Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by minilight1020 (View Post)
yes that's what I don't understand if Stefan was really compelled to feed on her - why is she still trying to find him in episode 7 .
I think it's a one-time compulsion. In fact, this is probably what Klaus uses to 'deepen his hold' on Stefan--by showing Stefan that he can make his worst nightmare come to pass at any time.

I think that by 'trying to reach Stefan' the synopsis is more along the lines of trying to get through to him, not location-wise. I'm fairly certain Stefan and Klaus are back in Mystic Falls for good now.

As for the 'why'--it's because Elena loves him, and wants him back, and is willing to do anything to get him back. Him biting her isn't going to change that(though I'm sure it'll traumatize Stefan to the point he really tries to push her away).Though I have a feeling she's going to go to lengths that not many people are very happy about--especially Jeremy if the synopsis is anything to go by.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeryAndPotter (View Post)
I think it's a one-time compulsion. In fact, this is probably what Klaus uses to 'deepen his hold' on Stefan--by showing Stefan that he can make his worst nightmare come to pass at any time.

I think that by 'trying to reach Stefan' the synopsis is more along the lines of trying to get through to him, not location-wise. I'm fairly certain Stefan and Klaus are back in Mystic Falls for good now.

As for the 'why'--it's because Elena loves him, and wants him back, and is willing to do anything to get him back. Him biting her isn't going to change that(though I'm sure it'll traumatize Stefan to the point he really tries to push her away).Though I have a feeling she's going to go to lengths that not many people are very happy about--especially Jeremy if the synopsis is anything to go by.
yeah i think by reach him it probly means getting him to talk to her. i think i remember an interview that said when stefan was in mystic falls he wasn't talking to elena, so maybe elena then tries to get lexi to talk to stefan to get through to him.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

Is he really under compulsion. cause someone mention on another forum that since Klaus wants her dead - he possibly just tell Stefan to kill her to prove he isn't still holding onto his humanity so he wouldn't compelled him but we know Stefan will never bite her if he wasn't under compulsion? of course Elena wouldn't die.

If he really did bite her - maybe this episode is the one where he fully lets go cause the pain is unbearable to handle.

If Klaus wasn't in the room, he wasn't under compulsion, he would tell Elena to run but it seems like Stefan was chasing her even looking through the doors.

Icon by me.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Is he really under compulsion. cause someone mention on another forum that since Klaus wants her dead - he possibly just tell Stefan to kill her to prove he isn't still holding onto his humanity so he wouldn't compelled him but we know Stefan will never bite her if he wasn't under compulsion? of course Elena wouldn't die.

If he really did bite her - maybe this episode is the one where he fully lets go cause the pain is unbearable to handle.

If Klaus wasn't in the room, he wasn't under compulsion, he would tell Elena to run but it seems like Stefan was chasing her even looking through the doors.
It's the countdown clock that makes me think it's a compulsion. Stefan pointing out that he has to feed on her exactly when it hits zero doesn't seem like something he would do unless he was forced to.

At this point, I don't think he will 'fully let go'--it was supposed to happen in ep 3, but it didn't. I think he will, however, do as much as he can to distance himself from Elena in fear of it happening again, leading Elena to take some pretty desperate measures.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
It's the countdown clock that makes me think it's a compulsion. Stefan pointing out that he has to feed on her exactly when it hits zero doesn't seem like something he would do unless he was forced to.

At this point, I don't think he will 'fully let go'--it was supposed to happen in ep 3, but it didn't. I think he will, however, do as much as he can to distance himself from Elena in fear of it happening again, leading Elena to take some pretty desperate measures.
That's what I thought too - He will never feed on her not even think about it unless he doesn't know what he was doing..that includes being compelled.

I'm guessing this possibly the most dangerous/violent purpose I dunno. I guessed since it didn't happen in episode 3, it might happen in upcoming episodes just dont know when but if he doesn't fully let go after this. ..but their would be lil affect on him.

Icon by me.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
That's what I thought too - He will never feed on her not even think about it unless he doesn't know what he was doing..that includes being compelled.

I'm guessing this possibly the most dangerous/violent purpose I dunno. I guessed since it didn't happen in episode 3, it might happen in upcoming episodes just dont know when but if he doesn't fully let go after this. ..but their would be lil affect on him.
Oh, I'm counting on it affecting him. Hurting Elena, even when it's not by choice, is going to really convince Stefan that he can't come back. This matches up with what Paul said about Stefan believing Elena 'deserves better' than him. But I still don't think it'll get to the point where he enjoys what he's doing--just that he accepts there's no way out.

Just found this:

'The Vampire Diaries': Daniel Gillies returns as Elijah - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

Ep 8 title: Ordinary People
Old 10-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Does anyone have any ideas who would save Elena ? Cause in one scene it looks like Damon and Klaus are gonna fight.

Icon by me.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Does anyone have any ideas who would save Elena ? Cause in one scene it looks like Damon and Klaus are gonna fight.
The extended promo shows Damon and Klaus fighting in front of a hospital. I'm thinking the person that 'saves' her is actually Stefan, by somehow finding the willpower to stop feeding before he kills her. He could rush Elena to the hospital afterwards.

It goes with the Buffy/Angel comparison Julie was talking about, since the exact same thing happened in the episode he left in.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

That would make sense, and then Stefan will have all this guilt for what he did... or what he almost does.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Total Fan

I have a feeling Bonnie might stop Stefan.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

That could happen too.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Maybe that is why Elena is still trying to reach him still in episode 7 cause, she's thinking since he still can have the power to not kill her but instead save her/sent her to the hospital - she still thinks he can be save even if he did bite her. Maybe he was really gonna kill her almost to the point he was gonna kill her but then somehow found power to stop. Obviously she can't die and I dont see her being a vampire this early.

OR Bonnie stop Stefan.

Icon by me.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

How far into the season do you guys think they'll start the de-toxing?
Old 10-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Okay so in the promo it seems like it's Elena right but some people are speculating it's Katherine instead of Elena. I don't understand in what circumstances would it be Katherine that Stefan is gonna bite instead of Elena.

Peter, how do you know the Damon and Klaus fighting scene between them is actually in front of a hospital? I look at the promo even stop at on the scene, I don't see it but all I see is some lights on the background

Icon by me.

Last edited by minilight1020; 10-08-2011 at 12:09 AM
Old 10-08-2011, 12:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Okay so in the promo it seems like it's Elena right but some people are speculating it's Katherine instead of Elena. I don't understand in what circumstances would it be Katherine that Stefan is gonna bite instead of Elena.
The circumstances where Damon/Katherine arrive back in town early, realize what Klaus is planning, and make the switch without him knowing it. Which would be kind of ingenious on their part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
How far into the season do you guys think they'll start the de-toxing?
I think the de-toxing will start in episode 10, letting us go into hiatus with Stefan taking baby-steps towards his recovery--though I think it'll take awhile before he gets there. I would honestly be surprised if it happened sooner than that. Seeing Lexi again will probably make Stefan want to try, but he won't be able to make a move towards it until he's out of Klaus' grasp.

Quote:
Maybe that is why Elena is still trying to reach him still in episode 7 cause, she's thinking since he still can have the power to not kill her but instead save her/sent her to the hospital - she still thinks he can be save even if he did bite her. Maybe he was really gonna kill her almost to the point he was gonna kill her but then somehow found power to stop. Obviously she can't die and I dont see her being a vampire this early.
Yeah, and it's a little too soon since the last near-turning to tease that again, I imagine. I expect they're going to wait until the end of the second-last season before they go into that(unless it's a temporary thing, like in the books). I'm just hoping it's not another Roswell-type thing, where she gets supernatural powers and we only get to see her use them for a few episodes before the end.

Even if they were going to do it this early, I'm pretty sure they'd save it for a finale or a premiere. Maybe even mid-season hiatus if they wanted to be shocking. Yeah, I know they turned Vicki in the sixth episode, but Elena's the main character.

Quote:
Peter, how do you know the Damon and Klaus fighting scene between them is actually in front of a hospital? I look at the promo even stop at on the scene, I don't see it but all I see is some lights on the background
It's on the extended promo. There's a sign in the background that looks like the type of sign they usually have in front of a hospital. I didn't even notice it myself until someone else pointed it out to me:

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/83...1007193008.png

Last edited by LeeryAndPotter; 10-08-2011 at 12:22 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread