Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-24-2014, 10:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

[QUOTE}
I am a little bit torn about that moment. It could have been nothing more than a throw-away conversation in the hallway, but why was that "love"-"like" wording so deliberate?[/QUOTE]

The line by Sydney threw me as well, why say everyone loves Paige, then say like. It sounded deliberate to me as well. I don't want to read into it, but on this show every word means something significant.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

"I don't think it was anyone on the sharks, everyone loves paige. Likes her...I mean"

Translation: Everyone on the swim team is crushing on paige and wants her to be their girlfriend" (*did i just say that out loud, oops) "I mean everyone on the swim team likes paige. LIKES. that's all."

that's how I took that. (Sydney confirming my headcanon that everyone on the swim team is gay for paige)

anyway, I didn't watch this episode live because I thought it was going to be horrible. Then I saw my tumblr dash blowing up with loads of Paily feels and so I had to check it out.

THAT PHONE CALL WAS EVERYTHING<3
I'm so glad Bryan Holdman fixed what JL effed up in 5x06

Emily being protective of paige, emily apologizing for effing up and putting her in danger, and that almost ILY
i've probably watched that scene about 500 times already.
so good
who knew a paigeless episode would give me so many paily feels<3
Old 07-24-2014, 02:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleer90 (View Post)
"I don't think it was anyone on the sharks, everyone loves paige. Likes her...I mean"

Translation: Everyone on the swim team is crushing on paige and wants her to be their girlfriend" (*did i just say that out loud, oops) "I mean everyone on the swim team likes paige. LIKES. that's all."

that's how I took that. (Sydney confirming my headcanon that everyone on the swim team is gay for paige)

anyway, I didn't watch this episode live because I thought it was going to be horrible. Then I saw my tumblr dash blowing up with loads of Paily feels and so I had to check it out.

THAT PHONE CALL WAS EVERYTHING<3
I'm so glad Bryan Holdman fixed what JL effed up in 5x06

Emily being protective of paige, emily apologizing for effing up and putting her in danger, and that almost ILY
i've probably watched that scene about 500 times already.
so good
who knew a paigeless episode would give me so many paily feels<3

I like your translation so I will go for that. I lost count of how many times I have watch that scene. I had tweeted that night that hearing Emily say that almost I love you to Paige, was worth her absence just a little. Would have been better if they actually talked in person or Emily went riding in the rain on her bike to apologize to Paige with coconut cupcake in hand. It just stinks that LS won't be in the next 3 eps, just wondering how she will come up in those. I hope she does in a big way like last night, Emily pleading her heart out where are you, please talk to me. Then Paige back in 5x11 for a reunion. I really wish we could see Paige picking up that voice mail.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

I mean, Mona and Sydney were throwing little remarks / digs about Paige to Emily all episode. "Who could do that to sweet Paige" "everyone loves...er likes Paige" "first you have a girlfriend, then you don't."

I'd like to think that, no matter their dastardly intentions, they're just big ol'Paily shippers at heart (In reality they probably just want Emily to get back with Paige in order to get her away from Alison....but then I'm sort of the opinion that "evil Mona" and her army may not be so evil afterall.)

As I complained about last season, Paige being gone for chunks of episodes was horrible, in large part ,because while she wasn't on screen she was never acknowledged. Paige wasn't there and suddenly it was like Emily didn't have a girlfriend. As long as Paige is mentioned, we can still feel like she's part of the story. I'm not sure if we'll get anymore of that kind of thing leading up to 511. I sort of feel like probably not, but I do think we'll see Emily getting more frustrated with Alison.

I sort of worry that even though it is JD, we may be assuming too much for 511 and getting our hopes up way too high. Lesson learned this week...lower expectations, get rewarded.

I'm going to try to be optimistic about 511 but calm my expectations a bit. (which may be an impossible task.)
Old 07-24-2014, 03:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAFriend (View Post)
I mean, Mona and Sydney were throwing little remarks / digs about Paige to Emily all episode. "Who could do that to sweet Paige" "everyone loves...er likes Paige" "first you have a girlfriend, then you don't."
This kills my headcanon but it's so true. They totally were
I'm not expecting anymore mentions until 511 either and I'm also keeping my expectations low for 511 even though JD wrote it. I remember being so excited for the paily in his episode in 414 and then they only got like 1 minute screen time.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAFriend (View Post)

I'd like to think that, no matter their dastardly intentions, they're just big ol'Paily shippers at heart (In reality they probably just want Emily to get back with Paige in order to get her away from Alison....but then I'm sort of the opinion that "evil Mona" and her army may not be so evil afterall.)

As I complained about last season, Paige being gone for chunks of episodes was horrible, in large part ,because while she wasn't on screen she was never acknowledged. Paige wasn't there and suddenly it was like Emily didn't have a girlfriend. As long as Paige is mentioned, we can still feel like she's part of the story. I'm not sure if we'll get anymore of that kind of thing leading up to 511. I sort of feel like probably not, but I do think we'll see Emily getting more frustrated with Alison.

I sort of worry that even though it is JD, we may be assuming too much for 511 and getting our hopes up way too high. Lesson learned this week...lower expectations, get rewarded.

I'm going to try to be optimistic about 511 but calm my expectations a bit. (which may be an impossible task.)

I think what ticks me off the most is when I see a certain ship say, Emily will only go back to Paige, because of some tricks of Mona & her army, not that Emily could actually come to her senses, and realize Paige is the one in her heart & she truly loves her. It's oh, Paige is always 2nd choice, my blood boils when I read that stuff.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleer90 (View Post)
This kills my headcanon but it's so true. They totally were
I'm not expecting anymore mentions until 511 either and I'm also keeping my expectations low for 511 even though JD wrote it. I remember being so excited for the paily in his episode in 414 and then they only got like 1 minute screen time.
I'm sorry! haha. If it helps I liked your headcanon better

I'm at the point where I couldn't care less what other people say or think. We're seeing this story play out one way and people who don't like it can spin it however they want or shape it into whatever if it makes them feel better. At the end of the day we're going to see what we're going to see and interpret it based on our own feelings.

What all of us here see is Emily Fields caring for and still very much loving Paige McCullers.

That's all that matters.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

Yep, that is exactly how I took that comment in that scene as well. Sydney was letting Emily know that Paige is pretty popular with the ladies. That line made me smile.

Quote:
This is very true
Spoiler:

I'm sure JD will do a good job with any Paily scenes that are featured in any of the episodes he writes(and directs) this season. He has consistently written very well for Paily. Hopefully Paily will get some decent screen time in the upcoming episodes as well. I don't care what other fan bases say about Paily. As long as the writers make it clear that Emily loves Paige and wants to be with her then a Paily reunion would be most excellent in my view. Episode 507 made it clear that Emily does indeed still love Paige. Emily is still conflicted but her love for Paige remains. We knew it remained but it was nice to see it confirmed onscreen. The writers need to remember the first rule of storytelling which is show, don't tell.

Last edited by MarvelDCFanatic; 07-24-2014 at 05:20 PM
Old 07-24-2014, 06:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

I know you've been the one saying it Marvel, and even though it makes COMPLETE sense for me to have it happen in 511, given what seems to be ahead (and JD, come on)....I sort of want to stay on your cautious side of the room. I don't want to expect it and get let down. We've been there too many times and it's too disappointing when it happens. I do think it will happen pre or at the latest during christmas though.

No matter what we're going to get great scenes. It's JD though...PLL master of romance, Paily shepherd...who else to bring them back together? It could be epic.

No..no...must stop...must lower expectations.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

I Still believe E/a is endgame PAILY IS SO OVER!!! lol just kidding (don't hurt me)!....for an episode that didn't even include Paige physically we still got ALOT of hate for it. I honestly dreaded this ep because of all the abc promoting and hashtags of this being an e/A date. Anyways some e/a fans believe that Emily mistakenly said I love.....because she was thinking of A oh wait sorry I mean Ali. yeah sure whatever.......Still I think with the whole Ali trying to frame an innocent man fo supposedly kidnapping her will be the last straw for the girls. That is why I think in 5x10 the girls r going to b like see ya later A... which will make Ali angry and her little dark side will start showing causing the girls to form some sort of alliance with Mona.......and then in 5x11 I think with Paige return Emily still be saying sorry and trying to making it up to Paige. Quick question do u guys think PAIGE might still end up saving one of the girls during this season.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Alison always puts her own interests first and foremost and expects Emily to just "save" her without ever giving back.
Exactly! I mean, how could Emily sustain a relationship where she always has to shoulder that kind of burden?

Quote:
(Sydney confirming my headcanon that everyone on the swim team is gay for paige)
Quote:
Yep, that is exactly how I took that comment in that scene as well. Sydney was letting Emily know that Paige is pretty popular with the ladies. That line made me smile.
LOL! Well, that makes perfect sense! I love it when the audience is reminded that Paige is a sexy beast. She’s only a puppy dog when it comes to Emily.

Quote:
Paige being gone for chunks of episodes was horrible, in large part ,because while she wasn't on screen she was never acknowledged. Paige wasn't there and suddenly it was like Emily didn't have a girlfriend. As long as Paige is mentioned, we can still feel like she's part of the story.
I agree. There’s so many other episodes where it’s like she ceases to exist. It’s not quite as good as seeing Paige on screen, but I really felt an actual connection to Paily in this episode.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Ugh, I just ****ing love how they're showing Emily coming to terms with everything and realize how much she's asked of Paige and how much Paige has risked for her. And how she's realizing now that Alison always puts her own interests first and foremost and expects Emily to just "save" her without ever giving back. What Emily had was a real relationship, where they listened to each other and leaned on each other for mutual support. She doesn't have that with Alison -- never did and never will.
All of this. I don't want to expect anything from the next few episodes because that's just never a good thing, but with the message was a good start and it's a good place to start from with Emily figuring everything out. You could see it on her face how distressed she was after Sydney told her what happened. She realized right away the spot she had put Paige in and went looking for answers about it.

I'm still on the fence about when Paily could reunite. A huge part of me wants it to be 5x11 because of my fondness of JD and 9 out of 10 times he has given us great stuff (plus that's the earliest it could be and I just want it now!) But another part of me wouldn't mind waiting a little longer because I would personally enjoy more of a build up with Paige on-screen. I would like to see Paige hold out a bit, almost, only because of the kiss with Alison and I just want it to be a nice and paced out reunion, not like what they just did to Haleb where they are just throwing back together without any build up. (Haleb is my second favorite couple and I personally don't like the strange drunk thing they've got going on.)

Even though it's so far away I'm actually hoping for the xmas episode to be the reunion for Paily. I don't know why but I think it could be sweet.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

x

Paily confirmed for 514.

Goodbye friends I am gone.
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-25-2014, 07:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Of course! How could there ever be a JD episode without some Paily? It's like law.

That picture though...ugh, so flawless.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:42 PM
Moderator Support Team

I can't ****ing deal with how gorgeous they are and how perfect they look together.

How great is it that Paily is gonna be together going into S5b?
S T A R D U S T