Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Elite Fan

Hopefully Zapple will post more on this but she just reminded me of Gone with the Wind.

The whole Scarlett chasing after Ashley but ultimately really wanting Rhett. That is actually the best example of this whole thing. It fits so perfectly.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread Lisa

Lavon's quotes are usually the best especially when it comes to Zoe's feelings for Wade
Old 11-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That should definitely work for now.

I still really like LL, I'll always have a soft spot for them because I think they could be really good together. They were in the flashbacks. But Lemon chose George over him so many times, that right now, it's weird to me as well. But I still love their friendship..so we'll see where it goes from there.

and I've never read Gone with the wind but I'm sure you're right. As always.

Zade + end of episode

Hart of Dixie 2x01 - I Fall To Pieces
Hart of Dixie 2x03 - If It Makes You Happy
Hart of Dixie 2x04 - Suspicious Minds
Hart of Dixie 2x05 - Walkin’ After Midnight

http://accio-glow.tumblr.com/post/34...end-of-episode
Old 11-03-2012, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That should definitely work for now.

I still really like LL, I'll always have a soft spot for them because I think they could be really good together. They were in the flashbacks. But Lemon chose George over him so many times, that right now, it's weird to me as well. But I still love their friendship..so we'll see where it goes from there.

and I've never read Gone with the wind but I'm sure you're right. As always.

Zade + end of episode

Hart of Dixie 2x01 - I Fall To Pieces
Hart of Dixie 2x03 - If It Makes You Happy
Hart of Dixie 2x04 - Suspicious Minds
Hart of Dixie 2x05 - Walkin’ After Midnight

http://accio-glow.tumblr.com/post/34...end-of-episode
Old 11-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Elite Fan

First if anyone hasn't read or seen Gone with the Wind go and do it now! It is honestly one of the best stories ever. And now that I think about it Zoe is very much like Scarlett.

I'm going to post the quote that Zapple sent me and she can add to it later if she wishes. She found a quote from Rhett to Scarlett that sounds a lot like how Wade talks to Zoe and his happiness speech to her.

Quote:
Rhett : "Yes, sorry because you're such a child, Scarlett. A child crying for the moon. What would a child do with the moon if it got it? And what would you do with Ashley? Yes, I'm sorry for you--sorry to see you throwing away happiness with both hands and reaching out for something that would never make you happy. I'm sorry because you are such a fool you don't know there can't ever be happiness except when like mates like. If I were dead, if Miss Melly were dead and you had your precious honorable lover, do you think you'd be happy with him? Hell, no! You would never know him, never know what he was thinking about, never understand him any more than you understand music and poetry and books or anything that isn't dollars and cents. Whereas, we, dear wife of my bosom, could have been perfectly happy if you had ever given us half a chance, for we are so much alike. We are both scoundrels, Scarlett, and nothing is beyond us when we want something. We could have been happy, for I loved you and I know you, Scarlett, down to your bones, in a way that Ashley could never know you. And he would despise you if he did know.... But no, you must go mooning all your life after a man you cannot understand.
The writers definitely referenced Rhett in this past episode but it was Presley calling George Rhett. But there is no way in hell that George is a Rhett. George is an Ashley and Wade most definitely fits the Rhett role. But it proves that the writers would use Gone with the Wind as a reference for things.

lol now I certainly hope that HoD ends more happily than GwtW did. (Not counting the sequel to GwtW because that is another WTF)
Old 11-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie76 (View Post)
First if anyone hasn't read or seen Gone with the Wind go and do it now! It is honestly one of the best stories ever. And now that I think about it Zoe is very much like Scarlett.

I'm going to post the quote that Zapple sent me and she can add to it later if she wishes. She found a quote from Rhett to Scarlett that sounds a lot like how Wade talks to Zoe and his happiness speech to her.

The writers definitely referenced Rhett in this past episode but it was Presley calling George Rhett. But there is no way in hell that George is a Rhett. George is an Ashley and Wade most definitely fits the Rhett role. But it proves that the writers would use Gone with the Wind as a reference for things.

lol now I certainly hope that HoD ends more happily than GwtW did. (Not counting the sequel to GwtW because that is another WTF)
Great comparison!!! and no, we definitely don't want Zoe & Wade's story end like Rhett & Scarlett's

The Wade I know doesn't cheat! And everything else is just crappy writing!!!
Old 11-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I always wanted to read and watch it, this encouraged me even more.

and wow, what discussions do you have going on BTS, so cool. This part is freakingly spot on.

Also, Jaime retweeted something that reminded me of a certain couple so much.
Quote:
Notebook of Love ‏@Notebook

When two people are meant for each other, nothing can keep them apart.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina82 (View Post)
Great comparison!!! and no, we definitely don't want Zoe & Wade's story end like Rhett & Scarlett's
We can hope that ultimately Zoe is smarter than Scarlett and realizes what she has before it is too late.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa2011 (View Post)
I always wanted to read and watch it, this encouraged me even more.

and wow, what discussions do you have going on BTS, so cool. This part is freakingly spot on.

Also, Jaime retweeted something that reminded me of a certain couple so much.
I still have to watch Notebook. I know that is also used as a comparison to HoD.

LOL....yes the obsession gets carried on in email It does help to bounce ideas around though especially after episodes like this past one.

And yes you should definitely read and watch Gone with the Wind. The movie is great, but the book is even better.

Sorry for the dp
Old 11-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I also havent seen Notebook so yeah, another one to add to the list. I loved all the parallel gifs we had after the finale.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

I saw them too which was great.

I love that scene. It was so sweet.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It was adorable. and you just cant top these two when they smile and speak or kiss at the same time. and then of course the sexiness in the end- when he picks her up again. Perfect package.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie76 (View Post)

Quote:
Rhett : "Yes, sorry because you're such a child, Scarlett. A child crying for the moon. What would a child do with the moon if it got it? And what would you do with Ashley? Yes, I'm sorry for you--sorry to see you throwing away happiness with both hands and reaching out for something that would never make you happy. I'm sorry because you are such a fool you don't know there can't ever be happiness except when like mates like. If I were dead, if Miss Melly were dead and you had your precious honorable lover, do you think you'd be happy with him? Hell, no! You would never know him, never know what he was thinking about, never understand him any more than you understand music and poetry and books or anything that isn't dollars and cents. Whereas, we, dear wife of my bosom, could have been perfectly happy if you had ever given us half a chance, for we are so much alike. We are both scoundrels, Scarlett, and nothing is beyond us when we want something. We could have been happy, for I loved you and I know you, Scarlett, down to your bones, in a way that Ashley could never know you. And he would despise you if he did know.... But no, you must go mooning all your life after a man you cannot understand.

LOL I'm never quick enough to keep up with you guys

IDK why I randomly thought about that last night, I just remembered that quote having really impacted me when I read the book because it is so tragic and sad to miss out a chance at happiness because you are being blind...and then the connection to Z and W's speech was obviously made. I was surprised to see just how similar it actually is when I found it this morning, with the "mooning" and the "throwing away happiness with both hands and reaching out for something that would never make you happy". Plus, the rest fits too about Rhett (W) actually knowing her real self with all its flaws and still loving her.

Oh, I remember how it came to me. It was thinking that if Z continued to be as blind and selfish in the disregard of W and pursuit of G, W would ultimately get fed up of her charade and then he might just walk away and it would be too late for her ("Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn). Now I don't think we'd ever get that far with ZW because it's a comedy, not a tragedy, but the comparison is still interesting.

Oh, and Tracie, why did you have to remind me that that sequel even existed
Old 11-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapple (View Post)
LOL I'm never quick enough to keep up with you guys

IDK why I randomly thought about that last night, I just remembered that quote having really impacted me when I read the book because it is so tragic and sad to miss out a chance at happiness because you are being blind...and then the connection to Z and W's speech was obviously made. I was surprised to see just how similar it actually is when I found it this morning, with the "mooning" and the "throwing away happiness with both hands and reaching out for something that would never make you happy". Plus, the rest fits too about Rhett (W) actually knowing her real self with all its flaws and still loving her.

Oh, I remember how it came to me. It was thinking that if Z continued to be as blind and selfish in the disregard of W and pursuit of G, W would ultimately get fed up of her charade and then he might just walk away and it would be too late for her ("Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn). Now I don't think we'd ever get that far with ZW because it's a comedy, not a tragedy, but the comparison is still interesting.

Oh, and Tracie, why did you have to remind me that that sequel even existed
I don't even know why I never thought of Gone with the Wind before. I haven't read the book in several years although now it is open on my Nook and I think I'll be busy with that for the next week or so until we have a new episode.

Really it is perfect and has me the most excited about all of it. Because Zoe is so clearly a Scarlett. And i know that they made reference to Sex and the City int he first episode, but this fits so much better. Scarlett was a spoiled and selfish child at times who did impulsive things. Scarlett loved Ashley because that is who she was supposed to love someone like him. And Ashley was involved at the time (George & Lemon). And Wade well....Rhett is the best description ever of Wade. That southern bad boy type who actually has a heart of gold in there. You see that with Rhett. And Rhett clearly loves Scarlett to distraction and even once they are together he starts to change for the better and is more mature.

Now hopefully our HoD Scarlett gets her head out of her ass and sees the Rhett she has in front of her and begins to appreciate him a bit more.

lol as for the sequel....yeah I bought it and have never read it. I do have the minseries though. I like the miniseries as a stand alone, but the story never should have been added on to.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't even realize they ended every episode this season so far. Very well deserved

And thanks for the new thread and using Lavon's quote - too great
Closed Thread   Post New Thread