Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2015, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think I saw few promo pictures posted here. They made her look so old and I didn't like them.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:57 PM
Elite Fan

As I said, she didn't look like that in the series. I don't understand what it is with the promo pics.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-27-2015, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Nina! It's good to see you back again!

I'm sorry I can't stay and talk. I have to leave for work, but I hope you'll be back soon! I'm off on Thursday and Friday. Take care and have a good night, and I hope I see you soon!
Old 01-27-2015, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

I swear tumblr is such a hateful piece of rubbish tonight... took me 30min to upload this... next... at some point if tumblr allows me Assumpta as KoA and Ray Winstone as Henry VIII – but for now from last week's episode of "Wolf Hall", Joanne as KoA and Damian Lewis as Henry VIII. At some point I might make a better screencap collage when I have more time... but this is it for now. Joanne is totally rocking purple!

Source: Born To Die

Have fun at work, Alex!

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-27-2015, 11:44 PM
Master Fan

I completely forgot this was already on! I'll check if it's available at the site where I usually watch my shows.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:21 AM
Elite Fan

I'm sure. It's all over my tumblr... although mostly Anne Boleyn who for some reasons seems to have heaps of fangirls.

Old 01-28-2015, 11:15 AM
Master Fan

I thought Anne B had the followers/fans because of Natalie Dormer and because they shipped her hard with JRM in The Tudors?
Old 01-28-2015, 05:04 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe that's part of it in recent years but among all those history fangirls Anne Boleyn was always in high regard. Just look at how many historical novels are written about her. In all fairness as awful as I found "The Tudors" at times from a historical point of view, they did well enough in terms of casting over all.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Nina! Glad to see you back!

Yeah, Anne Boleyn has always had a fan following to those who keep up with historical drama and documentaries.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:38 PM
Elite Fan

Katherine Parr was always my favourite of the wives tbh. But we won't see her on Wolf Hall. Anyway, see above the screencaps I promised. I have recorded the second episode but haven't got around to watching yet.

Old 01-30-2015, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for those screencaps, Nina! I love Ray Winstone as an actor! And that purple really does stand out on Joanne.

What does K of A stand for again?
Old 01-31-2015, 02:45 PM
Elite Fan

That's Damian Lewis in "Wolf Hall". Ray Winstone was the Henry VIII to Assumpta's KoA in some BBC TV movie from a few years back which also featured Emily Blunt, Charles Dance and Helena Bonham Carter. I have the DVD now so I might make some screencaps later.

Haven't watched the latest episode of "Wolf Hall" yet but when I do and I hope I can bring over more screencaps of Joanne. She does look great in purple. I also think the costume designer did a good job with the accessories – the necklace and especially the garble hood which in other Tudor related movies always looks so clunky and unflattering.

KoA = Katherine of Aragon, Henry VIII's first wife.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ahh, thanks, Nina! Emily Blunt is one of my fave actresses right now. I'd love to see some screencaps from that BBC show.

And I'd love to see more flattering caps of Joanne. Some of those other ones didn't do her justice, like they aged her.
Old 01-31-2015, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

Well, let's take heart in the pretty pictures of Joanne that I have posted, shall we?

Emily Blunt played Kathryn Howard, the ill-fated 5th wife.

I'll see that I get to it this coming week.

Old 01-31-2015, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, Nina. And I always take heart in the pretty Joanne pics you post.

Ouch, so I guess Emily ended up getting killed?