Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2018, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I just love that scene, Arinna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
That's it

Some people had issues with how he seemed to be emotionally betraying his wife in that scene, but it thought it completely fit with how he married her for estate and financial power rather than for love.

The tragedy of Cesare and Lucrezia is that they were completely in love with one another, but their father was so power-hungry that it was doomed from the beginning.

^^ Really cute GIF, Arinna Even though I don't like that the scene is essentially about Paolo.
Hi, Gwen! I thought that was the scene.

I don't see how Cesare could've been emotionally betraying his wife, since he was honest with Charlotte from the very beginning, and Charlotte was very understanding and even told her that she loved him for trying to spare her feelings by being honest about his heart belonging to someone else. Charlotte was really cool about accepting that Cesare was in love with another woman, so I don't think there was any betrayal. I think Charlotte would've been really surprised if she found out who he was in love with.

That was tragic, but it was also beautiful. Cesare and Lucrezia always had each other to get them through all the stuff their father's ambition put them through. And I don't know if it was doomed, but it certainly had an uphill climb.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I always kinda hated the very non-subtle sex scene of Cesare and Charlotte
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-20-2018, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

You did? I think it was stated that it was only sex, nothing emotional.
Old 12-20-2018, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I resented the fact that they got two sex scenes and Cesare and Lucrezia only got one. I wanted them to get at least one more sex scene. It didn't have to be long, just a minute or so, like the one that Cesare and Charlotte had in front of the fireplace. It could've been a sex scene that preceded the scene where he's holding her by the neck and kissing it.
Old 12-21-2018, 03:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL.Arinna_1982 (View Post)
You did? I think it was stated that it was only sex, nothing emotional.
I definitely prefer the Cesare and Lucrezia sex scene, because it's in slow motion (which I found to be incredibly erotic) and the score is really great.

But I didn't really like how Cesare was shown to be tender with Charlotte, and how it was acknowledged that he took her virginity and ... Just, no.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-21-2018, 06:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
But I didn't really like how Cesare was shown to be tender with Charlotte, and how it was acknowledged that he took her virginity and ... Just, no.
I couldn't agree more, Gwen. It actually sickened me to hear him talk about taking her "maidenhead" barf and the whole scene felt OOC for Ces. He was so in love with Lu that he'd wanted to take her virginity when he carried her to bed on her wedding night to Sforza, so making a point about him taking Charlotte's made it seem like Lu was being replaced. It made me despise Charlotte and want to slap Ces, which made me feel terrible since I adore him.

How could he be in love with Lu, but so tender and downright nasty with Charlotte? I mean wtf?? It made me really angry to see him like that and the whole thing felt gratuitous. The only reference to his love for Lu was when Charlotte asked if there was someone he had loved, and even that was in the past tense. I will always hate the writers for that. Like you said, just no
Old 12-21-2018, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 12-21-2018, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that gif, Arinna! I liked that scene where the witch told Lucrezia something she already knows.

Quote:
I definitely prefer the Cesare and Lucrezia sex scene, because it's in slow motion (which I found to be incredibly erotic) and the score is really great.

Hi, Gwen! Yep, the C/L sex scene was definitely more dramatic and romantic, and the slow motion made it all seem like a kind of erotic dream they were both lost in. And yeah, the music was really powerful. It was almost sad in a way, like they were tragically trapped in a love that could never survive the world.

Well, the Charlotte thing was more like a business arrangement, so try not to be too miffed by that.

Hi, Lila! Yeah, I know, we all don't need to see Cesare and Charlotte, and I really wish that Ces and Lu had one more sex scene so it could balance out. And Cesare having sex with Charlotte was again, a business arrangement. I saw it as a -buddy situation and not actually love. But it wouldn't been nice to have just one more sex scene with Cesare and Lucrezia to even it out... maybe the two of them naked in front of a fireplace on a bearskin rug.
Old 12-23-2018, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I liked the scene as well.
Old 12-23-2018, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I know you do, Arinna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Gwen! Yep, the C/L sex scene was definitely more dramatic and romantic, and the slow motion made it all seem like a kind of erotic dream they were both lost in. And yeah, the music was really powerful. It was almost sad in a way, like they were tragically trapped in a love that could never survive the world.

Well, the Charlotte thing was more like a business arrangement, so try not to be too miffed by that.

Hi, Lila! Yeah, I know, we all don't need to see Cesare and Charlotte, and I really wish that Ces and Lu had one more sex scene so it could balance out. And Cesare having sex with Charlotte was again, a business arrangement. I saw it as a -buddy situation and not actually love. But it wouldn't been nice to have just one more sex scene with Cesare and Lucrezia to even it out... maybe the two of them naked in front of a fireplace on a bearskin rug.
I was perfectly fine with just the one CL sex scene ... For some reason ... I think because it made that one time special, and reiterated that they are destined to continue with the repressed love/lust for a lot longer.

That said, I think the writers made Ces and Lu more of a happy event (for Cesare) than it needed to be. I mean, he was on the rebound from Lucrezia, and so I wish we could have seen more of a reluctance (in his expression) to betray Lucrezia, in that scene with Charlotte.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 12-23-2018 at 04:25 PM
Old 12-23-2018, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I was perfectly fine with just the one CL sex scene ... For some reason ... I think because it made that one time special, and reiterated that they are destined to continue with the repressed love/lust for a lot longer.

That said, I think the writers made Ces and Lu more of a happy event (for Cesare) than it needed to be. I mean, he was on the rebound from Lucrezia, and so I wish we could have seen more of a reluctance (in his expression) to betray Lucrezia, in that scene with Charlotte.
You were fine with just one? I wanted one more, but oh well. I would've hoped that we'd have gotten one more if we got a fourth season, but now I'm not so sure.

Yeah, I get what you mean about the Ces/Charlotte scene. I still think that it was more of an obligatory act by Cesare than anything else, but I agree that he might've shown a bit more reluctance to be with someone so soon after he and Lucrezia had made love. Maybe he was using Charlotte as a distraction because he felt at the time that he and Lucrezia would never get another chance now that she was married?
Old 12-25-2018, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
You were fine with just one? I wanted one more, but oh well. I would've hoped that we'd have gotten one more if we got a fourth season, but now I'm not so sure.

Yeah, I get what you mean about the Ces/Charlotte scene. I still think that it was more of an obligatory act by Cesare than anything else, but I agree that he might've shown a bit more reluctance to be with someone so soon after he and Lucrezia had made love. Maybe he was using Charlotte as a distraction because he felt at the time that he and Lucrezia would never get another chance now that she was married?
I just realized my typo - I meant to say they made the Ces/Charlotte scene more of a happy event than it needed to be, not him and Lu

Yeah I know I sound weird when I say "one sex scene? Meh, who needs another?" That's how it sounds but not how I mean it What I mean is that the show made their one love scene a special one. It was filmed and acted with true intimacy. That, to me, was enough to say everything about their relationship that needed to be said.

I guess I'm just kinda grateful that the show was only 3 seasons, because it meant a quick refocus to Cesare and Lucrezia again after their supposed separation between 3x05 and 3x08. I think if the show had been renewed, they might have kept the two of them away from each other for much longer.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-25-2018, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Gwen! Merry Christmas!

Oh, okay. Figured it must've been a typo.

Yeah, I get what you mean. That one scene did make it special for them. I just wished that their scene in bed together when he's holding her neck had been a "morning after" scene after they had made love again and not just her waking him up. It would've been more reassuring to me.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that season 4 probably would've disappointed us if Neil Jordan had intended for things to go the way they did in his Apocalypse script.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Hope everyone had fun on Christmas Day and Boxing Day!

Quote:
Yeah, I get what you mean. That one scene did make it special for them. I just wished that their scene in bed together when he's holding her neck had been a "morning after" scene after they had made love again and not just her waking him up. It would've been more reassuring to me.
That was such a tease

I kinda hate how Neil Jordan had Ces be a ~good boy~ and continuously resist Lu in the later half of Season 3.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that season 4 probably would've disappointed us if Neil Jordan had intended for things to go the way they did in his Apocalypse script.
I regret ever reading that script.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-27-2018, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Hope everyone had fun on Christmas Day and Boxing Day!

That was such a tease

I kinda hate how Neil Jordan had Ces be a ~good boy~ and continuously resist Lu in the later half of Season 3.

I regret ever reading that script.
Thanks, Gwen! We don't have Boxing day here, but I hope you had a great holiday! Don't worry, Arinna will be back soon.

I know it was a tease. When I saw that scene in the previews for the second half of the season I was hoping it was a morning after scene, but no such luck.

I only read certain parts, but even those I wish I hadn't seen.