Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2011, 07:52 AM
Elite Fan

Huh, and yet he preaches about Rodrigo and his ever sinful lifestyle. He was involved with Vanozza once right?

icon
Nonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:09 AM
Elite Fan

He was indeed. I think the thing with his daughter's mother didn't last very long though. Mainly because she wasn't a courtesan but came from an impoverished noble but pretty bellicose family - the Normanni. So... yeah. Sadly, I couldn't find a lot about her so far.

As for the sinful lifestyle - hah. I think he might be still angry with Rodrigo about Vanozza and then there's the thing that Rodrigo wasn't all that discreet.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:14 AM
Elite Fan

We have yet to see any hints of DR and Vanozza knowing each other on the show. Which is a shame. Because I always thought that little tidbit was pretty interesting

icon
Old 11-26-2011, 08:20 AM
Elite Fan

True. For some reason I think Rodrigo would be crazy jealous.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 11-27-2011, 07:01 AM
Elite Fan

For some reason, I don't see Rodrigo as the jealous kind, especially now that he has Giulia Cesare might have something to say about that tho, seeing how protective he is of his family.

icon
Old 11-27-2011, 07:59 AM
Elite Fan

Oh, I think he is - perhaps that's partly because of how he was written in that book I read "Vanozza". But another part of me tells me that he just can't see anyone having anything that he has or he is sure is his. For example in reality - Giulia did indeed like her husband just fine. When he was sick, she went to attend to him and Rodrigo sent her several letters threatening her with excommunication if she didn't come back immediately. Also, Della Rovere is one of his biggest enemies, he really wouldn't want to see that. Not just because he's the kind of guy who doesn't want others to play with his toys even though he isn't using them at the moment, also because he might think that's an embarrassment if his mistress is seen with his biggest enemy. And it doesn't mattter that he is currently preoccupied with another woman sexually. Perhaps the way it is portrayed on the show, his jealousy would be subdued and he would ask Cesare to take care of it somehow.

I also think he expects Vanozza to be chaste - which he knows she will be because she truly loves him. Hence he does not feel threatened in the least when her husband comes around. After all, she left the guy for him and not just because he bought him a farm and some goats. In reality btw, Rodrigo issued a statement that Vanozza is allowed to bear the name 'Borgia' (unless she has to sign official sales contracts) - which is as close a thing to marriage that he in his position could have offered. Nothing he ever did for any of this other mistresses.

As for Cesare - funnily, no. I don't think he'd have that much of a problem with it. Remember that last scene in Nessuno how he told Della Rovere that he wished that he would support his father because Cesare wouldn't remain a cardinal forever and he respected Della Rovere for his persistence whereas the people Rodrigo usually surrounds himself with are just plain weak. So... I don't think he'd be all that offended. He may be wary of Della Rovere's political intentions but Vanozza is hardly a political figure and he does respect the man for his principles and as I said for his persistence. Also Della Rovere is not the type to do anything mean to Vanozza in order to hurt Rodrigo - that would be just plain stupid andhe is not. Which we also saw in the pilot by the way where Orsini planned to have the whole Borgia family murdered but Della Rovere was not in on that. I'm sure that was because Orsini and pretty much everyone else knew he wouldn't have condoned that.

Last edited by Nikki K; 11-27-2011 at 09:12 AM
Old 11-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Elite Fan

I thought for a while who could play Alfonso D'Este - the closest I came to a good idea was Melvil Poupaud although I acknowledge that if he doesn't cut his hair, there's a distinct possibility of floppiness.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

Is Alfonso D'Este one of Lucrezia's husband and murdered by Cesare?

icon
Old 11-29-2011, 04:58 AM
Elite Fan

He is her last husband. We already know who is going to plan Alfsono of Aragon, Sancia's brother, who is going to be murdered by Cesare. It's Sebastian de Souza, he'll appear at the end of season 2 as far as I know.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:29 AM
Elite Fan

He's good looking, but not good looking enough for Cesare to feel threatened, I guess

On the plus side, he's waaaaaaaaay younger than that icky Sforza

icon
Old 11-29-2011, 09:35 AM
Elite Fan

I liked him on Skins (even though I didn't like his love interest but his character's relationship with his brother was pretty cool). Not sure I find him good looking though, reminds me a bit of a monkey. But you are right waaaay better looking and younger than Sforza. Plus no matter what parts of Skins fandom says, I do think Sebastian is a decent actor (better than Luke imo).

The reason I came up with Melvil for the other Alfonso... somehow that's how I imagined him. Obviously older than Lucrezia, a lot more serious/severe but all in all not all that awful. The other reason was that - like when I suggested they cast Nina Hoss as his sister Isabella - I think that yes - in general they made good casting choices on the show but the cast (I mean apart from Lotte and Michel Muller... maybe you can count in François too if you are generous) is very very much drawing from a pool of British actors you have seen on telly at least once before. Not that that's a bad thing per se but what I enjoyed (totally independently from everything else) about Fontana in a way was that his cast was so international.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Elite Fan

Rod & Nath - we need to talk Jordana Brewster. Like NOW.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I`m all for seeing Jordana on the Borgias Nina.

Her exotic beauty makes her the perfect fit to play a coniving temptress on the show.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:30 PM
Elite Fan

True facts, Rod! Amazing picture - we need more of those.

I'd like her in a role where it is not just seduction she excels in but also a lot of mean intrigue. Perhaps in season 3 as Anne of Brittany or someone else at the French court. She has the mocking smile for it.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

Ah and here is another idea for Jordana - Beatrice D'Este who married Ludovico Sforza, super-villain and kind of conned her cousin Isabella of Naples out of the job of Countess of Milan. That needs some intelligent scheming, something that Jordana could easily portrayal. I really want to see her in costume now. We need to pitch this to Showtime! Online petition! Or something.

Reply   Post New Thread