Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2012, 06:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Yes, the look on Castle's face was classic! Love it!

A little?! Oh, jealous Beckett was in full glory this episode!

Yes, they regressed most definitely. I'm just wondering what'll happen as a result of the progression in the next epi?
The more Becket tries to act as though she doesn't care the more obvious it is that she does.
rickfromillinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
i still think there was too much techy-CIA stuff and a bit too much guest star. i feel like the other two parters were much more about Castle, Beckett, and their team and i liked that more
That was exactly my problem with the episode. This show, for me, is all about its cast, they have such amazing chemistry and in this episode I feel like it was wasted

The conversation between Sophia and Beckett was just a way to voice the writer's own concerns about losing the magic once CB gets together. I've had enough of that. If you know how to write, you know how to write. If you only know how to write a couple when they're NOT a couple, then you can't write couples, sorry. It was probably also voicing the concerns of fans who think that way too, that only the dance matters and once they get together they'll lose the spark. I've had enough of that too. I've always thought that people who feel like that about a tv couple (that has been going on for years) are a but odd, I mean, in real life, do relationships get boring once they happen JUST because they happened and there's no wondering what-if anymore? Isn't it supposed to be good, when it finally DOES happen? I don't know, I guess I'll never understand all this going in circles for so long on tv, it's not realistic.

And don't get me wrong, I love their dance, it's been amazing to watch. It's just that they sometimes insert dialogues like this one and it annoys the hell out of me because they're useless, they're time wasted that could've been used to actually develop CB in a more significant way than more of the same, like it happened this week. I'm not saying I didn't like it, but gosh, Castle has saved Beckett a million times, he has LOUD and CLEAR told her how he feel about her and everything she is to him, many times to, are we really STILL questioning that by bringing in characters like Sophia?? Don't we have more important things to deal with this season??
Old 02-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Loyal Fan

^^ yeah i feel like these episodes were wasted too. that's my problem with this two parter. we're now 16 episodes into the season and really, i was hoping that the two parter would at least provide an avenue for Beckett to find out the story behind Castle's marriages and stuff too. Because all of that is a real step needed before they get together. I think they're spending too much time being vague about the relationship. you can address things head on and have them deal with issues without putting them together. And in these episodes i personally feel like they made Castle almost out of character in his interaction with Sophia and i something just felt really off for me. there was so much case and CIA and guest star that it seemed like they intentionally inserted a lot of it to make sure Castle and Beckett couldn't have a real conversation.

i think its time to have stuff start happening that is TANGIBLE. not just looks and stuff. conversations. grown-up conversations about real things. that doesn't mean putting them together, but at this point i feel like they're going to wait until the finale and then have Castle and Beckett throw down the way they did in the season 3 finale and then not have any resolution until next season. and i just don't think that's really necessary.

and i think it's important for fans to see more Beckett in therapy. i think by not acknowledging that she IS working on herself it's giving the impression that she's leaving Castle hanging.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

I too am getting tired of it. It's time for them to do something besides an occasional glance at each other. The whole "meaningful glance" is wearing thin.
IMO it's time for Becket to do something. I know that Becket has build a wall because of her Mother being killed and supposedly she won't be able to feel anything like she would like until she finds her Mother's killers. Yada yada yada. She needs to do something that would let Castle know that she has a romantic interest in him, and not just a partner that she likes to keep hanging around.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Did anyone else find the little speech Sophia made really cheesy and sloppy? I thought we were past those stupid villain-spills-their-guts scenes of why they did it.

Seriously, Castle. Why?
azinazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Not nearly enough Ryan & Esposito. No more arcs that cut those boys out!

Sophia mentioning Castle's father as she did, the writer's better tread carefully on that one. Shady sure but he can't be a bad guy and he damn sure cannot in way, shape or form be remotely involved in Beckett's mother's murder.

We're in the fourth year of this dance between Caskett. The looks, innuendos, denial, jealousy, etcetcetc. The inevitable is inevitable.
m a d d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe what they need it a one night affair between them at the end of the season, things don't go well so they separate over the summer, but come S5 the patch things up and agree to stay apart, but still have the sexual tension between as they know how good that can be, they just can't handle the baggage that come with it. This is of course until later in the show when they get back together.

I'm all for them but I do know on most shows do have the Moonlighting syndrome once the couple finally get together.
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I do know on most shows do have the Moonlighting syndrome once the couple finally get together
I'm sorry, but what *I* know is the Bad/Lame/Lazy Writing Syndrome that hits writers once couples get together because they refuse to even TRY to make an effort to make a relationship actually work out in a believable, interesting way.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch Tomato (View Post)
I'm sorry, but what *I* know is the Bad/Lame/Lazy Writing Syndrome that hits writers once couples get together because they refuse to even TRY to make an effort to make a relationship actually work out in a believable, interesting way.
I could not agree more.

I'm a huge Gilmore Girls fan and loved it when Luke and Lorelai finally got together and so did the viewers and the ratings were never better in S4 but later things started falling apart for them. They even bought in a soapy fav the long lost kid he never knew about and we in the end they broke up.

There are countless other examples on TV were we as the viewers could probably had written things better.

I agree with Castle and Becket they can work together if setup right, it wouldn't have to end them or the show. I know it hasn't been many eps but they got Bones and Booth together in a weird way they work. I'm sure plenty of real world couples that work together work just fine so why not reflect that on TV?

Sorry for the rant.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, if the set up for BB hadn't been so ****ed up for an entire season before the current one, they'd be a good example. But now they can't, not for me at least, for me they'll always be an example of a couple that took TOO long to happen. When they did get together, I wasn't interested in the show as a whole anymore.

But LL, yes, that was ridiculous, drama for the sake of drama.

You know two examples of relationships that work? Monica/Chandler (Friends) and Marshall/Lily (How I Met Your Mother). Those were couples that got together, and stayed together until the end even with obstacles in the way and all that, M/L even broke up for a while and even that was amazing. So, yeah, if you're a good writer, you can make anything work for your couple.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Monica/Chandler are the best example as they weren't together in the start and not for 4 years, but then stayed together and worked on the relationship. Marshall/Lily are good but were together from the start of the show so many people hoped they would get back together.

Its like an unwritten rule in Hollywood that if a couple is not brought together in the pilot then they can't be together be together or the sexual tension is broken, well a good writer should be able to fix that.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Loyal Fan

^ Jim and Pam on the Office are a good example too. They got together at the end of season 3 and while it changed the show, it didn't ruin the show. They allowed their relationship to play out naturally.

All it takes is solid writing. and Castle actually has the one-up on a lot of shows because it's a procedural so there's a lot of structure built in.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I'm waiting for the first morning when Alexis springs them by unexpectedly being home but that might be a while off.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Ju, I do agree with you about resolving sexual tension on a show. If the writers are creative and clever enough, they'll figure out a way to keep the spice and the zing in the relationship. Although, what you DO lose a bit is that chemistry drawn from the tension, that electricity that comes with a question mark. The true excitement is in the dance and you hate to let go of that too soon. Some couples as you've suggested survive it, but it DOES lose that electricity and arguably, ratings. Having said that, I definitely think this show is strong enough to survive it. I can only hope that the creative team on Castle sees it that way too and aren't hesitating behind the fear.

And talk about not bringing a couple together, look no furthur than Mulder & Scully! Talk about waiting too long and then when they were put together it was shoddy and disappointing.

grahk04 - I completely agree with you on seeing Beckett in therapy, still coping with her internal state. We need a bit more insight into how much that wall has actually been broken down.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

I wish that Sophia didn't end up being the baddie of the episode. I would like to see her as a reoccurring character just so that Becket could get upset and give Castle a hard time.
Reply   Post New Thread