Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-01-2012, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

3 new characters? There's going to be a lot focuse on them, to introduce them to the audience but hopefully they will balance it out.

I wonder they are going to cast for that Alex guy. And I hope they are going to change the name Finn. lol

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

I was worried because Finn sounds so much like Rudy (if you took the emo part away). Rudy's casting call talked about him being always optimistic etc. I was worried Joe might be leaving, but Matt Strevens said Rudy's in S4.

I wonder how they'll make Finn and the "up" side of Rudy different? I reckon they will either:

1) Make Rudy a bit more cruel in his humour and take away that childlike oblivious quality he had to it. I really hope not, because that would destroy what I did find funny about Rudy to me. More talking about arses and less being gleeful about ice cream.

2) Concentrate more on Rudy's emo side and so divide the humour. I'd like this, but I still hope they keep the innocent side of Rudy's humour.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Passionate Fan

"Seeing as the introduction of Joseph Gilgun as Rudy in the last series was a masterclass in replacing cast members"

I so agree with this statement.

I also worry what this means for Rudy's character since he's the type who "says the unsayable" and is very much the description of Finn's character except for the "childlike naively optimistic view of life"

I know a lot of people find Rudy too cruel and crude, but I like Rudy just the way he is So I would be upset if they altered his character to fit in the new ones.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't generally find Rudy to be cruel, just crude.

I also do think he can be quite childlike and his normal side is always optimistic. When they did the casting call for him, that was one of the things they emphasised. That he was always optimistic and upbeat.

Finn sounds like the side of Rudy (Emo part aside) that was different from Nathan. It seems like the only way they can go with Rudy is to make him even more like Nathan. Set him and Finn up as a comedy team with Rudy being the cruel, crude one and Finn the dopey, sweet one. I hate the idea of that.

I just don't see why a character like Finn is being described was needed? Maybe if Rudy was leaving, but he isn't.

I hope it doesn't play out that way. That Finn can be his own character whithout taking away anything at all from Rudy. Otherwise Finn has no right being there.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelpie (View Post)

I hope it doesn't play out that way. That Finn can be his own character whithout taking away anything at all from Rudy. Otherwise Finn has no right being there.
I totally agree with you on that
Old 03-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

yeah i hope Finn isn't an extension of nathan nor rudy. im glad Joe is coming back though you guys scared me for a second! i only wonder who they will cast as the really hot guy. he has a lot to live up to
Old 03-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Add me to the list
Franky/Matty, Sid/Cassie, Effy/Freddie, Sid/Tony, Freddie/Cook, Rich/Alo, Naomi/Emily, Franky/Grace
One of Franky's biggest stans.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Added.

I hope that Finn won't be just another funny character. Hopefully they will change something about it, so that it doesn't seem like a copy of either Nathan or Rudy.

Quote:
i only wonder who they will cast as the really hot guy. he has a lot to live up to
He does, especially that Seth is really hot, how are they going to top that?

Old 03-05-2012, 08:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

I can't post a link until later but there's a good interview with Joe in which he confirms he's doing a period drama. He's playing a Scouse and it's called Ripper. I'm assuming he means the upcoming BBC drama Ripper Street with Matthew McFadyen.

He also said a mate knocked one of his teeth out hope he gets a fake one put in.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Passionate Fan

to losing a tooth.

Whoever these new people are need to be their own characters. I.e. I don't mind if they bring on a shy but lovable character like Simon, but it shouldn't be the crippling shyness Simon had, maybe someone who's just reserved actually, rather than shy. And Joe is the funny guy. That's it period
Old 03-06-2012, 01:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'd imagine he has to get his teeth fixed, being an actor. Those gold caps he wears make his teeth look frightful on photos though.

In every interview he does recently he mentions depression. Shouldn't mix tranquilisers, whatever he's on for adhd, codeine and alcohol... no wonder he felt sick. Hope he's careful...

Another interview here. No Misfits spoilers: http://www.maxim.co.uk/features/inte...oe_gilgun.html

Last edited by Kelpie; 03-06-2012 at 02:17 PM
Old 03-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Elite Fan

ahhhh knocking a tooth out is realllly sucks! i know that had to hurt!

and thanks for posting the interview! i think it's interesting he has such a fascination with sneakers/trainers! never would have known!
Old 03-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Somebody knocked his tooth out? Poor guy!

Thanks for the interview! It was a great read.

Quote:
Try not to watch Sharktopus. It’s 50% shark, 50% octopus, but guess what mate, it’s 100% Dangerous!

Old 03-09-2012, 08:25 AM
Elite Fan

who says these kinds of things?!
Old 03-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

IKR? I checked the movie in imdb it really sounds awful.