Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2018, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Thanks, Gwen! We don't have Boxing day here, but I hope you had a great holiday! Don't worry, Arinna will be back soon.
It used to be a day of relaxation for people suffering Xmas hangovers but now, it's just an excuse for people to rush into stores like the crazies on Black Friday

Quote:
I know it was a tease. When I saw that scene in the previews for the second half of the season I was hoping it was a morning after scene, but no such luck.
They really shouldn't have previewed that scene because that's as much as we get before he leans away, so it's enticing the viewers who love the C/L passion to watch, and then leaving them feel cheated.

Quote:
I only read certain parts, but even those I wish I hadn't seen.
It's basically a dream ending for those who didn't want a healthy or strong relationship between C/L. Our nightmare, in other words.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-28-2018, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
It used to be a day of relaxation for people suffering Xmas hangovers but now, it's just an excuse for people to rush into stores like the crazies on Black Friday
Hi, Gwen! Oh, I see. Well, I wish we had that then, but we don't. I think companies in the USA overwork people. We used to have a lot more holidays off when I was a kid, like Thanksgiving and New Year's Day. And yeah, I really hate Black Friday after Thanksgiving.

Quote:
They really shouldn't have previewed that scene because that's as much as we get before he leans away, so it's enticing the viewers who love the C/L passion to watch, and then leaving them feel cheated.
Well, you know how networks are, anything to get viewers to tune in and watch, even if it's not exactly as advertised. It was still a nice scene, but I wish it was more, you know?

Quote:
It's basically a dream ending for those who didn't want a healthy or strong relationship between C/L. Our nightmare, in other words.
No, it was just Neil Jordan being Neil Jordan. He's always like this in his films, like The Crying Game.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm happy it ended the way it did... knowing the alternative.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Welcome back, Arinna!

Yes, we all know what the alternative would've been.
Old 12-29-2018, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah.....
Old 12-29-2018, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Let's not think about that, okay?
Old 12-30-2018, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's better not to.
Old 12-31-2018, 12:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

I understand your point, Gwen, about the power of having that one love scene with Ces & Lu, but still wanted them to have at least one more.

Arinna and I agree that they did resume their affair after he returned from France, but the writers played cat & mouse with the audience around it.
Old 12-31-2018, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Lila! Happy New Year! We're glad to see you back! We missed you!

Yeah, I do agree with both of you. Yes, that one love scene did make it special, but as I said before, I wouldn't mind if that scene with them in bed were a morning after scene, so that even if we didn't get a full-on love scene we'd still know they had sex and we got to see them cuddling afterwards.
Old 01-01-2019, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 01-01-2019, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Alex, I haven't seen The Crying Game but I loved Neil Jordan's work on Interview With The Vampire, so needless to say, I hoped for better with the ending of The Borgias.

That gif is beautiful, Arinna! Season 1 Lucrezia was so innocent looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mignonette (View Post)
I understand your point, Gwen, about the power of having that one love scene with Ces & Lu, but still wanted them to have at least one more.

Arinna and I agree that they did resume their affair after he returned from France, but the writers played cat & mouse with the audience around it.
Yeah... I mean, I didn't want Cesare to proudly cheat on his wife or anything But I think they could've tried harder with the shift back toward Ces and Lu spending time together in the latter half of Season 3. There wasn't enough interaction, let alone sex scenes.

They had two really good scenes before the finale -
3x06 where they're whispering seductive things to each other in front of the fireworks
3x09 where she jumps into his arms and everyone including Alfonso can tell they're in love.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-01-2019, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love that scene, Arinna!

Hi, Gwen! Happy New Year! I hope you had a great New Year's Eve celebration!

I only saw parts of The Crying Game, and I saw the ending, and from that I assume that Neil Jordan loves torturing his audience. And I saw Interview With The Vampire as well, but I also read the Vampire Lestat novels and I wasn't entirely satisfied with how Jordan adapted the material to the screen.

Oh, neither Cesare nor Charlotte considered anything he might do "cheating." They both knew their marriage was a business arrangement and she was okay with having sex with him, having his child, and keeping his name, title, and estate in France while he returned to Italy. She was a woman with very practical expectations.

Yep, I still think that scene in bed where Ces is holding Lu by the neck should've been a post-sex scene, at the very least. And those two scenes you mentioned are two of my favorites!
Old 01-01-2019, 04:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Lila! Happy New Year! We're glad to see you back! We missed you!

Yeah, I do agree with both of you. Yes, that one love scene did make it special, but as I said before, I wouldn't mind if that scene with them in bed were a morning after scene, so that even if we didn't get a full-on love scene we'd still know they had sex and we got to see them cuddling afterwards.
Thank you, Alex!

You know I always agree with you about needing more sex scenes, kissing, or at least cuddling from Ces & Lu

Quote:
Yeah... I mean, I didn't want Cesare to proudly cheat on his wife or anything But I think they could've tried harder with the shift back toward Ces and Lu spending time together in the latter half of Season 3. There wasn't enough interaction, let alone sex scenes.
Hi Gwen! Happy new year!

Yeah, the writers seemed ambivalent about how much interaction to show with Ces & Lu. It was up to the audience, I guess, to piece things together. I didn't see Cesar's being with Lu as cheating on his wife, and don't think she would've cared. Well, she might've cared that he was a sister ******

Ces told her he loved someone else, and was returning to live in Italy after their wedding night consummation. She agreed and was ok with it. Monogamy isn't a condition of many people's marriages, especially back in those days. Theirs was a business arrangement: a title, and most importantly - an army for him. A child by a handsome husband for her. I love what she told him she required from marriage: a child and "a husband whose physique promises he is handsome". She just wanted a baby and to get it on with a handsome husband who had a great body. Bravo Charlotte!

Last edited by Mignonette; 01-02-2019 at 03:02 AM
Old 01-02-2019, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 01-02-2019, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love that scene, Arinna! Their first scene together!

You're welcome, Lila!

Look, I can understand how narratively it might have been quicker to just have the one sex scene between them, but how about a scene like the one Ces had with Charlotte in front of the fireplace? Why not have a real quick scene that shows Ces and Lu instigating sex, or just finishing it, without actually having to do another sex scene that might diminish the slow motion scene on Lu's wedding night?