Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 02:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
Alex, have you checked the wal-mart music video by Mr. Ghetto? is one of the grossest yet funniest things I've ever seen.

Black Mirror is one of the best mini series to ever be created, won the international Emmy for best mini series in 2012 and was completely snubbed in the Baftas.. YOU SHOULD REALLY WATCH IT. YOU TOO NINA. EVERYONE SHOULD. IS REALLY AMAZING.
Black Mirror - was that the show Charlie Brooker wrote and was on Channel 4? I watched that, it was really good. Made you think a lot.
Nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands.
Freddie♥Belicon by hauntes
Old 01-24-2013, 02:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Don't mention Coppola's version of Dracula, Roon. I absolutely hated that. It was totally unfaithful to Bram Stoker's novel and did a great disservice to the characters of Jonathan and Mina Harker. The movie made Jonathan look like a fool and Mina look like a silly girl who never even cared about him, when in the novel they were totally devoted to each other and even willing to die for the other. When Mina was infected by Dracula's blood, said she'd rather have Van Helsing kill her than allow herself to become a threat to Jonathan, and Jonathan said he'd rather become a vampire himself than let Mina spend eternity alone.
Oh I agree with all of that, Im not mad about the film as a whole, especially about Jonathan and Mina, but.... Gary Oldman's portrayal of Dracula makes me watch it! Mind you Gary Oldman does that in pretty much all his movies. When I think of Dracula its always Gary O I picture in my mind.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenwyn (View Post)
Black Mirror - was that the show Charlie Brooker wrote and was on Channel 4? I watched that, it was really good. Made you think a lot.
YES! That one is coming back I think next month, the promo came out yesterday and I watched it easy like 50 times.

Nina I always remember The Body when someone mentions the 5th season of BTVS.. because I think that episode is one of the best things I've ever seen in Television.. but I honestly hated Dawn.. the whole key plot.. yeah no, I didn't like that.. but then again I haven't watched that season in MANY years so I might change my mind when I re-watch. But so far I just have S1 and S2 on DVD. S2 is definitely my favorite.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
Alex, have you checked the wal-mart music video by Mr. Ghetto? is one of the grossest yet funniest things I've ever seen.

Black Mirror is one of the best mini series to ever be created, won the international Emmy for best mini series in 2012 and was completely snubbed in the Baftas.. YOU SHOULD REALLY WATCH IT. YOU TOO NINA. EVERYONE SHOULD. IS REALLY AMAZING.
No, I haven't seen that, May, but I'll have to now. And thanks for the info on Black Mirror.

I understand what you're saying about Gary Oldman, Roon. But I got the sense that he wasn't really playing Dracula as Bram Stoker evisioned him, he was actually playing a character closer to Barnabas Collins from Dark Shadows, if you've ever seen that old 60's show. Not that Johnny Depp movie.

Hey, Ellie! I've missed you! I hope you're doing okay and your mom is doing well! Have you seen the new promo for The Borgias with the Cesare/Lucrezia scene?
Old 01-24-2013, 10:15 PM
Elite Fan

I adored all the Dawn and Spike moments.

Frankly, all the vampire shows/movies after that... idek... whatever.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-25-2013, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

I feel so tired I could fall asleep at work.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

Aw Arinna hope its a not too busy day at work for you then

Very snowy here today, Im actually hoping it gets heavy so I have an excuse to hibernate for a few days and stay cosy indoors, had a busy week this week, could do with an excuse to make popcorn and snuggle up the couch with my son watching Pixar movies
Old 01-25-2013, 06:32 AM
Elite Fan

Hey Alex, I'm doing ok thanks Yeah, I saw it and squeed about it on the thread a few days ago Season 3 looks like it's going to be good!
Nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands.
Freddie♥Belicon by hauntes
Old 01-25-2013, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks, Roon! My day went good and now I'm at home. I love Fridays.

Where are you, Ellie? You've been missed here!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Did you 'ship Spike/Dawn, Nina? I never thought of that one. But I like the idea. Dawn definitely had bigger......wooden stakes than her sister. Did you ever see the original Dark Shadows?

Hey, Ellie! I'm glad that everything's okay. And I can't wait for season three either!

Aww, that sounds great, Roon! I hope you and your son have a nice time, and stay indoors where it's warm. I forgot, do you live near Edinbourgh? And is it pronounced Edinbourgh or Edinbourough?
Old 01-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Master Fan

Alex.. REALLY? checking Michelle out when she was like 15? .. I CAN'T EVEN WITH YOUR PERVINESS.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No, not back then, May. I mean now......or at least when she did Euro Trip. But I can understand why someone would ship Spike/Dawn. After all, Buffy was only 16 when she fell in love with Angel.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:22 PM
Master Fan

Nice way to change subjects.. btw.
I shipped Bangel so bad I was never part of the BTVS fandom, I was too young when I watched the show, and suddenly I realize everyone hates them and love Spuffy.. and I didn't hate Spuffy but I never shipped them. Never got it.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think anyone hated Bangel, May. Bangel was the main Buffy ship for the first three seasons. I think after Angel left for his own show and Spuffy started happening that the fandom kind of split. There were those who shipped Buffy/Spike and Angel/Cordelia, and those who remained Buffy/Angel faithful to the end.
And then there are the Angel/Spike shippers that came along during Angel's final season when they teamed up.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:17 PM
Master Fan

That season was awful.. I was a big Xander/Willow shipper too.. UNTIL THE VERY END. The season 6 finale broke my heart because HE was the one that "cured" her.. that scene.. OMG sometimes I think S6 was only worth for that scene..
Closed Thread   Post New Thread