Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2014, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree wholeheartedly with Seamstress90 comparison to an alcoholic regarding Rumple's use of magic. That was a brilliant analogy!

Ser_Dragon I completely understand being disappointed with how your fave characters have been mishandled by TBTB. My favorite couple on my favorite show of all time, were completely shafted and we felt it was more than a slap to the fans.

But I'll always have fan fiction…so that helps me.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:05 PM
Passionate Fan

Ser_Dragon, I understand, too. I get by because I've decided A/E are just one set of people doing Once stories. In my head, I see of them as fan fic authors with a higher budget. They have a lot of influence, but I don't feel bound to accept their stories as my canon if I don't like them.

And that's sad. I shouldn't need to put distance between myself and the show. But, what else are you going to do?

I've been rewatching the first season, and it's sad how it's changed. The first season was more tightly plotted, with different parts interconnecting. A few threads were left hanging, but not overly major ones (other than necessary, continuing story things like finding Bae). On the Rumplestiltskin front, I would have liked Regina to have had a reason not to use Belle. Maybe it finally dawns on her that Rumple isn't going to just let this go, the way he might if Regina had beaten to a magic doodad or something.

They also should have used "please" better. At the very least, it should have been part of the season finale. Gold has been waiting all this time to use "please" on Regina when he needed the True Love potion--and have him know it wouldn't work after the curse was broken or after he brought magic back.

Ah, well. It is what it is. In my stories, Bae lives. Regina stays evil or ruthlessly amoral (but knows better than to whine too openly when some things don't go her way). Maybe Belle has to exile Rumple but she follows him (or has a really good reason for not coming after him with money and a walking stick).
Old 12-28-2014, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)

But I'll always have fan fiction…so that helps me.
Ahh good ol' fan fiction

He's looking there

source
Old 12-28-2014, 04:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I agree wholeheartedly with Seamstress90 comparison to an alcoholic regarding Rumple's use of magic. That was a brilliant analogy!
Thanks! Really, if you think about it, Rumple isn't that different from an alcoholic. Just a different intoxicant.

Ser_Dragon, I'm sorry to hear you're leaving, but I understand completely as well. To be honest, Rumbelle is the only reason I'm still watching.. And, of course, because Robert Carlyle.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:23 PM
Master Fan

He's been looking exceptionally good all season.

Darkness is sexy on him

Ser_Dragon I hate to see you go. I really enjoyed your thoughts on things. BUt I do understand.

Maybe take a break and if you feel better come back.

I hope to be making my way back slowly. Alex is doing well.

I'm thinking of making a Survivor for the Rumbelle and/or Dearie thread.

Let me know if you guys want ot play.
. I'll work on it before I get back to being here regularly.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love that gifset! Thanks for sharing!
Old 12-28-2014, 06:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
He's been looking exceptionally good all season.

Darkness is sexy on him

Ser_Dragon I hate to see you go. I really enjoyed your thoughts on things. BUt I do understand.

Maybe take a break and if you feel better come back.

Hi! Rho, did you get my pm?

Is it a role play game you are talking about?
Old 12-28-2014, 07:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace52373 (View Post)
Hi! Rho, did you get my pm?

Is it a role play game you are talking about?
Did get your pm. I will send you a message back.

So the survivor I thought would be like pics of he best Rumple moments,or Rumbelle and you vote the one you want off, it gets tougher as we go down because you'll not want to get rid of any moments since they are all great.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Did get your pm. I will send you a message back.

So the survivor I thought would be like pics of he best Rumple moments,or Rumbelle and you vote the one you want off, it gets tougher as we go down because you'll not want to get rid of any moments since they are all great.
I remember now. I played that before and it was fun so I would love to play that game again!
Old 12-28-2014, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The best advice I can give people right now is that the show isent over none of the characters have an ending at the moment. You never now what can happen at the end of this season or next season. I had a ship on another tv show that I really thought was going to be endgame but in the penultimate episode of the show they broke up and I was devastated even though we had some great episodes before.
What I am trying to say that Hook and Regina will probably not always be happy and their luck could change. rumple might not always be miserable his luck could change.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:59 PM
Passionate Fan

If you've ever seen Othello, you know what it's like to have your heart ripped out and stomped on as you watch a character you like and care about become a villain.

But, Othello plays fair (the show, not the character). You see how each decision is made. You watch as, step by step, the play leads to disaster. You may hate what happens, but you still have a relationship of trust with the writer.

That's what I feel like I'm missing. First, I feel like I needed to see what happened to Gold from Gold's POV. I also could have used some more of Belle's POV, some foreshadowing for how she dealt with Rumple.

Second, I needed to feel more trust for A/E. I need to feel that they understand how I see Rumple and why I care what happens to him. I don't need to feel they agree with me. I just need to feel that playing fair with Rumple matters to them. That, if he implodes, it will be true to his character and not because they got bored and thought this would be a nifty twist.

Part of this lack of trust stems from when they killed off Neal. I feel like they just decided they didn't know what to do with Neal, so they got rid of him. Then, the other characters forgot about him because they'd forgotten about him.

I want to be looking at 4B and wondering if Rumple is going to be Othello or if he's going to be the king from Winter's Tale (Shakespeare, not the movie) who realizes how he's destroying his life and pulls back when it seems like it's too late but it isn't--but I would trust the story.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Othello is a tragedy and it does have the formula of a character having a flaw that leads to the disastrous decision. For Othello it's his inesecurity. I mostly feel bad for Desi and Iagos wife, Cassio, and Radriggo than Othello but as a good Lit major I know my Shakespeare
ouat is not a tragedy although one can argue that some chracters have tragic flaws like Rumple is insecurity, Regina is anger and blaming others, etc. I do believe Neal is still mentioned a lot. you might not agree with his death but he is not forgotten. unlike Graham when I was suprised to hear a mention of him in 4.03 and 4.08
Old 12-29-2014, 04:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:

Good to hear and good idea
Old 12-29-2014, 05:36 AM
Master Fan

OK I'll start to put sometihng together for Rumple, Rumbelle and Belle threads.

I just need to find a model I can use to set it up. I'm not very good and that. Cam is always helpful.

If any of you have suggestions let me know. Best Kiss? moment? quote? Sexiness?

We can do any of those.

It will help the hiatus pass.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
OK I'll start to put sometihng together for Rumple, Rumbelle and Belle threads.

I just need to find a model I can use to set it up. I'm not very good and that. Cam is always helpful.

If any of you have suggestions let me know. Best Kiss? moment? quote? Sexiness?

We can do any of those.

It will help the hiatus pass.
They have gifs of all their kisses on Tumblr if you want to borrow them.