Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-10-2014, 07:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

To be perfectly honest I had already lost all interest in PLL these last 4 months which is one of the reasons why I have not been posting. I was already beyond tired of being strung along by the horribly rushed, inconsistent, stale, repetitive, schizoid, and cold writing for Paily and for ALL of the characters(and couples) on the show.

PLL has just been an awfully written show with no real entertainment or thrills for the last 2 seasons. The writers have merely been going through the motions and its the fans who have been suffering trying to stick it out with the show. When a show becomes dull as dishwater and becomes a real chore to watch then you know it's time to throw in the towel.

I only hung in because I wanted to see if TPTB would at least give Paily a good story in season 5 or at least give Paige (and Paily) a satisfactory send off. I knew that Paily would not remain together after how rushed 5A was and after the radio silence from TPTB in regards to Paily these last few months. The writing was on the wall. However I still hoped that Paige and Paily would get a decent send off. Instead TPTB lazily and sloppily have Paige move away to California. PLL is renewed for 2 more seasons. So why was there the need to rush and write Paige off BEFORE prom and graduation? I'm sure this was done so that Emily could easily move on and juggle new love interests (the chef and Ali). But it was still crappy the way it was done.

TPTB have just cheated Paige (and Paily) fans out of two main rituals of high school. TPTB could have easily given Paily a huge send off by having them have a wonderful and meaningful prom to remember for all time. And by showing Paige graduating with everyone else before she went off to Stanford to fulfill her dreams. Then we could have seen Paily have a bittersweet and romantic parting of the ways in an open-ended manner.

However the fact that TPTB took such a lazy, shoddy, and half-***ed way of ushering Paige off screen just shows that they never cared about Paige or Paily(or the fans). It was quite the insult to the fans who have stood by the show since season one. And the upcoming spoilers about the Liars and the couples who are left on the canvas sound totally disastrous in my opinion. Sounds like more nonsense, more filler, and more stale storylines. There's nothing to see on PLL's anymore. The show ended in season 3 in my view. Now that Paige and Paily are done I can totally leave behind PLL.

I was barely hanging on so now I can completely leave it behind for good as I refuse to be strung along with empty promises nor will I continue to watch a show that no longer interests me. I hope that Lindsey will be able to find work on a few cable prime time shows where she will get the respect and equal treatment that she deserves as an actress. She's so talented and I hope she will have a more stable career in prime time television.

I will never support or watch anything from Marlene King and her team again. I may pop in from time to time. But if I don't I just want to say that it was cool posting with all of you guys. And we will always have some good Paily moments and memories to cherish.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:18 AM
Moderator Support Team

Well, it's been real guys. It was a pleasure posting with you all. I may drop in every now and then for old time's sake, but I don't forsee anything good happening, so really, what's the point? I'm sorry it had to end like this. I always put the STORY before Paily, and I loved Emily and Paige equally, but really, this entire show has gone to ****. Even if S2, before we even knew Paige would be back, at least the show still had heart. At least I actually enjoyed watching it. But even with Paige IN the show, it's almost unbearable.

Quote:
The show ended in season 3 in my view.
This.

Quote:
TPTB have just cheated Paige (and Paily) fans out of two main rituals of high school. TPTB could have easily given Paily a huge send off by having them have a wonderful and meaningful prom to remember for all time. And by showing Paige graduating with everyone else before she went off to Stanford to fulfill her dreams. Then we could have seen Paily have a bittersweet and romantic parting of the ways in an open-ended manner.

However the fact that TPTB took such a lazy, shoddy, and half-***ed way of ushering Paige off screen just shows that they never cared about Paige or Paily (or the fans). It was quite the insult to the fans who have stood by the show since season one.
****ing preach it. Someone should send this to MK.
S T A R D U S T
Old 12-10-2014, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmmm.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:32 AM
Master Fan

Hey guys. The goodbyes in here are making me sad. I'd hate to see this thread wither away to nothing, but I can't say that I've done much to help in that area. I have yet to see the episode, and I see that we got some cute stuff, but I can't even bring myself to enjoy that because it looks like we got screwed once again. I haven't been invested in PLL in a really long time, probably since season 3 and things have been downhill since. The Emison stuff just really turned me off, especially thier fans. The constant waiting and the blantant disprespect for Paige and Paily wore me down. And I had to pull away a bit. I will always love Paily, and I will always love the beautiful moments we were allowed to have with them. And I will especially always think fondly of this thread, it has been so special to me for a really long time. You guys are all so special to me, even if I haven't been around much lately.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

JD kinda stated not to give up. My guess they can't confirm Lindsey after 5x14 because they are using the whole Paige is leaving or staying as a cliff hanger . PLL has been more tight lip about things this season. I wasn't getting my hopes high for PLL Christmas bc it was being over hyped to much n stuff. Also Lindsey herself stated "Why wouldn't Paige be on season 5b" When a Paily fan asked if Paige was going to be in more then one ep in 5b.Plus a close source said that Emily dream of going to college will come true and I mean Paily will go or end up in Stanford together. Paige might go ahead first but towards the end of season 5b Emily will get her shot to go too. That's why in JD new story in the ending paiges dream is that Emily is waiting for her in rosewood. Either Paige returns to rosewood or Emily goes to Stanford. So yeah I believe in JDs words. PAILY is eternal.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I've calmed down a bit.

But I'm still confused... So has it been confirmed Lindsey is leaving the show? I'm so fricken confused because I wasn't spoiled for this and had no idea while watching last night.

What exactly do we know as far as the actress and 5B? Is it possible she has a slight break like Keegan did?
Old 12-10-2014, 12:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark5ky (View Post)
JD kinda stated not to give up. My guess they can't confirm Lindsey after 5x14 because they are using the whole Paige is leaving or staying as a cliff hanger . PLL has been more tight lip about things this season. I wasn't getting my hopes high for PLL Christmas bc it was being over hyped to much n stuff. Also Lindsey herself stated "Why wouldn't Paige be on season 5b" When a Paily fan asked if Paige was going to be in more then one ep in 5b.Plus a close source said that Emily dream of going to college will come true and I mean Paily will go or end up in Stanford together. Paige might go ahead first but towards the end of season 5b Emily will get her shot to go too. That's why in JD new story in the ending paiges dream is that Emily is waiting for her in rosewood. Either Paige returns to rosewood or Emily goes to Stanford. So yeah I believe in JDs words. PAILY is eternal.
I just don't trust JD much anymore, tbh. And I didn't see on his Twitter that suggested there's hope.

Quote:
So has it been confirmed Lindsey is leaving the show?
We literally no nothing because everyone is so goddamn tight-lipped about this bull****.
S T A R D U S T
Old 12-10-2014, 12:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

So disappointed in last night's episode. If that was Paily's ending I'm going to be pissed. What a pathetic ending to give to such a wonderful couple. A goodbye and a hug? Are you kidding me!?!!?! They, and us, deserve so much better.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Nothing has been confirmed besides the fact that Lindsey is in 514. I don't think anyone is going to be saying much though because they know throwin Paige out like this was bs. And now they're going to start with the the whole "never say never" crap. And really in that online chat Lindsey said she couldn't say anything but that yes she did "appear " in 5b. So I think that really might be it for her. I just don't understand why. I doubt it was a choice on her part though. She's never said anything but good things about the show and how much she loves working on it and the fans of Paily. I don't think she would just up and leave so obviously this is the writers choice. Which makes no sense whatsoever. Unless, ha, they're really that good and they're pulling some crazy twist out of their ass later in 5b or they bring her back in s6. I ain't watching the rest of the season though. I can't invest anymore time into a show like this.

This was just so forced and unecessary. That ten second moment was not heartfelt at all. There was no discussion at all about it. We knew since s4 that Paige was going to have to leave and that was painful enough. And now we can't even have the rest of their senior year? Are you ****ing kidding me?! We get them together happy, like really happy since after they broke up, for one ****ing episode and then just okay bye? That's what we get for suffering through the entire pile of crap that was last season? Come on, dude. Like what a joke.

And now we know that 514 is 3 months later and it's just going to be them saying goodbye to each other, if they even bother to do that. It's probably going to be some bs about Paige coming back for the funeral and then they decide a ldr isn't working and they end for good. And I don't even want to see that. I'm just going to make up my own ending because they have done nothing but ruin this couple more and more since 4x09. Ever since then for me it's been one kick in the teeth after another. And now they will probably have Emily go into her little oh so confused state about Alison. Whatever.

I hate how bitter I feel right now. Like I really loved this couple so much and seeing them together gave me so much and for writers to have them go out like this is the worst feeling ever right now. I'm still going to be coming in and out of here because I still want to remember the amazing times we did get to have and I love being able to talk to people about it all. I still believe in my heart that Paily is endgame and I'm just going to give them my own happy ending.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

This sucks so much.

Thing is... during their meal together I did get the feeling that the four couples were totally endgame. It was the writing and how the entire scene was constructed. I actually still believe that Emily/Paige are endgame. I just think for now they will be long distance and put on hold until later on. I don't love this scenario but if it comes to crumbs, I will take the crumbs. I still want them endgame even if I don't like this crap in between.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
JD kinda stated not to give up
Where? I've seen nothing. I really don't blame the guy. Quite frankly, I think he's just as upset as the rest of us. JD may be an executive producer, and I'm sure he's fought for them lots, but he's also 1 vote around that table. We don't know what went down in that writers room, and for all we know, Paige does come back eventually. Who knows, maybe Emily's endgame is in California. Nobody is telling us anything though, so what else are we to do but assume she's leaving and this is it. I'm not really in the mood to be jerked around with those "you never know!" comments from MK.

I sort of got the sense from his remark about "having control" that he was just as upset as we are. And even though 511 was disappointing as far as JD episodes go, I seem to recall that mostly being down to a) our hope for a reunion that episode. b) the screentime we thought we were getting but didn't and c) wasted time on Ravenswood stuff. So no, I don't blame JD for any of this.

What makes it horrible, is that we had no indication this was happening...a least Haleb fans knew what was coming. I guess we know how Maya fans felt when they were blindsided with her death. At least Paige is staying alive.

Do they decide on long distance? I guess that will come up in 514. Quite frankly, I'd rather Emily not cheat on Paige (emotionally or otherwise) with Alison if that is indeed happening again. I also have no desire see her rebound with some new girl either.

The worst part is that they ARE so happy. I loved seeing them so happy. I feel like this is the equivalent of someone handing you a beautiful gift but then snatching it away and smashing it in front of your face.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

ETA: FF went wonky. Sorry for the DP.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAFriend (View Post)

The worst part is that they ARE so happy. I loved seeing them so happy. I feel like this is the equivalent of someone handing you a beautiful gift but then snatching it away and smashing it in front of your face.
It's horrible but this part I actually think is a good sign. There is no way realistically they can sell Emily with anyone else but Paige. I like that at least she is not leaving because they had a horrible break up and they are totally up in the air. They are still very much together right now. There is not enough time in the series to introduce anyone else for Emily. No way. I still think Emily/Paige are endgame. I just hate that we have absolutely no idea what is coming for the short term.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Exactly! Like I wouldn't be nearly as upset if they had never gotten back together and then this happened. That would make this all so much easier to swallow and also more believable. But they put them back together! Why?! What reason other than to screw with fans? That's not drama, they've had plenty of that the last two seasons. This was just cruel, IMO.

I still feel like Emily is so done with Ali but the writers will string them along as long as they can. I could see picture Paily doing long distance, I mean half the time the relationship seems that way anyways. Plus at least they won't need to constantly have to come up with excuses as to why she's not around cause we all know where she is. Plus lbr Paige could be on another planet and that wouldn't keep her from calling or checking in with Em. But the writers probably won't even give us that.

I have very little hope of anything good at this point but if I'm wrong and somehow this does work out I will not only be amazed but will apologize for all my hatefulness towards the writers. For now I'm just going to keep my own Paily ending replaying in my head, which consists of them having a ldr with Paige visiting in between as often as possible and then coming back and taking Emily with her to a beach front apartment at the end of senior year. That's my ending for them. Puffy drapes included.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:14 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
they have done nothing but ruin this couple more and more since 4x09
More like since 4x02.

Quote:
I like that at least she is not leaving because they had a horrible break up and they are totally up in the air.
Lol @ the other ship if they can only happen because 1/2 of the love triangle is written off the show.

Best case scenario: Paily decide to have a LDR and it lasts, Em goes to Stanford, then there's a time jump between S5 & S6 and in S6 Paily are still together.

I'm not gonna hold my breath.
S T A R D U S T