Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2011, 12:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkalicious (View Post)
Oh seriously, enough is enough.

I cant believe how hypocrite they can be. I mean come on! So Damon didnt kill innocent kills all over the world, he didnt use people just so he can reach to Katherine etc. I dont understand how they can live with themselves whilst protecting and defending Damon, yet thrashing Stefan for the exact same reasons.

And that scene WAS NOT cheesy, even some DEers admit it was amazing.
Like I keep saying, double standard. Damon didn't even stop killing people after he became 'good', either. Doesn't anyone remember that girl he murdered immediately after Rose died?

At least this proves that not all D/E fans are completely blind, and don't feel they have to villafy Stefan just to make themselves feel better. Remember how many of them were FOR ripper-Stefan? Different story now that they see the S/E love story is still going to be a factor, despite the ripper arc.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah that phone call scene was not cheesy at all! It was beautiful and touching.

I really see D/E fans facing a great disappointment to be honest. Yes I think the writers are going to explore that relationship which will give them good scene and yes Elena will say she loves him, but only as a friend. I think they are going to really push up against the line without crossing it, but that's it. I get the feeling this will be the season they put an end to the triangle. They're expectations are going to be to high. I'm not very good with speculation but it's a feeling I'm getting from interviews, etc...

Yeah there are some rational D/E fans. I know some.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Like I keep saying, double standard. Damon didn't even stop killing people after he became 'good', either. Doesn't anyone remember that girl he murdered immediately after Rose died?

At least this proves that not all D/E fans are completely blind, and don't feel they have to villafy Stefan just to make themselves feel better. Remember how many of them were FOR ripper-Stefan? Different story now that they see the S/E love story is still going to be a factor, despite the ripper arc.
Exactly. Dont they remember that Damon practically killed Vicki but turning her just because he was bored? All those people he killed because he was enjoying it? We know Stefan's doing it because of Klaus. How could they love Damon and yet hate Stefan, I will never understand.

Quote:
Yeah that phone call scene was not cheesy at all! It was beautiful and touching.

I really see D/E fans facing a great disappointment to be honest. Yes I think the writers are going to explore that relationship which will give them good scene and yes Elena will say she loves him, but only as a friend. I think they are going to really push up against the line without crossing it, but that's it. I get the feeling this will be the season they put an end to the triangle. They're expectations are going to be to high. I'm not very good with speculation but it's a feeling I'm getting from interviews, etc...

I agree. I have goosebumps everytime I watch it.

I dont think they'll end the triangle just yet. Unlike other shows, KW and JP knows that the main reason this show is being watched it the speculation of whether its going to be SE or DE, so I really dont see them ending that just now. They will and have to string along the viewers for at least a couple more seasons if they're thinking of doing the show for more than 5-6 seasons. Because to be honest, in my opinion this show doesnt have much depth, they dont develop characters, they start one subject and then drop it abrubtly the next so in that sense no, they wont keep much viewers so I think they'll have to keep the triangle alive.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)

Some already are disappointed. They are upset that the writers couldn't go one episode without an SE scene. They keep saying this is supposed to be DE's season and that the writers need to let go of SE for good. How fair is that?

Last edited by DollyJfan4life; 09-19-2011 at 01:38 PM
Old 09-19-2011, 12:55 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkalicious (View Post)
I dont think they'll end the triangle just yet. Unlike other shows, KW and JP knows that the main reason this show is being watched it the speculation of whether its going to be SE or DE, so I really dont see them ending that just now. They will and have to string along the viewers for at least a couple more seasons if they're thinking of doing the show for more than 5-6 seasons. Because to be honest, in my opinion this show doesnt have much depth, they dont develop characters, they start one subject and then drop it abrubtly the next so in that sense no, they wont keep much viewers so I think they'll have to keep the triangle alive.
I dissagree--I think the triangle needs to end(or at least take a backseat) in order for Damon to grow as a character. He's trapped in the same pattern, and it's becoming incredibly old. If they don't end the triangle after this season, they at least need to change things a bit--like maybe give Damon a serious love interest.

The best case scenario, IMO, would be for Damon to willingly abandon his pursuit because he wants to put his brother before his own selfish desires. This would actually be a selfless act on his part, thus advancing his redemption arc significantly.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly! Also the longer they drag it out in time it will make all of them look stupid and awful. There has to be an ending point whether Damon still has those feelings for her or not. It would become ridiculous in my opinion. It's either going to make a fan base mad now or even worse later because they feel like they are being strung along. It can end very messy. You really can't 100% please both fan bases in a love triangle most of the time if not ever.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:03 PM
Elite Fan

I personally love how they talked about DE most of the summer yet the thing all the reviewers/bloggers said was the best scene in the premiere was Stefan and Elena's phone call.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by roswellcharmed_2000 (View Post)
I personally love how they talked about DE most of the summer yet the thing all the reviewers/bloggers said was the best scene in the premiere was Stefan and Elena's phone call.
I don't think it's going to end with that, either. I'm expecting us to get many, many S/E scenes as the season goes on, even before Stefan starts to become good again. D/E fans are going to feel 'cheated' when it comes down to it. The longer the writers string them along, the worse it's going to make the inevitable fallout. That's part of the reason I hope S/E reunite at the mid-season finale--because I can imagine the reaction would be worse if it happened at the end of the year instead.

And personally, the worst thing that could happen to Damon would be for them to do the triangle all the way up to the series finale, give S/E a happy ending, and leave him as their third-wheel for the rest of eternity. Not knocking brotherly love or anything, but I think Damon should end up with somebody. Either have Katherine return his feelings, have him hook up with Bonnie like the books, or even introduce a new love interest that isn't compelled/killed within five episodes. In short, give him his own storyline where his happiness isn't dependant on Stefan/Elena.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeryAndPotter (View Post)
I dissagree--I think the triangle needs to end(or at least take a backseat) in order for Damon to grow as a character. He's trapped in the same pattern, and it's becoming incredibly old. If they don't end the triangle after this season, they at least need to change things a bit--like maybe give Damon a serious love interest.

The best case scenario, IMO, would be for Damon to willingly abandon his pursuit because he wants to put his brother before his own selfish desires. This would actually be a selfless act on his part, thus advancing his redemption arc significantly.
I almost completely agree with you
...Except I don't want Damon to give up his pursuit of Elena. I don't want Elena to 'settle' for Stefan. Not that she ever has or will! I know and you know and all SEers know that if she's 'settling' for anyone, its Damon, while Stefan isn't around.

What I mean is, I don't want the resolution of the triangle to be remembered by certain bitter people as "Oh, well, Damon gave her up so she had to go to Stefan even though she wanted Damon." Er, pull your head out dears, it's always been SE and wen it comes down to it, it always will be.

So instead, I think it should be, at the culmination of the X seasons, a truly A or B choice, where both are in their right mind, love her and want her and are putting themselves 100% out there, which is when she makes the decision to stick with her soulmate. Then Damon can back the hell off, or maybe tell Stefan it's okay, give his blessing, then leave Mystic Falls to do great things with another
Drown me,
Swallow me w h o l e
Bobbie Face {all rights reserved for Katie} |Twitter | Tumblr
Old 09-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fields of Gold (View Post)
I almost completely agree with you
...Except I don't want Damon to give up his pursuit of Elena. I don't want Elena to 'settle' for Stefan. Not that she ever has or will! I know and you know and all SEers know that if she's 'settling' for anyone, its Damon, while Stefan isn't around.

What I mean is, I don't want the resolution of the triangle to be remembered by certain bitter people as "Oh, well, Damon gave her up so she had to go to Stefan even though she wanted Damon." Er, pull your head out dears, it's always been SE and wen it comes down to it, it always will be.

So instead, I think it should be, at the culmination of the X seasons, a truly A or B choice, where both are in their right mind, love her and want her and are putting themselves 100% out there, which is when she makes the decision to stick with her soulmate. Then Damon can back the hell off, or maybe tell Stefan it's okay, give his blessing, then leave Mystic Falls to do great things with another
Oh god no, I don't want any 'settling' going on. I mean that Damon just sees how happy Elena is to be reunited with Stefan, and just says 'you know what--this isn't worth it, I can't take being rejected anymore, and I want Stefan to be happy, so I'm not gonna bother'.

That isn't to say that you-know-who won't see it as her 'settling', but the truth will be that she's already chosen Stefan. All Damon would be doing is accepting her choice for once instead of being a child about it.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
All Damon would be doing is accepting her choice for once instead of being a child about it.
Damon, acting like an adult? Heck, Damon acting like anything but an immature child?! HALLELUJAH. Amen to that.
Drown me,
Swallow me w h o l e
Bobbie Face {all rights reserved for Katie} |Twitter | Tumblr
Old 09-19-2011, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I saw that they have been sending JP hate tweets again just because she followed an SE fan.
Is that for real?? I am honestly suffering second hand embarrassment for those immature, jerkish fans
Old 09-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Really, what do they think that's going to accomplish? If anything, it might cause Julie to give them less of what they want out of spite.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natesgal55 (View Post)
Is that for real?? I am honestly suffering second hand embarrassment for those immature, jerkish fans
Yes! I know the girl and I was actually congratulating her and then the hate tweets started and a couple of them even sent her some. *smh*

You know what makes it sad? The person who started it is a mother with 3 kids. Talk about maturity. I expect it I guess from young teenagers but coming from her? That was a real disappointment.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeryAndPotter (View Post)
Oh god no, I don't want any 'settling' going on. I mean that Damon just sees how happy Elena is to be reunited with Stefan, and just says 'you know what--this isn't worth it, I can't take being rejected anymore, and I want Stefan to be happy, so I'm not gonna bother'.

That isn't to say that you-know-who won't see it as her 'settling', but the truth will be that she's already chosen Stefan. All Damon would be doing is accepting her choice for once instead of being a child about it.
I also hope that he would do that because he love his brother. Maybe this long absence will effect Damon enough that he would care about his happiness too ( He doesn't want to lose him again) in that department not just Elena.

That his love for his brother is equal or more than Elena ( I know wishful thinking) and he doesn't want to lose him.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread