Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm gonna re-watch this episode on Friday Midnight. so Saturday...
Old 02-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Good for you
Old 02-12-2011, 01:26 AM
Master Fan

Finally got around to watching the episode. I really liked it - definitely one of the better episodes of the series, IMO.

- The Jim vs. Steph stuff was a lot of fun. I was Team Steph all the way, but then, double standards really bug me, so Jim was kind of annoying me this episode. I'm glad it looks like they'll be teaming up more in the future.

- Watcher/Katie: loved both of their scenes together, in different ways. Their first scene was super cute, and I liked seeing Katie bringing out the lighter, more smiley side of The Watcher. But I liked final scene as well, disturbing as it was, because I've been wanting to see some angst between them eventually. The Watcher being willing to wipe Katie's memory didn't shock me all that much, because much as he may love her, I think his fear of losing her is overriding everything else at the moment. And I'm sure it'll come back to bite him and make things worse for him down the road if/when Katie finds out the truth, and I'm looking forward to the drama.

- The Katie/George stuff was really cute as well. I loved how excited George was that Katie had brought him a smoothie, and how betrayed he was that she had "violated the sanctity of the smoothie." As more than friends? I still prefer Watcher/Katie, with Katie/George as sidekicks and friends, but if The Watcher was ever permanently out of the picture (please, no!) I could be okay with Katie/George as a second choice.

- Loved Daphne's new power. I don't know whether it'll lead to darker things for her, but I like her having a more active power, and persuasion is a pretty cool one.

- Not much to say about the dates, except that I preferred Daphne/Chris stuff to JJ/Bailey. Oh, and also: did this episode ever settle whether Daphne is a sophomore or a junior? Before this episode, I kind of thought she was a junior, but Jim's concerns about Daphne dating Chris would make a lot more sense if she's a sophomore. If Daphne's was a junior, Jim letting JJ but not Daphne date a senior would be really ridiculous.
that a broken heart is blind
Old 02-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Echo*~ (View Post)
Finally got around to watching the episode. I really liked it - definitely one of the better episodes of the series, IMO.

- The Jim vs. Steph stuff was a lot of fun. I was Team Steph all the way, but then, double standards really bug me, so Jim was kind of annoying me this episode. I'm glad it looks like they'll be teaming up more in the future.

- Watcher/Katie: loved both of their scenes together, in different ways. Their first scene was super cute, and I liked seeing Katie bringing out the lighter, more smiley side of The Watcher. But I liked final scene as well, disturbing as it was, because I've been wanting to see some angst between them eventually. The Watcher being willing to wipe Katie's memory didn't shock me all that much, because much as he may love her, I think his fear of losing her is overriding everything else at the moment. And I'm sure it'll come back to bite him and make things worse for him down the road if/when Katie finds out the truth, and I'm looking forward to the drama.

- The Katie/George stuff was really cute as well. I loved how excited George was that Katie had brought him a smoothie, and how betrayed he was that she had "violated the sanctity of the smoothie." As more than friends? I still prefer Watcher/Katie, with Katie/George as sidekicks and friends, but if The Watcher was ever permanently out of the picture (please, no!) I could be okay with Katie/George as a second choice.

- Loved Daphne's new power. I don't know whether it'll lead to darker things for her, but I like her having a more active power, and persuasion is a pretty cool one.

- Not much to say about the dates, except that I preferred Daphne/Chris stuff to JJ/Bailey. Oh, and also: did this episode ever settle whether Daphne is a sophomore or a junior? Before this episode, I kind of thought she was a junior, but Jim's concerns about Daphne dating Chris would make a lot more sense if she's a sophomore. If Daphne's was a junior, Jim letting JJ but not Daphne date a senior would be really ridiculous.
I agree, for this episode I was Team Steph all the way. I was like "I HOPE Stephanie wins!" I was never routing for her as much as I was in this episode.

The Watcher/Katie - I enjoyed both scenes a lot as well and I'm with you with the whole angsty, I really wanted it so much so I'm kind of glad we are getting a bit of it and as for the mind reading it just really didn't upset me to the extreme as it probably should have because I do believe The Watcher loves Katie but he's just afraid of losing her like I mentioned many times in the past. I also agree that his fear of losing her is overriding everything else at the moment so he's not really thinking clearly or something. I'm all up for the drama as well!

I agree with your whole post with Katie/George. their scenes were great but I enjoy them as sidekicks friends. Probably if The Watcher and Katie storyline never happened I would have totally approved but yeah....now I can't. I hope we get a lot more scenes between them though.

Yeah Jim was full of double standard for the day.