Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2021, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Wade learning not to care about what the town thought of him & Zoe was great though, because it showed how secure he was. I do hope that after several public ZW milestones - Zoe telling Wade that she loves him, them finding out that Zoe's pregnant, & then their wedding, that everyone in town is a full on ZW shipper now
Old 09-19-2021, 05:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Wade learning not to care about what the town thought of him & Zoe was great though, because it showed how secure he was. I do hope that after several public ZW milestones - Zoe telling Wade that she loves him, them finding out that Zoe's pregnant, & then their wedding, that everyone in town is a full on ZW shipper now
I guess but he shouldn’t have had to do that. The town never truly came around. Even at the end. That bs in episode 9 still pisses me off. Like people still thought GZ would give it a go, even if she was pregnant. It was just so irritating. They barely acknowledged that Wade changed. I don’t even think it’s because Wade cheated. I just don’t think that town ever saw Wade as anything other than Crazy Earl’s screw up son who was a bartender, even if he was so much more. All of that is part of way rewatching the show is so irritating for me. Lol. I can watch WZ scenes for the most part (except the idiocy with the cheating or Zoe is yakking about G) but I skip a lot of the rest because I get too frustrated.

-Hannah
Umgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

I think that was more about Dash though in episode 9. He for some reason always thought something would still happen between G/Z. But my impression by the end in the finale the whole town, or at least the people at the hospital were very happy for Wade and Zoe. I think for most of Bluebellians, it came to such a shock for them that ZW even announced that they were together and pregnant because they were so oblivious to all the build up that had been happening around them....the little stuff.

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
JustmissRiss23_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

The BlueBellian were never good with change in any form.

ZW just never had their stuff on displace so the whole town could see. Like Lavon, George, knew because they spent so much time around ZW.
Old 09-19-2021, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think sometimes the writing just got inconsistent for no reason at all. The Bluebellians getting excited about Zoe/George in 4x09 just acted that way to give ZG shippers something to get a bit excited about imo, not because it actually made sense

https://5disilk.tumblr.com/post/83827828091

Old 09-20-2021, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Yeah, I agree. Wade and Zoe didn't really put their relationship out in the open like other relationships in town. But I think that also might have to do with the fact that they started their relationship being secretive from the town. So they were sort of discrete for the most part. Unintentionally maybe. And plus, for all the bluebellians knew, Wade and Zoe weren't in love. Because Wade didn't tell anyone besides Lemon and the only people who knew afterwards were the ones closest to him who just figured it out on their own.

awwww love that kiss!

Old 09-20-2021, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, a lot of people in Bluebell just didn't really get their relationship, because a lot of it was pretty private

One of the highlights of s3
Old 09-20-2021, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Wish that kiss had lead somewhere after all.
Old 09-20-2021, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Me too, I thought that it was gonna have a much bigger effect on the overall storyline
Old 09-21-2021, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Yeah the town really didn't get how serious their relationship was because so much of it wasn't displayed throughout the town. They probably thought it was nothing serious because even when they became a couple they didn't see it coming. Like they didn't see any of that build up from before.

Yes and I agree about the kiss. I thought that kiss was going to be the turning point moment for them because we were at mid-season. But it didn't. We didn't even get anything between them. We only saw Wade and Zoe just push each other away even more.

Old 09-21-2021, 06:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustmissRiss23_ (View Post)
Yeah the town really didn't get how serious their relationship was because so much of it wasn't displayed throughout the town. They probably thought it was nothing serious because even when they became a couple they didn't see it coming. Like they didn't see any of that build up from before.

Yes and I agree about the kiss. I thought that kiss was going to be the turning point moment for them because we were at mid-season. But it didn't. We didn't even get anything between them. We only saw Wade and Zoe just push each other away even more.
It still annoys me. They saw Wade change and they still treated him like ****. It would have been better to see that final bit from the town but whatever. I guess it doesn’t matter. I couldn’t stand most of them anyways. Lol

Yes!! I thought that kiss was going to go somewhere too. The only turning point it led to was Wade moving on which really needed to happen. He needed to move on for his own sake and growth. She needed him to move on to wake up to her feelings but the kiss didn’t really do that for her. Even if she did respond. Such a waste of a kiss.

-Hannah
Old 09-21-2021, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I'm greedy, I want my ship kiss to be good and have meaning
Old 09-21-2021, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I was so frustrated with that episode. They spoiled the kiss in the promo, so I was really pumped thinking this ep would be the end of Joel, & we'd be building towards ZW again. When that didn't happen, I couldn't watch the show again till 3x20.
Old 09-22-2021, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I was so frustrated with that episode. They spoiled the kiss in the promo, so I was really pumped thinking this ep would be the end of Joel, & we'd be building towards ZW again. When that didn't happen, I couldn't watch the show again till 3x20.
Yeah. I feel like that kiss was only the final push Wade needed to move on because of the reaction he got from Zoe. And even though he knew that Zoe was supposedly happy and didn't want to ruin that, there should have been more build up with that kiss to put ZW on the path to reunite. Even if it didn't happen until the end of the season.

Old 09-22-2021, 06:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustmissRiss23_ (View Post)
Yeah. I feel like that kiss was only the final push Wade needed to move on because of the reaction he got from Zoe. And even though he knew that Zoe was supposedly happy and didn't want to ruin that, there should have been more build up with that kiss to put ZW on the path to reunite. Even if it didn't happen until the end of the season.
Yes! The kiss just lead Wade to moving on and he really did. He clearly never expected to have a second chance with Zoe. Which I’ve said before he really needed and Zoe really needed that too. He needed to see that he deserved better (although Vivian wasn’t better lol) and could be in a functional relationship. Zoe needed to see that as well. I don’t think she would have woken up to her feelings for Wade if he didn’t move on. I guess in the end the kiss ended WZ 1.0 and started WZ 2.0. But there absolutely needed to be better build up. Not blink and you miss it build up. I do think RB’s pregnancy probably changed things up. They knew they needed to get WZ to the point where they’d sleep together and she’d get pregnant. They should have just had a one night stand or something and then used that as the reawakening or something and slowly put them back together. Maybe that wouldn’t have shown as much growth. I don’t know.

-Hannah
Reply   Post New Thread