Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-29-2015, 06:53 PM
Master Fan

OOC: None of my characters are yet spoken for. CJ, Nick and Virginia will be open at the party for obvious reasons. Tyler will be... probably harassing Dalton in his office or something.
Mistress of the Marvel Universe
and Roleplaying Board's fairest and kindliest Mod ever!
Old 07-29-2015, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

OOC - I'd like to grab Jack at his party for Lily,LOL.

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
Old 07-29-2015, 11:11 PM
Master Fan

OOC: Randi is open at the party, unless Libby wants to start the twin drama right away Shane might be there if someone wants her. Kristina will be elsewhere and open. Anyone want them? I have literally no plans right now

Just so you know, I wouldn't give it up, no.
Jason Morgan & Sam Mccall

Last edited by Shiri S; 07-29-2015 at 11:17 PM
Old 07-29-2015, 11:11 PM
Elite Fan

Lily Falco
Lily had told Tyler she would check in with if she was going to be out too late and/or all night. She knew he worried if she didn't check in, or have her med.'s with her. He was a good guy. She felt bad sometimes that he had to take care of her so much but thankfully no bad spells had happened since they had been married. With his regular monitoring they hoped to avoid it. Tonight, she was meeting her newest friend, someone she had taken under her wing. Rae DeMoss came off icy to most people but Lily was aware that everyone carries their own demons, and maybe the way she came across had nothing to do with the people she met but something in her past or present. Needlessly to say she was trying to be welcoming to the girl. She remembered when she had been new here and had been both excited and scared. So that was what brought her to the party of the biggest d**chebag on campus, or possibly the nation. Everything about him was like he was trying to be the biggest jerk in any given room. Good news for him - he almost always won. She had been at the party for about twenty minutes and hadn't seen Rae but she hadn't also, thankfully, not seen the Jackh*le. She had a red solo cup in her hand and was drinking cheap beer. She heard two people arguing and looked ahead as a girl walked by her, upset and then a guy followed, crashing into her and making her spill her beer on herself.
"Wonderful."
She muttered to herself. She thought about calling Rae and cancelling, just saying she wasn't feeling to it. But she was here now and she knew she would be in the mood for having fun once she relaxed a little. She walked towards the bathroom to get to clean up and came face to face with Jack.
"A*sface. Well, I knew I'd see you at some point. Guess it was best to get it over, like ripping off a really gross bandaid. By the way, this beer sucks."
Tag Jack

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Old 07-30-2015, 12:54 AM
Master Fan

OOC: My other into posts will not be nearly as massive. Ergh.

Tyler Falco
Teaching assistants were the lifeblood of the pedagogical institution. Tyler knew this to be fact due in no small part to the continued persevering bitching of his own TA, who audibly sighed over every misspelled word, every uncited reference, every blatantly copy-and-pasted Wikipedia paragraph in every paper in his very impressive stack which Tyler delighted in periodically adding to. (“To which Tyler delighted”, he mentally corrected, in Mark’s deadpan growl.) Tyler had spent the last three hours of his uninterrupted office time playing a flash version of Pong, browsing reddit, and getting lost in the labyrinth of TV Tropes while listening to the frustrated noises of his TA grading the latest stack of Psych 100 essays and privately adding a tally in his word doc under the headings of ‘irritable sigh’ ‘nonsensical grunt’ and ‘muffled curse.’ Judging by the ratio, some 2:1:10, his current batch of gen ed frosh dimwits was especially lazy and/or oblivious. Which seemed about right, he thought, squinting and remembering the (mostly hung-over) faces he’d glimpsed during the some 3 or 4 odd lectures he’d actually bothered to teach himself rather than relegating to Mark. He couldn’t blame them, really. Eight AM was an awful time to be alive, much less functioning, much less cognizant and who wanted to squeeze in a restful night’s sleep when the frats and sororities took turns in hosting ragers every night wherein the cheap beer was plentiful and sensible clothing optional? He’d been there. Community college had mostly been a blur, what few paltry memories remained consisted of making out in the library stacks or burning himself on the flat grill of the greasy spoon he’d toiled over to finance his own education (and beer stash.) It was a miracle heaped upon a pile of lesser miracles that he’d graduated, much less succeeded on the GREs, much less bashfully smiled his way through an entrance interview that granted him a spot in NYU’s grad psych program. That he was a desert storm vet might also have neatly scrubbed out his miserable GPA and less than stellar recommendation letters, most of which were acquired through less than reputable means.

Regardless, that had been community college; dipshits were permitted—nay, expected. NYU was a reputable school of a higher caliber, and one could reasonably presume that its rigorous entrance requirements would screen out most of the morons and ne’er-do-wells but Tyler had a gradually-filling word doc of tallies and winky faces that suggested otherwise. Mark was a sharp-tongued, dweeby, but well-meaning boy who hadn’t yet become jaded enough with undergrads to completely give up on them—evidenced by the sheer amount of red pens he’d gone through in the past few weeks, scribbling suggestive remarks and tirelessly correcting errors. He was a recent addition. Tyler hoped he lasted his entire two years with him, because it was getting increasingly difficult to find someone not only competent, decent to look at, and hard-working but also thoroughly unwilling to sleep with him. The combination of all of the above helped his professorial process. For example, he was playing pong and reading a massive list of the tropes birthed from one of his favorite movies (Top Gun) and learning instead of familiarizing himself with the buttons of his TA’s oxford shirt and covertly snapchatting Lily a picture of said TA naked and his own emphatic thumb’s up.

Probably why he was only permitted to have male TAs these days—far fewer of them were so ready and willing to explore the possibility of bisexuality as women to submit to their default mode of heterosexuality, and his office was way too crowded with shit and filing cabinets and pointy drab 80’s furniture to permit anything gymnastic anyway.

At last, after perhaps 2 more essays of increasingly awful quality, Mark called it quits. ”I’m calling it quits for the night, Doctor Falco,” he remarked, emphatically more irritated than usual, rubbing his eyes and capping his red pen with a flourish of disgust. Tyler saved his word doc, innocuously titled with the date, and slowly lowered his laptop screen to click shut just as Mark rose to gather his things. ”Don’t forget I need the answer key for that psychopathology exam by Friday if you expect me to grade them.” He was out the door without another word, green but not green enough to linger behind if he valued his dignity in the least. Tyler stretched, absently, leaning back in his chair to dig around for his phone and peruse the screen for any messages from Lily. She was meeting a friend at a party, her messages explained, and not much else which meant his evening and night were—uncharacteristically—wide open.

He was haunting the doorway of Professor Dalton Reeves’ office less than five minutes later, laptop bag haphazardly slung over one shoulder, obnoxiously sipping the dregs of an old green power smoothie as he waited for whatever tragically doomed film major to quit the room after whining to her advisor how unfair it was that Donnie Darko didn’t do better in theaters. Much to his chagrin (and rising annoyance), it would be a good twenty minutes until his put-upon sighs were given any notice and the girl strode briskly past him into the hallway with a nasty glare. “The sequel was better,” he told her, matter-of-factly, shutting the door behind him just in time to see the outrage skewing her plain, rodent-like features and save himself from any scathing, furious retort.

“Sorry, did I interrupt something important?” Tyler queried innocently, after waiting a beat and meeting Dalton’s silent stare.

[tag: Dalton Reeves]

Last edited by winter soldier; 07-30-2015 at 01:16 AM
Old 07-30-2015, 02:06 PM
Master Fan

Randi

Randi thought this theme was so stupid and yet she was at the party dressed the part. She was never one to turn down a party, especially one she got to play at. Even better, this time they were getting paid in weed. She was good for money right now so she was happily accepting the weed as payment.

Thanks to a number of surgeries since she was sixteen, she could see things a lot better now than she ever could since everything happened and she was able to really enjoy the party. She was considered legally blind now but her vision was still blurry at best. She wouldn't take it over what it was like when she was growing up. She would never be able to drive but she was alright with that because she didn't mind getting rides from other people. It gave her a reason to hang out with them and that was never a bad thing.

There was still a while before The Band went on and she mingling with her peers having a good time. Hearing a familiar voice near by, she turned to see the blurry face of Deacon. "Better be careful or he'll spike your drink" She joked as she stepped towards him and the girl he was talking to. She just grinned when she girl walked away without saying anything. "Oops. Did I say something wrong?" She commented as she took a sip from her red solo cup.

Tag Deacon

Last edited by Shiri S; 07-30-2015 at 02:58 PM
Old 07-30-2015, 10:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Dexter
Full circle. Dexter always hated that saying, yet almost everyone he’d met since he returned to New York have mentioned some variation of how he’s exactly where he started. It was laughable really. If they knew Dexter before Rockport, they’d keep their mouths shut and applaud how instead of coming full circle, he’s elevated his life to something that he could be proud of. NYU. Even Dexter himself was constantly in shock when he realized that he was attending one of the best universities in the country. He had a family. He had weekly phone calls from a parent that was actually interested in what was going on in his life. His father even allowed he and his brother to take time after high school and travel. Dexter was able to see the world. See things he never thought he’d be able to see other than pictures in the book. This is why he decided that journalism was the best fit for him. His travels really allowed him to gain perspective on things. Reflect on the mistakes he has made and allow him to truly embrace being happy and not apologizing for it.

Dexter was actually happy to be back in New York. He loved the city. It was his home for so many years and while it wasn’t filled with the happiest of memories, but it made him the person he was today. The main concern for Dexter was running into his old crowd and coming face to face with his mother. He heard from her once while he was in Rockport and that was more than enough, but he’s been too afraid to make an effort to find her. Would she have gotten her life together? Or would one of her od’s finally have killed her? He didn’t want any distractions. At least not until he was settled to life away from the security of his home.

Dexter took in the party. There were definitely more people, but some of the parties he attended in Rockport could have given this one a run for their money. Thoughts of Rockport caused a stir of emotions. Taking a swig of his drink, he quickly shook the memories out of his head. Moving forward. That was his new mantra. Embrace the new and out with the old. Scanning the crowd, he was looking for a familiar face and thankfully he wasn’t in the middle of a drink, because the poor girl passing by him would have been met with a whisky and coke shower. There before him, clear as day, was Randi DeMoss. His ex-girlfriend. The girl he betrayed. With her own sister no less.

Dexter barged into the bathroom and was thankful it was empty. He hadn’t seen Randi in like a year and she was the last person he expected to see. When Randi found out about he and Rae, she cut them both out of her life. He lost the girl that saved him from depression and really gave him the courage to try for a relationship with his father. Dexter looked at himself in the mirror. He looked ridiculous. How did he let his friends talk him into actually wearing a toga? “Alright, dumbass,” Dexter said to himself. “You’re gonna go say hi. It’s been a year. She’ll be so over it by now.” Dexter tried to psych himself up. He downed the rest of his drink and resigned himself to saying hello.

Dexter made his way quickly out of the bathroom and bulldozed into another partygoer. “I’m so sorry,” He said stabilizing the girl and catching his balance. He finally looked at her and couldn’t help but think the universe was having its own party. “Rae?”
Tag Rae
Old 07-30-2015, 11:57 PM
Master Fan

Shane

"I don't know why I let you talk me into this" The dark haired girl commented to her blonde roommate as they walked into the party together.

Shane had been content to just stay a home studying but Rae insisted on her coming with her. She had been invited to the party and she didn't want to go alone. Shane didn't really like telling people no so she gave him and let Rae dress her up in a toga. It would be her first college party and she was dressed in nothing but a sheet! She hoped not all college parties were like this or she may not being going to many. She just felt naked and she didn't like that.

She stayed close to Rae the entire time and just took in her surroundings. She was so close to her that when a boy bulldozed into Rae and almost knocked her over, Shane got knocked into by her and went crashing down to the ground. It all happened so fast that she wasn't sure who knocked into who. All she knew was that she was on the floor and she had to try not to expose herself as she got up. "I'm okay" She said to no one because Rae seemed to be transfixed on the boy that ran into them.

Tag Rae/Semi tag Dexter

Old 07-31-2015, 08:19 AM
Elite Fan

Spencer
Spencer loosened his collar, aiming for some semblance of casual dress. It was not an easy feat. Cassadine blood demanded his staying on par. He was fitted with an Armani tie at birth, for Christ’s sake. Tonight’s excursion tore him out of his comfort zone, which was precisely the point. The destination ahead was chosen for Mallorie. She’d graciously entered into his world the past month. It stood to reason Spencer would dip a toe in hers. Kristina, of course, thought the whole arrangement doomed. She’d cautioned him the night of the ballet. Mallorie Gates was ten years his junior and remained an undergraduate student. Something interrupted the natural progression of her life. Something spelled train wreck.

Kristina’s protectiveness was unwarranted, of course. The dirty blonde had maturing to do but from the moment they met, she proved leagues above her peers. When Spencer fucked her he became more convinced of her merit. Mallorie Gates was entertainment and worth entertaining. For now. “Sorry, I had a minor adjustment to make. Shall we?” He entered the hotel lobby apologetically. A aura of charm hung overhead as he smiled, dimples emerging. “Don’t wait up, Tim,” he jested, forgoing car service. The doorman smirked and waved. Hotels were second homes to Spencer. He resided in them six months out of the year, renovations and commuting partly to blame. But privacy reigned supreme. No woman was gifted entrance to the Cassadine mansion in the hills. Spencer knew the effect old money had. He had no intention of playing pawn to Anna Nicole worshipers. ‘Nor did he wish to reenact scenes from Fatal Attraction.

Most conquests found his secrecy sensual. The others, God bless them wherever they landed. Mallorie fell into the first camp. “Onto your surprise.” To throw Mallorie off his scent, he’d instructed her to dress to the nines. She was breathtaking and appropriately nervous. “Is your mind racing yet?” Spencer baited, resting his hand ‘round the curve of her hip. “I think you’re going to approve.” For weeks, the duo had dated their way through New York City’s finest establishments. Mallorie’s appreciation of art and culture astounded him. But she was not at ease, not the way Kristina or his colleagues would’ve been. Which led to this. Fifteen minutes of strolling positioned them one corner turn away. “Alright, eyes closed…” He assisted before protest spewed forth. Spencer covered Mallorie’s eyes and guided her forward. Rock music and the smell of nachos welcomed them. The pair stood inside of Astoria Bowl awkwardly. Spencer, because he found himself a fish out of water. Mallorie, because she still couldn’t see. “You can look now. If you dare.”

TAG Mallorie

Rae
Shane’s complaints were met with a deadpan stare. Neither of them wanted to be here, but this was college. Socializing was part of the deal. Those were Lily’s fighting words, and they’d worked. She’d gotten Rae here. Now where was she? The unsure blonde searched the crowd for her friend while Shane sighed. “At least play the part of supportive roommate. We’ll be here an hour, tops. Then we can get back to takeout and studying.” Rae flashed a (somewhat) convincing smile. The truth was, she hated parties. They reminded her of past mistakes, of death and disease. Nothing worth remembering happened at ragers. Hence drinking to forget.

“Let’s find the keg. But first, a bathroom!” Her shouts were barely audible over the stereo. Lily had mentioned a band playing tonight. They must’ve just missed them. Rummaging through her purse, Rae frowned. Lip gloss eluded her. The corners of her lips curved upward at the treasure found instead. She gazed at the crinkled polaroid with nostalgia. Shane raised a curious brow as sadness clouded Rae’s features. She opened her mouth to evade questioning and gasped. Having the wind knocked out of a person did that. Shane fell to the floor, irritated, while her roommate caught her breath. Rae coughed and searched the ground for her picture. She tucked it in her jacket upon recovery. Then the next blow hit.

“Rae?” The familiar voice caused her to freeze. In the corner of her mind she registered Shane’s comment. The fall hadn’t caused permanent damage. Rae wanted to reply but anxiety gripped her throat tightly. It took a full minute of breathing in and out to address him…the ghost from her past. “Dex..Dexter,” she stuttered in disbelief. “I, um, it’s been awhile.” It’s been awhile? Rae wanted to kick herself. She sounded challenged. And she shouldn’t even be engaging. If he was real. She pinched herself on the arm. Ouch. Yes, Dexter was real. Her eyes darted back and forth nervously. He stepped forward, she stepped back. When Rae imagined tonight, this scenario never crossed her mind. She was at a loss. “What are you doing here?”

Deacon
“Zeus, Apollo, Krios…you tell me.” Deacon shrugged, uninterested, as a gaggle of Aphrodite impersonators sized him up. He’d twisted a tablecloth around his waist and called it a day. No thought went into the ensemble. Planning would’ve meant he cared about parties. Deacon was here for the weed. His preference was money, but someone fucked that up royally. The obvious culprits were Aurora or Virginia. He ignored the flashing ‘I book gigs’ sign above the pair and blamed Nick. It was more satisfying to be pissed at his roommate. “Take a picture, why don’t ya?” Giggling, his admirers scattered. All but one. She touched his chest while Deacon lit a cigarette. He could work with this. His hands moved down, to feel her in places unseen, when Randi spoke. Her roofie humor sent the freshman running. Great. Now she’d cry to her sisters about escaping a date rapist. Thank God The Band wasn’t sorority focused. He couldn’t handle it.

“Say something wrong? You? That would be so out of character.” Deacon grabbed Randi’s cup to refill. They downed a beer each before silence faded. He leaned close, breath hot against his favorite blind girl’s ear. “What if I told you pay up? For the one you cost me.” Her resistance caused him to stumble. Randi shoved him twice a day, minimum. Her grin told another story. “Tease. It’s the men who should hide their alcohol from you.” The duo laughed, all the while scanning the crowd. Their set was due in ten minutes. Nick, Virginia, and Aurora were missing in action. “This better be some hallucination-inducing weed. It’s a dick move for Jack to pay up at the end.”

Last edited by Captivating; 07-31-2015 at 12:55 PM
Old 07-31-2015, 03:44 PM
Master Fan

Jack O’Donnell
It had seemed like a good idea at the time. Watching the animated version of Alice and Wonderland while gorging on a bag of shrooms. It even started out as a good time. His generally dull pre-party ritual of cleaning, locking away all the valuables and preparing his outfit for the evening was enhanced the moment the shrooms kicked in. Everything had an aura, the apartment providing a kaleidoscope of color. Jack would pause while vacuuming to observe sound waves emanating from the rollers in shades of purple and blue. The smoke wafting off the edge of the cigarette that hung loosely in the side of his mouth ballooned like a translucent bubble. As CJ and Daisy flitted about the flat, he gawked on in slacked jaw fascination as time bubbles emanated from their bodies in a trajectory they were helpless to follow. Briefly Jack wondered if that meant he should anticipate a jet engine crashing through the roof of his bedroom.

He’d know the answer to that question if a man in a bunny suit named Frank woke him up later that night.

As the hours progressed and their guests began to trickle in, his relatively joyful trip was gradually turning into something more nightmarish. The room around him seemed to shrink and increase in size depending on whatever food he put in his mouth. Cheetos made the room shrink. Ranch Dorritos made the room grow large in scale. He later found himself preoccupied with a rodent running around the flat that only he seemed to notice. It was white and it was weird and it wore a tuxedo. Jack dashed under tables and behind chairs, trying to catch it, concerned it might pose a hazard to his guests.

He was in the middle of chasing that bastard now, the laurel wreath around his head hanging precariously off an ear after having run into one too many innocent party guests amidst his epic game of cat and mouse with the imaginary white rodent when he suddenly found himself turning a corner in the hallway and finding himself face to face with the one and only evil red queen of Wonderland herself. Lily Falco’s scowl looked terribly distorted on her shrunken head to Jack’s drug addled mind. When she spoke, it was like nails on a chalkboard and he visibly flinched, immediately sticking both fingers in his ears. “No shit you would see me, Sherlock, seeing as how I live here and all.” Insulting his beer selection did not exactly endear her to him. Frankly, Pabst Blue Ribbon was still too good for the likes of her trashy self. “What are you even doing here? You sure as hell weren’t fucking invited.”

Mallorie Gates
The dress was her sister’s. As were the dangly diamond earrings. And the shoes. Amanda Gates had even helped her with her make-up, suggesting that Mallorie’s typical raccoon styled eyeliner probably would not suffice for an evening that required she dress to the nines. She didn’t even really know what that meant when Spencer Cassadine said it to her at first, merely nodded and smiled and then ran straight to her big sister for clarification. Mallorie gates generally did not do sophisticated. The closest thing to a dress she owned in her closet had been an oversized Beatles t-shirt she had reshaped into a dress with the help of some crafty scissor work and the clever use of a belt.

“I feel like Vivian Ward in Pretty Woman.” Amanda had rolled her eyes at her younger sister in the mirror as she let loose the last curl of Mallorie’s hair. No need to be melodramatic. Need I remind you, you’re not a whore? Mallorie wiggled her eyebrows up and down teasingly in response, before scrutinizing her look in the mirror. She felt pretty. It had been a long time since she felt this pretty, since she felt excited.

Spencer Cassadine was more of the same, to be sure, but Mallorie was trying a new approach: the non-clingy, batshit crazy girlfriend who calls and texts every other second of the day when the guy is not around kind of approach. Amanda was helping her with that as well. Anytime it seemed like her fingers might be getting a little too trigger happy, Amanda would confiscate Mallorie’s cellphone and lock it away in her office. Or simply remind Mallorie of how it was she came to live with her older sister in the first place. Do you want to find yourself stranded at a Las Vegas payphone with only two dollars and thirty-five cents to your name again? No. No she did not. So Mallorie was playing it cool and not letting herself get attached. Much.

She had been doing a good job of obscuring her anxiousness, curious as ever as to what new spectacular surprise Spencer had planned. When he placed his hands over her eyes, her initial reaction was to flail and protest wildly but the voice of Vincent Vega suddenly came to her and crooned, Be cool at the back of her head. And so Mallorie was cool. Cool as a cucumber. Until the familiar smell of nachos wafted against her nose. The large toothy grin she wore slowly began to ebb. She was not dressed for a place that smelled like nachos. Not at all. Her eyes remained tightly squeezed shut several long seconds after he had removed his hands and when she opened them, her stomach lept into her throat. As impressive as the idea of Spencer Cassadine stooping to the level of mere common folk such as herself and choose a bowling alley for a date was, she wished she had been a little more prepared for the setting.

“Are we lost?” She asked, side eyeing Spencer with an all too cheeky smile. “Or is this just a little pit stop, perhaps?” Mallorie was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but the mischievous glint in his eye suggested this was indeed his intended destination. “I hate to be the one to inform you of this, my friend, but we are significantly overdressed for a bowling alley. Me especially.” Or hadn’t he noticed?

Last edited by degausser; 07-31-2015 at 03:53 PM
Old 07-31-2015, 10:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Daisy
Daisy gazed at herself in the full-length mirror in her bedroom. Her room looked like a disaster, as she had to try on everything she owned before she realized that it was a toga party. Now, dressed in a white sheet, she couldn’t help but wonder if another sheet would look better. This was all new to Daisy. School and education were always her priorities. Her studiousness was a way she was hoping to gain her father’s attention, but, like most things growing up, nothing did. She was on her own and that thought frightened her more than she liked to admit. The music blaring from outside her door brought her out of her contemplation. She definitely wouldn’t be alone tonight. She questioned her decision to move into this apartment. Aside from her having two male roommates, they weren’t exactly the type of people she thought she’d ever consider her friends. But after the disaster of throwing herself at Spencer Cassadine, her college professor, she realized she needed to get out more. None of the college boys she has met…through various outings and small talk when making deals with Jack have left much to be desired, but there is always the hope that some amazing guy would come and sweep her off her feet and give her something to live for other than her 4.0G.P.A.

Jack and CJ were actually good to her. For the most part, when Jack wasn’t high off his ass, was actually pretty considerate and even let her watch her “girly” movies every once in a while. It was all a part of the new leaf she promised herself she’d turn over. Placing her hair in a long braid, she pinned it around her head and applied a small flower to hide the pin. Knowing a lot about Roman history, Daisy was determined to make herself look as realistic as possible…probably the nerd in her, but she was having fun with it. With a deep breath, Daisy made her way out of her room and tried her best to hide the overwhelming feelings as she saw the crowds of people awaiting her outside.

Making her way over to the beverage station, there was someone in her way. “Excuse me, could you hand me the rum?”
Open

Nolan
Nolan was never one to shy away from a party. Maybe it was the excuse to be reckless and high. Maybe it was the ability to have attention all on him. Maybe it was the chance to drown out the gnawing doubts about life and his current path. Nolan tried not to think about it too much, or at least tried to drown out the thoughts with whatever he could get his hands on. Thankfully, he was at Jack’s place. This allowed him access to a multitude of mind-altering substances that allowed his escape from his own disdain more obtainable. Jack. Kind of shrew of the male species, but he had good sh/it. The last time he and Jack had been at a party, Nolan almost let his guard down, but before Nolan lost his gay virginity, he wised up and got the hell out of there. Jack doesn’t remember a thing…or he’s really good at pretending. Nolan on the other hand remembers every moment extremely vividly. The sloppy kissing, the inexperienced caresses, they haunted him. It was a struggle that has plagued him since he was a teenager. Sure, his brother was supportive, but it wasn’t enough. Growing up, he had a distinct plan. Get famous. Get married. Have a family. Being gay wasn’t part of the plan and even though Hollywood and the Nation has “embraced” the gay, it doesn’t mean it comes without any disadvantages especially in show business.

Nolan took solace in Jack’s bedroom. It was a quiet place that drowned out the music and allowed him to gear up for the party. He sprinkled some white powder over the weed he had laying in a small wrapper and rolled it like he had been rolling them all his life. An accomplished smirk grew on his face as if he had never seen anything more perfect that the joint he hand between his two fingers. Bringing it to his mouth, he lit the end and took an inhale that had an almost seductive quality to it. Alternating between puffs and drinks of his whiskey, Nolan was well on his way to a good time. Which is why he was slightly annoyed when someone entered the room.
Open

Dexter
Dexter tried to form any rational thought. Anything, but there was nothing. Could this really be happening? Randi and Rae were in New York. Did they come here together? Were they able to mend their relationship after Dexter destroyed the seemingly unbreakable bond they shared their entire lives? “Sorry about your friend.” Not even acknowledging Shane…mostly cause he couldn’t take his eyes off of Rae. More awkward silence until Dexter made move forward to potentially hug her. Rae quickly matched his movement in the opposite direction, which he’d be lying if he said it didn’t sting. They were never able to get passed losing Randi. Even when they finally admitted that there might have been more to their little tryst, Rae stayed away and Dexter eventually obliged. He didn’t have a choice really. After high school, Rae vanished. Even when he asked Johnny if he’d heard from her at all, there was nothing. Like she fell off the face of the earth.

“What are you doing here?” That was certainly a loaded question. He wanted to tell her everything. He wanted to talk like they used to when he, Randi and Rae would hang out together. Tell her everything experienced. Tell her how excited he was to be attending NYU. Tell her he was happy to see her. But she didn’t want to hear any of that. She wanted to know how and why after all this time they were bumping into each other at a random toga party. The answer to that question was relatively simple. “Um…I live here now. I started at NYU this fall.” It was straight to the point. Rae seem conflicted on whether she wanted to engage, or if she just wanted to make it quick and get the hell out of there. Dexter wanted more. He wanted to apologize for losing touch. Even though it was her choice, he could have fought harder. But he’d never say that. Not with all the history that flowed through them. “What about you?” Lame, but he wasn’t quite ready to play the passing former high school pals scene out yet. They deserved more than that.
Tag Rae/Semi-tag Shane
Old 08-01-2015, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooc: Forewarning, I am very rusty. Also, if anyone wants Aurora, please tag her. I am rubbish at the first tag. Aurora is totally claimed kthxbai.

Dalton
Dalton’s mouth formed words of thanks, silent and over-enunciated. This thankfulness was followed by the hanging of his head and the rubbing of the back of his neck. It had been a long day and Dalton wore the telltale signs of being mentally taxed. There were dark shadows under his eyes and the bent brokenness of poor posture being exacerbated by hovering over his desk for too many hours. “Have I mentioned that office hours are the bane of my existence,” he said through a sigh. “And something more important than you, I didn’t know you knew something like that existed”.

Truth be told, Dalton wasn’t much good with staying put. Despite panache for staying steadfastly loyal to whomever he hitched his chassis to, his superlative qualities were dampened by the banal and uncreative. Even in war his creative maneuverings were what set him apart from his peers, well, that and hardheadedness very few could counter. When he finally looked up to regard his friend with the wry expression of someone exasperated, he gestured to the open seat in which the pert sophomore who Ty had felt the need to needle had just before occupied. “I don’t know how you do the gracefully disheveled thing but I suspect its Lily’s doing, not yours and I hate you both”.

Dalton shuffled some papers around. These papers were mostly loose, a sort of controlled chaos that others might have difficulty understanding, but one that left his office looking as if it more or less belonged to a semi-professional. On the walls hung a variety of movie posters, some of famous films that he hated but felt compelled to teach to anyway, some posters of art house flicks that had touched him in some way, a Weekend at Bernie’s poster at dead center, and small,tucked away in the corner of the office, neatly hidden behind a cabinet, was a yellowing copy of his first film hit poster. His liked it obscured.

The lights in the office were obnoxiously bright, purposefully installed to instill in Dalton a sense of alertness. There were three lamps, and one white, overhead light which painted Ty in florescent golden light. He looked spry. Asshole. “And to answer your question, no, she’s making a thesis film. I didn’t like what she had to show me. She didn’t like that I didn't like what she had to show me.” Succinct and to the point with Ty who despite his many fine qualities lacked a love of all things cinema, Dalton didn’t feel the need to continue. Instead he flicked his eyes to his desktop clock, smile playing at his features when he realized the time. “So...I forgot the coffee date, again, huh?”

Last edited by winter soldier; 08-01-2015 at 01:26 AM
Old 08-01-2015, 12:52 AM
Elite Fan

Lily Falco
"One of my friends was and I don't trust you around the new and innocent for ten seconds - besides over half the people at this party weren't invited, Fido."
The worst part about Jack was that when she had first seen him from across a room, she hadn't thought he looked half bad. Then she had made the mistake of talking to him. She looked at him and rolled eyes.
"Can you not be on something for five minutes? What is it this time?"
Lily had taken a few recreational drugs before, but most of the time she was pretty straight laced - drinking conservatively (because of the pills she was on) and rarely doing anything harder than the occasional Ecstasy or weed. Jack literally made her gag reflesh go into effect at random times from amazing powers of dou**ebaggery. Lily thought longing about watching Nat Geo Wild or Animal Planet with snacks in her footie pjs inside of dealing with this. She truly hated this music. What was the point of music without lyrics? She took a sip of her gross beer. She imagined this beer is roughly what Jack O'Donnell tasted like - unsatisfying and cheap. Everytime she saw him she had the urge to strike out with violence. Mostly directed at his face and/or nuts. Lily had never really been much for violence...unless agreed upon in a sexual relationship, by both parties. Some spanking, flogging, or even hair pulling could be fun...as long as it was in fun. But the kind of violence Jack's face and/or voice drew up in Lily was not the fun kind. It was the kind that could easily get the cops called. And yet that little flirting with the dark side of her was oddly addictive, as long as it was managed and not done too often, and as long as no actual violence ever came of it.

Old 08-01-2015, 01:25 AM
Master Fan

OOC: Staking my claim on Aurora with CJ, since none of my other characters are in demand. Tag to come later tonight. Yes, I AM monopolizing Mandy, why do you ask?
Old 08-01-2015, 03:19 AM
Elite Fan

OOC - Em, I don't think Nick is in play so...now he is.

Finley
Finley wasn't generally speaking the type of person to go to this kind of party. Every now and then though, she would surprise even herself. She walked in and got a beer. Truth was she kind of hated beer, more of a cocktail kind of girl, but beer was the thing to drink at these things and she refused to rob herself of the whole experience. Even if she kinda hated parts of it. Finley looked around, moving her cup from hand to hand, she was hoping to spot someone she knew and after a little looking she spotted Nick from the music program. They were both in the same, but Nick had actual music business experience and she just had had a lot of different instructors. Sometimes she felt like that was to her disadvantage. Every person left a positive or negative mark (or stain) on her style. She wasn't fully her own musician anymore. She walked over to Nick and smiled lightly.
"Hey, I feel like such a reject right now. Guess it shows how little socializing I do....I only recognize three people in this room. You, that girl over there who I said hi to once freshmen year, and that weird guy in the corner who I caught sniffing my hair in my biology lecture. So I guess I'll talk to you for a few minutes if thats cool."
She grinned.
"You can even sniff my hair if you really want to, but you might make that dude really jealous."
She teased, trying to be friendly. They had mostly seen each other in class and/or campus settings so she didn't know how exactly he acted outside of class. She went with her best friendly hopefully not too creepy, maybe even charming enough to get her way and not have to stand alone at a party for a while.
Tag Nick

Last edited by AtomicEmpress; 08-01-2015 at 08:09 PM