Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2012, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Very good ep, so Sophia was the bad guy/gal... I didn't like what she said about not getting close with Castle and it wasn't them telling use don't hold you breath for them to get together. But I hope the last bit cleared Becket's mind of those BAD thoughts

Yes I know not everything is real and I can forgive the car taking so long to sink or fill with water but how had is it to say, pressure difference v bent frame and they have to wait until the car fills with water. Still I guess that doesn't help Becket being trapped by the belt. And to pic further how do they shoot the belt (under water) and not hurt her?

That said to was a great episode with top action. Now I have to find next weeks promo...
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:38 AM
Absolute Fan

I still wasn't blown away by this episode but I think it was really important one. I love Esposito a small part of me is shipping him and Beckett!

I really think Beckett has already thought about everything Sophia said. I think she knows that her and Castle are more than just tension. They have been with each other for 4 years, they have fought and come back together. They are connected.

I am really interested in Castle's father it is about time that is explored. I think it was a really good episode to set up the remainder of the season
Kelly2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:43 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Just started watching it and I've got one issue with the car sinking, first Becket said the frame must be bent, well anyone who wants Mythbuster will know it's the the pressure difference then stopped them from opening the doors. On top of that is how long it took for the car to sink and lastly the headlights flickered and went out, but the read lights were still working... off to watch the rest.
I kept thinking about mythbusters and the pressure difference, too. But my guesses is that neither Beckett nor Castle watches mythbusters, lol. At least they didn't manage to open the car doors submerged, tho, cause we all know they'd have drowned before the pressure would have equalized enough for them to open up the door.

Methinks Kate's car from now on will have that hammer-thingy specially made to break cardoor glass, lol.

A question I kept asking myself. Would a completely submerged gun even be able to fire a bullet???

As for Sophia - I thought fleetingly in the middle of the episode that maybe she was the real bad guy, but then I thought that other guy that Kate was looking at while they were tracing the virus was even more suspicious and I called it that he was the real baddie - and of course I was so sure I had it right until that last twist.

I think what Sophia said to Kate can either help bring Caskett together or prolong the inevitable - it just depends on how the writers intend to use it. I think the ending of the episode, with both Kate's "Sophia told a lot of lies" and Ricks' "Clara started out as Sophia, but she turned out more like you" is a sign that they are approaching that turnpoint in their relationship.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

good point about Mythbusters but it would have been a nice shout out to the show.

Quote:
Methinks Kate's car from now on will have that hammer-thingy specially made to break cardoor glass, lol.
Shame we didn't get the CIA improved "Better than new" car, could have some spy gadgets

Quote:
A question I kept asking myself. Would a completely submerged gun even be able to fire a bullet???
Another Mythbuysters question and I'm sure they did test that myth in the past with different guns can't remember the results though.
ETA - yes it can, but the catch is not very far so the gun would have had to been less than 2 foot from the glass.
http://kwc.org/mythbusters/2006/04/e..._reopened.html

I didn't figure Sophia as the bad gal until she pulled the gun, I thought it might have been the other guy with them, so I was half right.

I hate that Sophia put that thought in Becket's head, damn you writers! Being cynical it could be there writers way of telling the audience we might not get a Castle/Becket union until the end of the series. I hate that!

Last edited by lancer1993; 02-21-2012 at 05:23 AM
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:40 AM
Master Fan

Firstly, what an awesome episode. Like that is why Castle is one of my favourite shows. I legit had no idea it was Jennifer Beals who was the mole. I think I was thrown off with my love for her But I think that was the purpose of having a character like her.

Rick was thrown off by her but she did make him realize somethings in terms of his relationship with Beckett. It's real. Its not about him having a muse he is in love with her for her.

I wanted to throw my remote at the screen when Sophia was telling Beckett that her relationship was ruined after they had slept together. I think Andrew had wrote this is for a reason, alot of fans are thinking it lol. But I think it was a hint of more to come. The flirty comments and looks are only gonna take a show so far without something happening.

I loved the episode, even though I was waiting for more about Castle dad and more Caskett moments. But it had sweet ending of our two leads walking out together

Visit Castle | icon[x]
CJG18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

So I loved the episode but for me this Sophia thing was a little bit obvious but still I like it.And when she held a gun over Kate head I was almost sure that she will tell her about Castle secret investigation about her shooter ...And I'm intrigue by the whole Castle dad in CIA thing.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Moderator Support Team

I was so hoping for Jennifer Beals NOT to be the bad guy. sigh. but oh well she still did an amazing job and I loved seen her on my tv screen two weeks in a row and really. that woman ages more than well. she still looks amazing.

I liked the episode and I really hope that Beckett doesnt really listen to what sophia told her. She looked really like she considered it at first but then in the end when it turned out that Sophia was bad, I think she reconsidered lol

The little thrown in fact that Castles dad could be part of the CIA was awesome. i am sure that keeps him starting to look for him again.

I liked the interaction between Castle and Beckett and god.. woman, he saved your life more times than you can count. seriously. admit to him that you love him already. its getting frustrating here

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was actually really surprised when Sophia turned out to be the bad guy but well I think it's cause we love her and didn't want her to be lol. And seriously that woman doesn't age at all lol.

I also think that when they found out Sophia was bad that she reconsidered what she'd said about Castle. And I think that was part of why she said "I think Sophia told a lot of lies".

I hope he does start looking for his Dad again, and Beckett can help him

loool so true She really needs to admit it and soon.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Elite Fan

just finished Linchpin..

i didn't even thought for one second..that Sophia was bad guy...for the same reason i thought Castle has good judgement of people and he always have good people around him..Too bad.."Looks can be deceptive".
the thing Castle said to Beckett...(dont know exact words) in other sense makes that all his life he has searched for her,yearned for her.She's that one and only special to him and will always be.(atleast i was interpreting it this way)
just like Joe says that about Vera..("Where have you been all my life")

i'm wondering how they are gonna go with Castle's dad story line.........A CIA..

that elbow nudge
they are so moving forward though its little by little...
meen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:08 PM
Loyal Fan

i still don't know how i felt overall about this two parter. i probably need to watch all of it again. i still think there was too much techy-CIA stuff and a bit too much guest star. i feel like the other two parters were much more about Castle, Beckett, and their team and i liked that more. that being said, i hope/think this episode is going to be used to give Beckett and Castle parallel stories... both searching for answers about a parent. whether that will ultimately bring them closer together or not i don't know.

i feel like the case got buried somewhere along the way in this episode. i just don't know why i feel that way. and i felt like the entire Castle and Beckett relationship was actually sort of avoided... aside from the few biting remarks from Beckett and Castle saying to Sophia that Beckett is different.

i didn't dislike either episodes of this two parter, but there was definitely something missing for me, which hasn't ever happened to me before with this show. i actually felt like in some ways Castle was almost out of character in the first part, and was actually acting for a while there like Beckett was less important to him than Sophia, and i just don't like that kind of writing, not when everything we know about him would tell us that isn't true, and when in part 2 he said so himself to Sophia that Beckett is different.

there's just something that bugged me about this one, even if there are plenty of things i liked. and i really do feel that Castle and Beckett's relationship is going to have to be addressed soon. i feel like they're beating around the bush at this point. i'm not saying they have to get together, but i think its time for a fight or something. secrets to come out. SOMETHING to make it seem like they actually HAVE a potential relationship, something to fight for. i'm not saying they're in danger of falling into the friends zone, but really, we're 16 episodes into this season. i get the waiting, being patient, i dont mind if they don't get together right away, but i want to see something spark both of them into action.

i want to see Beckett back at her therapist and her progress, and her thoughts on why she hasn't moved forward with Castle yet. i want to see Castle actually working on her mother's murder, otherwise what's the point in keeping these secrets for 16 episodes?
Old 02-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

I share similar feelings w/ you on this two-parter grayk04. Whatever lingering attraction or resurfaced history between Sophia and Castle was cranked up a bit too much for me. But I understand it had to be there or Jealous Beckett wouldn't make much sense either.

I mentioned it before, I do think Beckett's gonna come clean and admit it, but as usual, not in the way we'd hoped... I can envision an upset, teary-eyed Beckett saying "I did hear you say it Rick, but I have my reservations and you just validated it w/ what you kept from me"... kaboom...
pwthepup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Loyal Fan

^^ yeah i feel like the castle and sophia relationship was played out in a way that made me as a viewer uncomfortable. plus it really did come out of nowhere that he followed another woman around for a year and dated her and all that. plus having her end up being a spy who drops a bomb about his father... it felt like a lot of story. and i think my problem with this 2 parter is that a lot of time was spent on the story part that i didn't care about. i didn't care about the case, not really. i wanted to know more about Castle and Sophia's relationship, i wanted to have Beckett and Castle actually talk about it, or something, anything. maybe its the human element. usually Ryan and Esposito bring a lot of character interaction to the table and they were barely in these episodes. i think there was just too much focus on the guest star/CIA element and a complicated case that honestly just wasn't that interesting compared to the personal stuff going on.

that being said, i do understand it's a 'procedural' show, but i dont like knowing that after a 2 part episode, next week they can easily go back to acting like nothing that happened in the 2 parter ever took place. in the previous two parters, both times, and especially in season 3 i think the emotions that came out in that freezer were something that had an affect on the rest of that season, for both characters.

maybe i'll need to reassess next week after episode 17 airs, but i feel like these two episodes avoided a LOT, and didn't have anything happen substantial enough for it to affect the characters long term, aside from the father-bomb that Castle received, and even that didn't come until the last few minutes, and was totally out of no where story-wise.

at this point my guess is that a secret will be addressed in the style of dial M for mayor... in an episode where we didn't see it coming. but now i'm thinking... after episode 17 isn't there a 3 week break? maybe the once upon a time episode will be more important than we thought.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

So how long will it for Becket to start wondering about Sophia's statement that Castle could never leave something alone and would keep digging until he got an answer? I think that at some time she would begin to wonder if Castle was doing any digging into who shot her and if not, why?
rickfromillinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Master Fan

I've never really disliked anything about this show before. But this episode made me so uncomfortable.

I hated the fact that they gave Castle another "muse." He can say that it "wasn't like you and me," all he wants to but the way he was doting on Sophia and treating her - even right in front of Beckett - made me incredibly unnerved. Just.. the entire storyline completely undermined CB, imo.
serendipity or fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Loyal Fan

^^^ yeah i feel the exact same way. i've never really disliked anything about the show either but this two parter made me uncomfortable and it totally undermined Castle/Beckett. i thought Castle's behaviour was actually quite out of character, especially in the first part. they tried too hard to make Sophia a presence or something. something was just really off.