Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA504 (View Post)
That's all well an good for him but it's not right to hold Katie hostage(yes that's what he's doing imo) until he feels ready to except what he's done.
I completely agree with you but The Watcher doesn't care he's selfish. I agree with you though. If he loves her as much as he says then he should just walk away for awhile until he get himself together.

Quote:
Now that Joshua has messed with Katie's head, literally, what else is he going to do to protect his secrets? Clearly, he isn't as reformed as he tried so adamantly to convince both King and Katie, though it appears the one he really failed to convince was himself. I wonder, though, if he actually removed her memories or just blocked them somehow. Maybe a handshake with Daphne is all she needs to unlock them, and in a ripple effect bringing total recall to Daphne as well?

Oh Daphne - just what is happening to you? Sure, she's only a teenager, but she's developing a pattern of using her abilities to her advantage, and now she has a shiny new toy with which to play. The look on her face after she realized she had been able to mentally persuade the gunman to walk away quickly faded to one I found to be, quite frankly, disturbing when she did the same thing to her father to escape punishment. I don't anticipate the writers trying to turn her into a villain, but she needs to learn the lesson right quick that this opportunistic streak is not a hero's path.
Source

I totally agree with the Daphne part. I really hope it's not a continually thing....and I hadn't thought about that. probably he did just block the memory and not erase. With Daphne it was definitely earased cause she didn't remember three months but with Katie she just didn't remember the moment. I think it was just mind manipulation , like compelling someone.

it appears the one he really failed to convince was himself. I agree, until he really fully convince himself he'll be able to finally tell others and he just need to accept it already...I know it's a hard thing to accept cause he never believe he'll fall in love with Katie but he needs to accept it and be honest with himself and Katie if he wants a healthy relationship with the one he loves.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Yeah I agree will all of that

Daphne will just have to learn the hard way I guess.

Quote:
I agree, until he really fully convince himself he'll be able to finally tell others and he just need to accept it already...I know it's a hard thing to accept cause he never believe he'll fall in love with Katie but he needs to accept it and be honest with himself and Katie if he wants a healthy relationship with the one he loves.
I'm sure he believed he wouldn't have a future with any one but now he sees he can and is trying to make it happen but you have to be honest with yourself first
Old 02-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Do you think the Daphne thing will last awhile?... I'm really hoping not.

I agree with you Maurice, he has to be honest with himself cause it's the only way Katie and him would ever have anything close to a natural relationship. You can't keep "your love lockdown" ...was thinking about a song just then...BUT back to the point. I'm really hoping so much that he tells her within the next few episodes. I know she won't take it easy but he's going to have to man up and accept it.lol
Old 02-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Maybe a couple of episode kids with powers to mix this was bound to happen.

"love lock down" good one Tia yeah maybe he wants to tell her but that's why he should have just went back to working for Dr. King and he would have been able to tell Katie when he was ready.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He still can go to work back to working for Dr.King right....even though that'll mean killing a lot of people. I do wish he told in a way because he could have explained what Dr.King made him do and hopefully Katie could have told Stephanie and Stephanie could have told Katie what the other guy told her about Dr.King. and they Katie would have probably really believe mysterious then...

That's why it's not good that Katie isn't telling anyone.

Well he still can work with Dr.King until he get fed up and finally be honest.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Yeah she should have told Steph or left her a message or something that would have been another twist to what the watcher did not knowing that Steph will know what he's done a well.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Agreed....Katie has to ask more questions. He won't erase her mind by asking them. He'll just erase her mind when she finds out he's a killer. It'll be so much better if he wasn't a liar. and Katie thinks she knows completely everything about him now....

Would you disappointed if Daphne went to the darkside?
Old 02-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
He won't erase her mind by asking them. He'll just erase her mind when she finds out he's a killer.
thanks for the good laugh

Not really but i hope it doesn't happen and I definitely don't want her working with Dr. king
Old 02-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA504 (View Post)
thanks for the good laugh

Not really but i hope it doesn't happen and I definitely don't want her working with Dr. king
Anything Lol

I'm sorry but that would just be WOW. Daphne really starts working with Dr.King. It would really be craziness...the writers better not even think it.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

I was so happy with the Kate/Watcher scene at the start...just like I imagined!!! but then she found out...I knew she would react that way...she actually seemed more hurt than angry...and I really believe that if he had been honest with her then she would have forgiven him in time...

Their future looks very bleak right now. I love them together but I also am not loving the lies...everytime from now on when I see them happy I don't think I'll enjoy it as much...there is a dark cloud hanging over them more than ever now...

BUT there are two reasons why I think he lied again...to amp up tension for their eventual fall out:

1) Either Daphne will remember.
2) The serum will run out & he won't be able to manipulate her mind.

Regardless, I do believe Joshua loves Katie like he says and I believe him when he says he won't lie to her anymore (regarding everyday normal things)...but when it comes to his dark past...he just can't risk that...I am torn as I sympathise but at the same time I know that this is not the right way to love someone... I really hope he gets a shock to his conscience and does the right thing soon...

------------

On a side note: I ADORED the scene with George and Katie...they have a very brother/sister relationship which I like...the flirting was cute but I don't see that kind of chemistry between them at all...plus its so obvious to have the side-kick pair up romantically with the other side-kick...I hope they do NOT go there...

Steph/Jim: Hilarious! Especially with Steph's sketch!

Daphne: I see her turning bad to be honest...but not to the extent as to work for DR. KING though!

OVERALL an amazing episode! So much action & great humour...loved everything including the angst with Katie/Joshua....I hope this will boost up the ratings because the show deserves it...!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
On a side note: I ADORED the scene with George and Katie...they have a very brother/sister relationship which I like...the flirting was cute but I don't see that kind of chemistry between them at all...plus its so obvious to have the side-kick pair up romantically with the other side-kick...I hope they do NOT go there...
I thought that had chemistry I wouldn't mind it if it where to happen.

Quote:
that sketch was awful but I wasn't surprised.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaSiva (View Post)
I was so happy with the Kate/Watcher scene at the start...just like I imagined!!! but then she found out...I knew she would react that way...she actually seemed more hurt than angry...and I really believe that if he had been honest with her then she would have forgiven him in time...

Their future looks very bleak right now. I love them together but I also am not loving the lies...everytime from now on when I see them happy I don't think I'll enjoy it as much...there is a dark cloud hanging over them more than ever now...

BUT there are two reasons why I think he lied again...to amp up tension for their eventual fall out:

1) Either Daphne will remember.
2) The serum will run out & he won't be able to manipulate her mind.

Regardless, I do believe Joshua loves Katie like he says and I believe him when he says he won't lie to her anymore (regarding everyday normal things)...but when it comes to his dark past...he just can't risk that...I am torn as I sympathise but at the same time I know that this is not the right way to love someone... I really hope he gets a shock to his conscience and does the right thing soon...

------------

Daphne: I see her turning bad to be honest...but not to the extent as to work for DR. KING though!

OVERALL an amazing episode! So much action & great humour...loved everything including the angst with Katie/Joshua....I hope this will boost up the ratings because the show deserves it...!!!
I agree with your whole post. I believe George and Katie has the friendship kind of chemistry and their bickering was A M A Z I N G they were just incredible in their scenes together...I don't see the writers going there. Katie is for Joshua. he'll be honest with her on his own terms. He is jut not use to things just coming out to him out of no where so he didn't react really smartly or good to the situation. Katie really would have forgiven him in time but The Watcher has to give her time to adjust to all the news but I'm still waiting for the day he's ready to tell her.

I believe he wiped out her memories for the reasons you said and cause he was afraid that she would go tell Stephanie about him. of course she wouldn't have called the cops but yeah I think he should have explained his point of view to Katie and made her understand why he did what he did and how he tried to get rid of his powers once he fell in love with her but finally some kind of angst here. even though he needs to be honest ASAP...like really as soon as possible..next episode asap but yeah I'm just even more into their story now cause it's really unpredictable now. It could really go any way.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Will check back here to respond some other time as I'm in a rush...but here is a really good youtube review of NOF Not much about Katie/Watcher though....sorry...

YouTube - No Ordinary Family No Ordinary Double Standards review
Old 02-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's alright, thanks for posting that review! I'll check it out later...
Old 02-10-2011, 12:00 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

I'll check that out later thanks for posting it though