Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-13-2012, 09:22 AM
Passionate Fan

Really? I've never seen it, is it on youtube?
Old 02-13-2012, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
remember when he and lauren did a period drama act for some talk show?
Yes.

Myna you can watch it here:

The Crush: Rick Improvises with The Misfits - 4Music (Music Video)

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

People are still talking about Joe doing a club night at somewhere called the Octagon on that same date. Trying to find out if it's the same gig because otherwise his agent lied and that would be bad business. It seems like it is the same events.

The organisers said this:

“last month we provoked giddy thrills by revealing via Facebook that our Guest DJ this time was to be heart-throb Joe Gilgun of TV shows This is England/Misfits Unfortunately Joe had to cancel at very short notice (expect to see him in soaking breeches in a plum period drama role screened later this year), and we went crazy for a few days trying to identify an alternative. We’re delighted to announce that Joe’s replacements are hunky Benny and Tom from Wild Beasts”

link is here: Pin Ups Ladies Night (Glasgow) Fri 24th Feb Wild Beasts, Kid Canaveral / Announcements / Classifieds // Drowned In Sound
Old 02-15-2012, 05:29 AM
Elite Fan

oh no so he may have quit one club outing for another is what you're saying?
Old 02-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, but I doubt it. I can find no record of Joe doing any other event other than the one that was cancelled. I asked one of the girls that called the venue the Octagon if it was the same gig as the cancelled one and she didn't so much confirm it as go "oh no! It was cancelled?" I asked her if it was the same venue as this one but known under two names, but haven't got a response.

Thing is, it would be pretty stupid to lie about it rather than say they were double booked. Especially making up such a specific lie. I also can't find mention of an Octagon Club anywhere in the UK other than Bangor and there is no event on with Joe or on that date there.

My guess is that Octagon/Occi is a nickname or the old name for the venue or something along those lines. I guess we'll find out though.

I'm wondering if the role is in Downton Abbey's third series? It's just about to start filming and so it would fit...

Updating... he's apparently in the Octagon in Bangor on the 24th. I'm really disappointed. Why lie? Is the whole period drama thing a lie too? Only saving grace would be if it wasn't the date he couldn't do, but the travelling to and from Scotland around that date.

Last edited by Kelpie; 02-15-2012 at 01:24 PM
Old 02-16-2012, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

Wow that is such a confusing story. it sounds like all of that stuff they did with cancelling didn't even matter because they were going to do the gig next week do you think he lied or no?
Old 02-16-2012, 11:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

I have no idea. I mean maybe it wasn't the date itself but other factors. I just hope he had good reasons to let one down then take on the other....

I also hope the period drama thing wasn't a total lie. If it was then that's when I would feel disappointed in him.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
Thank you for posting the link. I watched. Joe is a funny guy.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome! And yes, he is funny.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:33 PM
Elite Fan

yeah i think joe is SO amazing at improvising. a lot of what he had to do in TIE was improvising and that's what made his character so real. a lot of times in misfits i felt like he wasn't going off a script either
Old 02-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
a lot of times in misfits i felt like he wasn't going off a script either
He probably improvised a lot.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Elite Fan

yeah...i wish we would have gotten just a Joe bloopers reel...im sure there was a lot
Old 02-29-2012, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Bloopers from Misfits in general would be great. I love bloopers.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:39 AM
Elite Fan

i know same here! i think they should be required to put that on all DVDs for tv shows and movies.

This article talks about Rudy and three new characters!

3 new characters joining series 4 of Misfits - Den of Geek
Old 03-01-2012, 07:39 AM
Elite Fan

i know same here! i think they should be required to put that on all DVDs for tv shows and movies.

This article talks about Rudy and three new characters!

3 new characters joining series 4 of Misfits - Den of Geek