Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

1x14 "No Ordinary Double Standard" Episode Discussion

No Ordinary Double Standard
February 8th 2011
ABC Tuesdays 8/7c

After a friend is attacked, Stephanie tells Jim that she wants to join forces with him to help catch the perp. But when Jim informs Stephanie that he's built for crime fighting - and she's not - the competition is on to see which one of them can solve the case first. Meanwhile, Daphne feels like Jim is invoking a double standard when he allows JJ to date a senior but won't let her do the same, and Katie learns some disturbing news about Joshua - aka The Watcher.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

For those who are interested...

No Ordinary Family - Episode 1.14 - No Ordinary Double Standard - Sneak Peeks:

No Ordinary Family - Episode 1.14 - No Ordinary Double Standard - Sneak Peeks | Spoiler TV
Old 02-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Finally this show is returning this week. can't wait to see what happens in this episode....I did not read the synopsis but yeah I can't wait to see what happens.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Yeah it back

I wanna watch those sneek peeks but i'm not gonna
Old 02-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

haha no worries. Sorry to put temptation there! - I am just one of those impatient people! hehe. I am SO excited as well. I watch NOF online on Wednesday morning since I'm in the UK. I wake up at 6am to watch it...and I do not mind at all!
Old 02-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

Seems so freaking goood!!!!
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 02-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Great episode!

Jim/Stephanie competing to catch villain was great to see, figure Jim would be a lil jealous to begin with but he came around in the end.

The watcher/Katie that first scene was cute an all the whole cooking her breakfest and then levitating her loved it all. Then Dr. King told her the truth about the watcher(like I knew he would) Katie confronts him but he erases her memory a lil bit didn't see that coming. now I kinda hate the watcher right now.

JJ/Bailey I was liking there little relationship but he's still into Natalie.

Daphne WTF she has another ability this one is pretty cool getting people to do what you want them to do and she used it on Jim

Oh and George/Katie scene finally they were so funny, Katie flirting with George I liked it kinda always had the idea of them being a couple

Great episode overall and next weeks looks just as good if not better
Old 02-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!! That's why I can't hate The Watcher. I have been saying for weeks that if she found out then he can just erase what she remembers. He just can't deal with losing her! Finally some drama for Katie/Watcher! I didn't want it to be all happy times, having the Watcher completely good. Just not believable for now. He'll be completely good in time but Joshua having the save Katie last week forced him to take that serum and the powers doesn't make him a good person. I'm telling you he reminds me of Cole from Charmed each and every week. They kill and the are power hunger but the love of a woman is the only one they really love and all of that.

Dr.King I was happy to see him this week. It's also good to know what Dr.King does to give people abilities. Hopefully better luck next week with getting The Watcher back on your team.

JJ/Bailey I prefer over JJ with Natalie.

Daphne/Chris really grew on me...I still like Chris even in the relationship so I can't wait to see where it goes.

George and Katie finally having scenes and they nailed it, I knew anything they working on together would be great television.

Jim VS Stephanie I loved it.

Where is the scene where Jim says "we have to combine our powers"? I guess that's in another episode.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

I don't think he really had to erase her memory, yeah Katie was mad at him and told him to leave, but for someone that just found out her boyfriend has been killing people she didn't seem all that mad so eventually maybe he could have gotten her back it just would have taken time.. the lying is getting old and boring to me.

Quote:
Where is the scene where Jim says "we have to combine our powers"? I guess that's in another episode.
IKR.... maybe that's for next weeks epsiode.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I feel like sending the NOF writers and ABC a fan letter. Only because I appreciate them not making The Watcher OOC and predictable....him erasing memory is in character because he has a fear of losing her. It's probably like the most scary thought for him now cause he knows that Dr.King is right that, Katie can't accept the real him. I think she can in time but I think The Watcher is thinking like that.... He just can't give up that true happiness yet.

So I really am understanding his character more and more every week even though I NEEDD to know his backstory.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

It was lame to me and the easy way out.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's how The Watcher is though... he's not completely good, it's going to take time for that he is good but not completely good. He is evil but not completely evil. He is a neutral character. Katie makes him good but he's too selfish to make her walk away and find out the full truth about him.

This whole thing would be better if I knew more about his past though. I think he's use to using his powers that way that's why he wanted them removed but to save Katie's life he got it again.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

It's not about him being good or evil just be a man and own up to what you did
Old 02-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA504 (View Post)
It's not about him being good or evil just be a man and own up to what you did
That's the whole point though, he didn't accept what he did and he didn't man up to what he did. When he finally accepts and move on from what he did will be the day he finally is able to let someone completely in.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

That's all well an good for him but it's not right to hold Katie hostage(yes that's what he's doing imo) until he feels ready to except what he's done.