scene) offer her a new life on her own and he also is place of safety and warmth for her. Even without physically doing so, he’s always wrapping his arms around Belle just by the way he speaks to her or looks at her. He also leaned forward to Belle earlier in the scene and that, in a way, was an intimate act.

Gold isn’t just trying to change so he can win Belle over – which is in a sense what Regina is trying to do with Henry. He sincerely longs to live a different life. What Belle’s presence has done has lifted the fog that has hung over him for so long, so that his true feelings are emerging – so long buried beneath the pinstriped suit and mask he wore, that mask a way of preventing others from seeing his true self. Gold is willing to put in the work - and it’s going to take work to get others to see him as Belle sees him – and I want to hug him for it. These subtle yet obvious changes only confirm what I’ve always thought, that he was a truly sad and unhappy man in pre-curse SB. I admire his bravery – and it IS brave of him to remake himself.

Notice how Gold didn't talk about being honest, he just has gone ahead and done it, with the library scene and now that amazing scene on Sunday.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Extreme Fan

Gorgeous artwork!
Old 11-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Passionate Fan

Found this picture.

Source: artWork009
Old 11-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Master Fan

One thing I have to laugh about with the diner scene: Gold didn't take his jacket off and Belle is looking gorgeous in a dress. They're in a diner, about to have messy hamburgers, and neither one is dressed for it. We know it will take awhile for Gold to dress more casually - if he ever does - but sitting in his jacket? I hope he was going to put a napkin around his neck to not dirty that gorgeous tie and shirt. Belle is used to wearing dresses in FTL so of course she probably thinks pants are rather........odd, lol. Still, they made a very formal couple, lol

Aww, how did I miss this? In the first photo, look how happy Gold is that Belle is happy........that is LOVE.

Whoa, steamy..............esp. that last photo of Bobby.

Give us even part of that and my entire life will be made, lol. With Bobby and Emilie's chemistry, just breathing near each other is sexy. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us next year........hope it's all we've been waiting for!

Last edited by Betsybelle; 11-27-2012 at 12:07 PM
Old 11-27-2012, 12:30 PM
Loyal Fan

^That bathtub art. Dead.

They do look funny so formally dressed to eat hamburgers. But, hey, a date's a date. I'm sure Belle had no idea that hamburgers are considered casual food.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:59 PM
New Fan

Guys I seriously coulnd't love more the Rumbelle scene we got. It was short but precious. Every single line Rumple said was amazing.

''I have a complicated relationship with her. With lots of people''
Lol, I love how he says it as a joke but I think that now he wants to change that.

And Belle response:
''Well, it did take me a while to get to know you. They will''
That's basically all she said in the ep but I almost cry. The skin deep reference made me have too much rumbelle feels.

''Belle, remember the woman that locked you up for 28 years?''
I just love how he looks at Belle instead of Regina, I think it's his way to stay calm, just looking at her and her lightness.

Also Regina:
''Now you have someone you cared about. You have a weakness''
I screamed out loud at this. I just LOVE when someone who is not Rumbelle says something about them. I don't know, I'm kinda weird right?

And:
''Who is Cora?'' ''Someone you'll never meet''
My love for Rumple at this line has no words. He says it smiling at Belle (because she brings all the joy out of him) but he is freaking serious and worried. Cora WON'T be near his Belle.

Also, Betsy can you please posted the interview where we got our amazing title?
Old 11-27-2012, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Those caps

I love that even though we our scene was brief, it had so much in it to analyze

We'll go posting bonkers when we get a eppy of them again
Old 11-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
Those caps

I love that even though we our scene was brief, it had so much in it to analyze

We'll go posting bonkers when we get a eppy of them again
I know! A 90 second scene burned through an entire thread on Sunday.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:47 PM
Supreme Fan

Source
All you'll have is an empty heart and a chipped cup
She's gone forever. She's never coming back. And it's your fault
Old 11-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Those bathtub pics!
And beautiful art
Old 11-27-2012, 03:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Beautiful artwork!