Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Elite Fan

It's ok that you don't remember. i have a hard time recalling many of the details. I find myself trying to remember scenes when you mention them :lol

for more reading!
Ria
Old 04-23-2011, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hopefully I can help you a bit and whenever you have questions about some specific ones just go ahead

I didn't read a lot yesterday because not long after I had started my boyfriend arrived. But Jagang, the Sisters and Kahlan are leaving camp and I'm sure they're heading for the People's Palace.

ETA - I've read a bunch again and am about 70 pages from the end of the book! And indeed I was right... They are heading for the People's Palace.

Jagang finally got the message that the D'Haran army has left and rumor has spread as Richard intended it to do. I love his idea and I love how stupid Jagang is for believing those rumors. But that's the only thing that makes me happy right now. Kahlan had to undress and walk through the camp naked to get the attention of those soldiers that could see her. It was horrible but I love her spirit and her will to fight. She might not remember who she is but she definitely still is the same person she was before! Without even knowing it. She killed so many soldiers that saw her and just five made it to Jagang's tents.
I loved that she kept her promise and killed the two of her special guards which she promised to would be the first to be killed. But that only would end in another tour naked through the camp on Jagang's side. This hasn't happened yet but I know it will just be frightening. As the first night for her in his tent was. I really thought he'd rape her right away but dear spirits, he didn't! Thanks so much for sparing her! But his intentions aren't any better. I so damn believe in TG and him not letting us face this. I hope my trust isn't for nothing.

Besides of the Richard got caught by Six, thrown in this cell and thanks to his wits he hit the book! And, he was able to escape Six! But it almost broke my heart when Six told him that Kahlan was with Jagang. He was so shocked. The only positive thing that happened was him captured by the Imperial Order and be put in a potions in a Ja La di Jin team! He for sure will fight Jagang's team and that's when Richard and Kahlan will see each other again! I'm so sure of it (don't ask me why because I could be completely wrong ) But I remember reading a quote on FB about the moment when Richard saw her again. She's standing next to Jagang and didn't look well if I'm not mistaken. I've no clue when this will happen, if it's real or not but it's from the books and I assume it could be when he's playing again the Emperor's team. We'll just wait and see.

The best thing though was Rachel being able to escape and remembering the Box of Orden! I could kiss the child for it's wits as well! And Chase is alive and she found him! At least one positive thing in all this mess.

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 04-25-2011 at 07:44 AM
Old 04-25-2011, 11:21 PM
Elite Fan

Kahlan killing her guards is one of my favorite things of the book

So it sounds like you're almost finished? And you got to the part I was talking about! It's so exciting. I actually went and re-read it yesterday night
Ria
Old 04-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ria!!!!! *freaking out here* I so damn love this book! Crazy what happened but the best scene was the one in the last but not least chapter! When Richard sees Kahlan and screams her name, she looking at him and by the look in his eyes gets back her will to find out who she really is! *still freaking out about it* So amazing and definitely a scene I'll remember forever. I couldn't barely sleep the night from Monday to Tuesday because of it! << This smiley not even nearly matches what I feel about Richard and Kahlan.

And yeah, her stabbing the guards. And there are a lot more to come! (at least I hope so!)

I really wonder if Richard's team will play against the Emperor's team and if Jagang will recognize him. And dear spirits, I want a lot more amazing scenes like the one when he saw her and the other way around! I NEED MORE! *okay, still freaking out*

Besides of that there was a lot of Nicci and Zed talking about magic and Zedd found a way to be sure that Richard was right about the Chimes being corrupted with the help of this strange books that's in the catacombs under the keep. I bet that's a central side as well and that there are five. The same number as there were Book of Counted Shadows. For sure! I'm still totally shocked by the knowledge that the book Richard remembers isn't the right one and that if the instructions are not being held at the person who tries to use the Boxes of Orden will be destroyed. But only if it's a big corruption, not by just a simple trick like Richard used back with Darken Rahl.
And that with the events in prophecy, the one Richard seemed to have averted by killing Darken Rahl might not have been the prophecy therefore but for the events now happening. I'm so confused but yeah, definitely could be.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

YES YES YES that's the scene Don't worry, you'll get more stuff in Confessor. Finally after 2 books of no R/K, finally right? I was beyond happy when I read it.

Right, I forgot about all the books stuff. I was so shocked when I first read that it wasn't the right book Richard had learned. I think the storyline is really picking up, personally, they were great stuff to come
Ria
Old 05-01-2011, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm still overwhelmed by that scene. It's somehow what hunts me the whole time I'm reading Confessor now. It's as if her feelings weren't erased by the Chainfire spell although her memory was gone and she didn't remember anybody. This one look, the one second she looked him in the eyes. Feelings as strong as those are not just simply whipped away. They are permanent, no matter what.

Besides I of course finished the book and was kind of shocked, surprised and who knows what else by the last chapter. Nicci figured it out, she at least thinks she knows what exactly the prophecy means, that the final battle isn't the fight against Jagang's army but the fight about the Power of Orden, so she put them in play and named Richard as the player. Damn it! I almost cried when I read it because we all know how hard it has to be for her to do that. First of all he'll lose him really to Kahlan and on the other side he could die if he doesn't manage to use it in the span of one year.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, their connection goes past memories. It's always there, I love how she knows it's something. Oh seriously Confessor, there is a scene where I'm just like YOU ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL COUPLE EVER IN EXISTENCE

I thought the twist with the box of Orden was so interesting because it was something you thought going in after WFR that was over you know? You didn't think there was more to it, you just thought that was the end of it. So I found it fascinating that they brought it up and you learn what you originally thought was wrong.
Ria
Old 05-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have no doubt of that, Ria! I'm so excited already. Will post on the other thread tonight as well. I read so much already!!!

I love the scoop as well. I still can't recall that we knew so much about the Boxes of Orden back in WFR. Did they mention back then that a player would have to be named and that the boxes would have put into play? I really don't recall that.
And you know, why is it one year from when Nicci put the boxes in play for Richard and not one year from the time on Sister Ulicia did the same? Is it just me that is totally confused by it? And yeah, the Sister put it in play but we never heard that she did a ritual as Nicci did. I'm totally am lost. Is it because Ulicia ignited the Chainfire spell and the boxes are the only counter? Has she, with doing the Chainfire spell, put the boxes in play? And will the Boxes of Orden lose it's power through the corruption of the Chimes?! I'm so confused?!