Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2015, 05:03 PM
Elite Fan

She did. Well, Kathryn Howard did. In all honesty I always found her death even more appalling than Anne Boleyn's. With Anne you could say, well, she took a gamble and she lost (of course that doesn't justify convicting her on made-up charges and killing her), but Kathryn was just a girl, naïve, uneducated, careless and given very bad counsel. I read that when they exhumed Anne Boleyn's body in the Tower (and those of a few others), they couldn't find Kathryn Howard's remains because she was not fully grown so that her bones hadn't properly calcified and therefore decomposed more quickly. I know it's silly but that really made me sad. As murder of children usually does.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-31-2015, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Woah, how old was Emily Blunt when she filmed this? Was her character a teenager or something?
Old 01-31-2015, 06:03 PM
Elite Fan

I think Emily was 19 or 20 when this was filmed. As for the historical character she played: Of course back in the day birth dates were often not correctly recorded but Kathryn Howard was about that same age when she was executed. I think the earliest they put her potential date of birth was 1521, the latest 1525 and she died in 1542.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-31-2015, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So she was around the same age as Emily was when she played the character. And she wasn't fully developed yet? She must have had something wrong with her, or had been sick. Most people finish growing around 20.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:24 PM
Elite Fan

Well as I said the date of birth wasn't recorded back then, she might as well have only just turned 17. Also back in the day people didn't have the best of diets obviously. Anyway, back on "The Tudors" she was played by Tamzin Merchant (who was on "Bonekickers" with David Oakes by the way) and I'm really not a terribly emotional person but her death scene and everything leading up to it made me cry, it upset me so much.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So her character was also on the Tudors as well? I really should try to watch that someday. Thanks for the info, Nina. Man, how long ago was that show on the air that Emily Blunt was only 19 or 20 when it aired?

And I hope to see your Joanne screencaps soon.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:41 PM
Elite Fan

No, look – Emily played Kathryn Howard in a 2-part TV movie called "Henry VIII". It also featured Assumpta Serna who was Vanozza on "Borgia" as KoA.
Tamzin played Kathryn Howard on "The Tudors". Tamzin and David Oakes were together on a show called "Bonekickers" in 2008.

There are so many shows and movies on the bloody Tudors, it's easy to mix that up.

I didn't get around to it today. Hopefully soon though. Fingers crossed.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:02 PM
Master Fan

I just read Harry Lloyd is in this show? shame I kinda got spoiled thanks to Charlie Brooker's Wipe cause he had a segment where they were kinda mocking the whole show.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:31 AM
Elite Fan

I think he plays Henry Percy, Anne Boleyn's first husband. I don't know what's there to mock.

I loved to hate his character on "Manhattan" – best new show of all last year tbh.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

Source:
Old 02-07-2015, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
No, look – Emily played Kathryn Howard in a 2-part TV movie called "Henry VIII". It also featured Assumpta Serna who was Vanozza on "Borgia" as KoA.
Tamzin played Kathryn Howard on "The Tudors". Tamzin and David Oakes were together on a show called "Bonekickers" in 2008.

There are so many shows and movies on the bloody Tudors, it's easy to mix that up.

I didn't get around to it today. Hopefully soon though. Fingers crossed.
Oh, okay. Sorry, I do get mixed up when it comes to all those shows. But that's the one that Emily did when she was 19-20 years old, right? And it's interesting that David keeps working with all these people on these shows. He gets around. I hope you can post those screencaps soon, Nina.

Thanks for the gifs, Christine! Those from that same show?
Old 02-07-2015, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nice gifs.
Old 02-07-2015, 07:51 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks so much for the gif set, Christine. I totally have to reblog this if I ever get back into using tumblr.

Alex - very busy at the moment but I haven't forgotten. I'll get there eventually.

Old 02-08-2015, 03:28 PM
Elite Fan

Twitter posted pics have bad habit of not showing up here so if that happens with this one click on source it'll take you to the TW & Why the pics they released 1st off had Joanne looking so old is beyond me she looks stunning here.

Source:
Old 02-08-2015, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I know, Christine. It's like they have a bias against Joanne looking as good as she actually does.

Okay, thanks, Nina! I'll wait for them!