Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2019, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was so romantic...
Old 01-03-2019, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It reminded me of that movie that I no longer mention.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I saw Interview With The Vampire as well, but I also read the Vampire Lestat novels and I wasn't entirely satisfied with how Jordan adapted the material to the screen.
I was just enamored with Tom Cruise's charismatic performance

Quote:
Oh, neither Cesare nor Charlotte considered anything he might do "cheating." They both knew their marriage was a business arrangement and she was okay with having sex with him, having his child, and keeping his name, title, and estate in France while he returned to Italy. She was a woman with very practical expectations.
They were definitely quick to faze Charlotte out of the show, so I guess they knew most fans were already missing Ces + Lu together

Quote:
Yep, I still think that scene in bed where Ces is holding Lu by the neck should've been a post-sex scene, at the very least. And those two scenes you mentioned are two of my favorites!
How about the Lucrezia/Alfonso sex scene where she and Cesare bring each other to orgasm through a prolonged, shared look?

That scene was the perfect analogy for how giving your body and giving your heart to someone can be two different things.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-04-2019, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't like that scene that much though.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes, I know, Arinna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
I was just enamored with Tom Cruise's charismatic performance

They were definitely quick to faze Charlotte out of the show, so I guess they knew most fans were already missing Ces + Lu together
Hi, Gwen!

Really? I wasn't that much of a fan of Tom Cruise back them. Author Anne Rice stated that she originally wanted River Phoenix to play Lestat, but the studio instead chose to go with Tom Cruise because he was a bigger box office draw. Phoenix was offered the role of the interviewer instead, but then he died of a drug overdose on Halloween 1993, and the role went to Christian Slater. I also wasn't a fan of Brad Pitt either. But Cruise did a good job.

Well, like I said, Charlotte knew what she wanted, and all she wanted was Cesare's estate in France, his title, and his child, and she was happy. So there wasn't much need for her to be involved in the story after that. Yep, fans definitely missed Ces and Lu, but it took too long for them to get back together.

Quote:
How about the Lucrezia/Alfonso sex scene where she and Cesare bring each other to orgasm through a prolonged, shared look?

That scene was the perfect analogy for how giving your body and giving your heart to someone can be two different things.
Well, I kind of thought that scene was weird. It was hot watching them stare into each other's eyes, but she was still with... Alfonso. But that's a good point that she was giving her body to Alfonso but her heart to Cesare.
Old 01-05-2019, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 01-05-2019, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's the scene, Arinna! That's the one that I wished was a morning after scene!
Old 01-06-2019, 10:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

The gif makes it look like Lu is strumming his neck like a guitar. The girl could play him, so I guess that's apropos Too bad she didn't make more effort that morning, cause she almost had him.
Old 01-06-2019, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved that scene.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mignonette (View Post)
The gif makes it look like Lu is strumming his neck like a guitar. The girl could play him, so I guess that's apropos Too bad she didn't make more effort that morning, cause she almost had him.
Hi, Lila! OMG, how did I forget to post here?

Yep, Lu gently stroking Ces' cheek is really sexy. Damn, I wish they'd have done more. Why did she have to leave when she did? Neither of them had to go anywhere. It's not like Alfonso was gonna walk in on them or anything.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

It took you awhile.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, Arinna.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Really? I wasn't that much of a fan of Tom Cruise back them. Author Anne Rice stated that she originally wanted River Phoenix to play Lestat, but the studio instead chose to go with Tom Cruise because he was a bigger box office draw.
Anne Rice changed her mind after watching the movie and said Tom Cruise perfectly captured the star quality of Lestat

She also recognizes that Tom has always spoken well of the movie, whereas Brad Pitt, according to her: "hated" filming it

Maybe because Louis was whiny

Quote:
Well, like I said, Charlotte knew what she wanted, and all she wanted was Cesare's estate in France, his title, and his child, and she was happy. So there wasn't much need for her to be involved in the story after that. Yep, fans definitely missed Ces and Lu, but it took too long for them to get back together.
Season 3 had to rush to wrap itself in the last half, so they needed all the Ces/Lu moments they could get. Like you said, there weren't really enough.

Quote:
Well, I kind of thought that scene was weird. It was hot watching them stare into each other's eyes, but she was still with... Alfonso. But that's a good point that she was giving her body to Alfonso but her heart to Cesare.
I'm just glad that the only Alfonso/Lu sex scene was still all about Cesare. Kinda gross, but hot at the same time.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-12-2019, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Off Topic: I LOVE to watch your LoVe avi!
Old 01-12-2019, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

What's that an avi of, Arinna?

Quote:
Anne Rice changed her mind after watching the movie and said Tom Cruise perfectly captured the star quality of Lestat

She also recognizes that Tom has always spoken well of the movie, whereas Brad Pitt, according to her: "hated" filming it

Maybe because Louis was whiny

Hi, Gwen! Well, I was never a fan of Brad Pitt anyway, so I'm not surprised he had difficulty on that set. Maybe it's just because he's really not that good of an actor?

Yeah, I heard that Anne Rice changed her mind afterwards. Still, it would have been nice to see what River could've done.

Quote:
Season 3 had to rush to wrap itself in the last half, so they needed all the Ces/Lu moments they could get. Like you said, there weren't really enough.

I'm just glad that the only Alfonso/Lu sex scene was still all about Cesare. Kinda gross, but hot at the same time.
Did season three get rushed through? I thought that all the episodes had been filmed before a decision had been made on whether they'd get a fourth season. I still wish they could've given us just one more Ces/Lu love scene. :llove:

Yeah, well I'm glad they didn't show that much of Alf during that scene. Although some of it was still too much.