Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
You know what makes it sad? The person who started it is a mother with 3 kids. Talk about maturity. I expect it I guess from young teenagers but coming from her? That was a real disappointment.
That is absolutely pathetic! I feel bad for Julie, we don want her to feel that following a fan will lead to this much controversy and ill-feeling, otherwise she won't follow fans anymore
Drown me,
Swallow me w h o l e
Bobbie Face {all rights reserved for Katie} |Twitter | Tumblr
Old 09-19-2011, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee_ph (View Post)
Yes! I know the girl and I was actually congratulating her and then the hate tweets started and a couple of them even sent her some. *smh*

You know what makes it sad? The person who started it is a mother with 3 kids. Talk about maturity. I expect it I guess from young teenagers but coming from her? That was a real disappointment.
Wow.. just wow!! Some people are just... wow!! I don't even know what to say to that. It is really quite sad... JP and KW are making this show for the fans and when fans act like that it is so disappointing.. I hope they know that the majority of TVD fans are sane
Old 09-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope they know that too and I'm sure they do to a degree. I mean KW had to sort of go through that with "Dawson's Creek" I would assume, but then again there wasn't twitter and such either. It's a double edged sword to the whole twitter sensation. Yeah (not to be rude) but I don expect that kind of behavior to come from teens (Not all of them. There are some mature ones) but from an adult...
Old 09-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natesgal55 (View Post)
Is that for real?? I am honestly suffering second hand embarrassment for those immature, jerkish fans
They claim she's being biased and that she obviously ships SE and she should just admit it. Wow, one can tell all of that just from a follow on twitter? lol

It's hilarious most of them were calling her all kinds of names one minute and then the next they were acting like they didn't just bitch the woman out. All of a sudden they were being completely nice. WTF? lmao Half of these people have to be teens.

Old 09-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's ridiculous! It all depends on what she says or what they see on the show. It dictates how they are towards her. I mean I understand being upset and having constructive criticism, but person attacks...
Old 09-19-2011, 05:57 PM
Total Fan

Another reason they think that is because she talked about the SE scene, but she really didn't. All she did was talk about Paul's acting and answered someone about who wrote the scene.

But SE/Bamon fans are rabid and insane?

Old 09-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
I hope they know that too and I'm sure they do to a degree. I mean KW had to sort of go through that with "Dawson's Creek" I would assume, but then again there wasn't twitter and such either. It's a double edged sword to the whole twitter sensation. Yeah (not to be rude) but I don expect that kind of behavior to come from teens (Not all of them. There are some mature ones) but from an adult...
Seriously? I didn't even get the internet until the DC triangle already started, but I assumed the couple-wars didn't start up until it did. Unless you're referring to people harassing him about the finale after the fact.

But yeah, social networking didn't really take off until after DC was over. There really was no way for fans and the writers to interact other than interviews, fanmail, online polls, and the weekly question/answer sessions on the website. The internet's matured a little since then--I wish I could say the same about the fans.

And really, anyone can see that Julie's smack-dab in the middle of the two pairings just by her interviews. But even if she was bias towards S/E--so what? She's one of the showrunners--you're not going to get anywhere by attacking her.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

So, basically EVERYONE has to be all for DE because anything else would be unrealistic and blind?

Some fans... scratch that, a lot of people.. cease to amaze me!
Old 09-20-2011, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah, I'm just really happy that majority of SE/Stefan fans are mature or at least polite with their words when tweeting to JP and KW.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeryAndPotter (View Post)
Seriously? I didn't even get the internet until the DC triangle already started, but I assumed the couple-wars didn't start up until it did. Unless you're referring to people harassing him about the finale after the fact.

But yeah, social networking didn't really take off until after DC was over. There really was no way for fans and the writers to interact other than interviews, fanmail, online polls, and the weekly question/answer sessions on the website. The internet's matured a little since then--I wish I could say the same about the fans.

And really, anyone can see that Julie's smack-dab in the middle of the two pairings just by her interviews. But even if she was bias towards S/E--so what? She's one of the showrunners--you're not going to get anywhere by attacking her.
Sorry Peter I should of clarified it better. I'm not totally sure about how that fandom reacted except from pieces here and there. I know there was some shipping wars and thought maybe KW knew about it to a degree, but like you said fans don't have as much access to the writers like they do now. I agree about the maturity level.

Exactly! The interviews I have read she has never been for or against either pairing and I agree with the second part.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
Sorry Peter I should of clarified it better. I'm not totally sure about how that fandom reacted except from pieces here and there. I know there was some shipping wars and thought maybe KW knew about it to a degree, but like you said fans don't have as much access to the writers like they do now. I agree about the maturity level.

Exactly! The interviews I have read she has never been for or against either pairing and I agree with the second part.
I sort of dissagree. It seems to me that she's for BOTH pairings. Either that, or she's just real passionite about her work.

I was directly involved with the DC couplewars. It's kind of the reason I stay away from general threads these days--I don't want to be drawn into any more screaming matches like when I was a teenager. I like to think maybe I've matured since then, but really I can't handle that kind of stress anymore. To tell you the truth, the S/E vs. D/E arguments are nowhere near as brutal as the DC ones were--at least from what I've seen.

I'm sure KW did know about the couplewars to a degree, but he wasn't really involved directly since he wasn't involved with the show at the time. After the finale, possibly, but not while it was happening onscreen. His only real comment on it was that interview he gave before season 4 started, where he said he was upset that the triangle even happened at all.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

Getting ready to rant for the new episode?
Old 09-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

always.

i love you. ♡
Old 09-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I'm sure there might be something we'll be unhappy about.

Thank you for clearing that up Peter.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

we are always ranting.

i love you. ♡
Closed Thread   Post New Thread