Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nina, because she's a real person.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Elite Fan

I thought she's Canadian. I guess she had Bulgarian ancestors then. So which historical person would you like her to play on "The Borgias"? I guess she could pass as Sancia's sister. Too bad Ludovico already killed her husband in the first season.

Who played Gian Galeazzo on the show anyway? I think that was in episode four or five when Ascanio went to visit his brother...

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sancia's sister was my idea as well. Yes, she has Bulgarian roots. Her parents immigrate from Bulgaria when she's only 2 years old. However, she knows Bulgarian and she insisted that scene in TVD where her character Katherina is speaking Bulgarian. I'm so proud of her.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Elite Fan

Well that's nice. People seem to forget so quickly. I wish there were more flashbacks to Katherine's time as a human.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 06-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

There was only one episode sadly.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:36 AM
Elite Fan

I wanted to see more. Pity.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Same with me.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

I wish we could get more flashbacks of human Katherine. I really want to know who was the father of her baby.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Elite Fan

That would have been interesting. There was too little Katherine in the last series.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm voting YES on that note!
Old 06-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Elite Fan

I just watch "Dangerous Beauty" and now I want Catherine McCormack and/or Jacqueline Bisset to guest-star. Albeit it got a bit cheesy towards the end I think the movie was better than its rep.

Old 06-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Elite Fan

You know, I thought we could do the following just for fun (we all know that NJ is not very good with integrating actual historical personae into his show): Make a list of historical persons who played a role - especially in Italy at the time interacting with the Borgia that haven't been cast yet (that can go for either show actually: like Caterina Sforza was cast on "The Borgias" but not yet on "Borgia", or Alfonso D'Este (and heaps of other people) was cast on "Borgia" but not yet on "The Borgias", some character haven't been cast on either show yet - so we could make a list and then come up with our ideas who'd be ideal for the role? Anyone interested?

Old 06-12-2012, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am, but I can't think of an actor, who can play it.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Elite Fan

Who can play who? I thought we start out by making a list of historical people and then we add our casting choices as they come to us.

Starting with the famly perhaps

only interesting for flashbacks, I guess, Rodrigo's siblings (one brother, three sisters), his oldest son and daughter:

Pedro Luis
Juana
Tecla
Beatrice
Pedro Luis (1458-1488)
Girolama (1469-1483)

Isabella Borgia (second daughter)
Juan Borgia-Lanzol (nephew and cardinal)
Angela Borgia-Lanzol (great-niece) - Borgia: Valentina D'Agostino; The Borgias: (?) Amanda Seyfried (April's, Nelly's & Nina's suggestion)

Alfonso d'Aragón (Lucrezia's 2nd husband) - The Borgias: Sebastian de Souza (Augustus Prew)
Sancia d'Aragòn (Joffre's 1st wife) - The Borgias: Emmanuelle Chriqui; Borgia: Eliska Krenkova
Maria Enriquez d'Aragòn (Juan's wife) - Borgia: Monica Lopera
Giovanni Sforza (Lucrezia's 1st husband - The Borgias: Ronan Vibert, Borgia: Manuel Rubey
Alfonso D'Este (Lucrezia's 3rd husband) - Borgia: Andrew Hawley; The Borgias: (?) Melvil Poupaud (Nina's suggestion)
Charlotte D'Albret (Cesare's wife) -
Maria de Mila (Joffre's 2nd wife) -

Caterina Sforza- The Borgias: Gina McKee
Ludovico Sforza - The Borgias: Ivan Kaye
Isabella d'Aragòn (widow of Ludovico's nephew Gian Galeazzo †, Sancia's and Alfonso's sister) - Nina Dobrev (Arinna's suggestion)
Francesco Gonzaga - The Borgias: Patrick O'Kane
Guidobaldo de Montefeltro - Borgia: Dave Legeno
Elisabetta Gonzaga (wife of Montefeltro, sister of Francesco) -
Isabella D'Este (wife of Francesco Gonzaga, sister of Alfonso and Beatrice) - Nina Hoss (Nina's suggestion)
Beatrice D'Este (wife of Ludovico Sforza, sister of Alfonso and Isabella) - Jordana Brewster (Rod's & Nina's suggestion)
Ercole D'Este (father of Alfonso, Beatrice, Isabella; responsible for marriage of Lucrezia to his son) -
Felice della Rovere (Giuliano della Rovere's daughter) - Kaya Scodelario (Nina's suggestion)
Francesco Maria della Rovere (Giuliano della Rovere's nephew, Montefeltro's and Elisabetta Gonzaga's adopted son and heir) -

Alessandro Farnese (Giulia's brother) - Borgia: Diarmuid Noyes
Silvia Ruffini (Giulia's best friend and Alessandro's mistress) - Borgia: Laura Fedorowycz

Micheletto (assassin) - The Borgias: Sean Harris, Borgia: Petr Vanek
Fiametta Michaelis (courtesan, a favourite of Cesare's) - Borgia: Tereza Voriskova; The Borgias: (?) Karen Gillan (not sure how serious we were with this but she has the hair!)
Giovanni de Medici (cardinal) - Borgia: John Bradley
Piero de Medici (Giovanni's brother, former ruler of Florence) - The Borgias: Cesare Taurasi
Savonarola (crazy monk) - The Borgias: Steven Berkoff
Niccolò Machiavelli (philosopher, politician) - The Borgias: Julian Bleach
Johannes Burchard (master of ceremonies) - The Borgias: Simon McBurney, Borgia: Victor Schefe

So, I surely forgot people, let me know who to add. Now I think we can take it from here, looking for our favourite candidates for the role where they haven't been cast yet! Or at least not too our knwledge.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nice, now I have to think about actors.
Reply   Post New Thread