Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, I'm proud of myself, I got it.

And I continued... This book definitely is a lot more interesting and less annoying than the first one, Chainfire.

Nicci finally is freed of the verification spell. I know, this sounds totally strange and stupid but I have not really gotten what a verification spell is exaclty... Could you explain it for me, Ria? (I think that's the first time that my English skills are at it's end. ) I have a guess but I'm not sure at all... A Chainfire event only can be done with a person that's linked to prophecy (if I got it right, if not I'm wrong here already). The verification is needed to somehow exactly appoint the person the Chainfire event shall be done with, isn't it? And because of the verification, which is only possible through prophecy with the Chainfire event, the minds of the real people are affected as prophecy is... That's my guess and now tell me if it's right or I got it totally wrong.

I was so afraid when Richard for the first time tried to bring her out of it and Nicci already saw the blood beast. Thank God everything went well.

Now Shota has arrived... And she again is telling Richard that he hunts phantoms... I could kill her! Really. I thought we left this part behind.
And Jebra is back!!!! I can't believe it. But she hasn't her powers anymore.

Kahlan for the first time (since she can't remember anything) has seen the killing the Imperial Order left behind. It was so disgusting and I was reading it before I went to sleep... Not the stuff dreams are made of.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Elite Fan

I'd love to help you out with what it means but honestly I can't really remember I've only read the book once and it was awhile ago. Plus ngl but when they started talking prophecy related stuff I was always kind of just staring dumb founded at the book because I didn't understand it most of the time.

But what you wrote sounds right
Ria
Old 02-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, so I don't need to feel stupid because I'm not sure I got everything right? Now I'm relieved. Maybe I'll re-read that part again tomorrow or at the weekend and see if I might get it... I'll try to.

But you know what's the best by it sounding right? That I could write my own book if it isn't. My fantasy is great, isn't it?

Right now I have to fight to read the Jebra stuff... Man, that's a lot and I have to admit that it's not what I want to read before sleeping. It's only about rape and slaughtering. And way too long. I still don't get why Shota brought Jebra there and why she has to tell Richard and the others everything. Maybe there will come a big surprise?
Old 02-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah you're not alone. I usually read through all that prophecy/wizard magic stuff and not understanding half of it I just hope to understand enough to get the plot.

Oh Jebra That was horrible. I hate reading those parts, and sadly there are quite a bit of them in the books
Ria
Old 02-06-2011, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really thought it was the language barrier which kept me from getting it but I'm really more than relieved to see that it isn't...

Jebra finally finished her story about what happened in Ebinissia, the grown city of Galea and the most horrible think I had to picture were the Ja La teams playing the game with Cyrilla's head.

Afterwards Shota sent Richard to that place where he was killed and Kahlan had to watch the soldiers of the Imperial Order do that. I thought I had to cry every moment because it seemed as if I could feel every single emotion Richard and Kahlan were going through. Oh man, why did Shota do that to him? I still don't understand it.

Now she's trying to explain him why he was born with both sides of magic... As a weapon against the dream walker as we know already but I couldn't believe it when Shota told him that Baraccus went into the Temple of the Winds to just make sure this weapon would be 'born' when the dream walker arises. And that he was married to Magda Searus before she became the first Confessor and married Merrit. It made me so sad and yeah, it's as if history is repeating.
You know what else I wonder? Why was Baraccus not able to totally 'destroy' those dream walker abilities? And why did he kill himself? Was it because he as well had to make a bargain as Richard had to be sure to keep that weapon again the dream walker in play?

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 02-06-2011 at 07:14 AM
Old 02-14-2011, 09:27 AM
Elite Fan

Jebra's story was horrible. Some of the hardest parts to read.

You'll learn more about Magda Searus and Merritt and Baraccus...at least I think you do I'm a little rusty on this book. I found it to be interesting even though a little confusing, I always have to double check what is going on to make sure I was understanding things right.
Ria
Old 02-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Totally hard to read. But it's over now... I hope Jebra will stay with them now... At least Shota disappeared again and left Jebra there with the others. That's a good sign I think.

Till now I don't find it to hard and confusing. But I've only read 250 of 750 pages so a lot to come for me.
And more about Magda, Merrit and Baraccus? I so look forward to it because I'm sure I'll understand so many more things afterwards.

Besides of that I'm so happy that you've posted today because I continued yesterday and was shocked by Queen Violet being back!!!! I would never have guessed that Six is the Queens 'puppet' (if she really is that and not only plays her part very well). When they mentioned this strange artist from Tamarang Richard killed it a bit came back to me but I'm not sure what exactly he did? Just draw those horrible pictures or did he have some kind of magical powers as well?

And Chase... He's badly hurt and I hope he'll survive. Rachel being back in the clutches of Violet. I could cry!
Old 03-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Elite Fan

I honestly must have missed your post Kris!

And if I remember correctly you learn more about Magda, Merrit and Baraccus...unless my memory is going and I'm thinking of a different book But I'm pretty sure they come up again.

Ok the artist was the one who ended up trapping Richard in the cave or whatever that lead to his capture by Denna.

Ugg Queen Violet, she has to be one of the most vile and worst characters in the entire series and I was freaking out when she got Rachel. Poor Rachel, I love that girl so much. She's so strong and awesome.

Have you read anymore since?
Ria
Old 03-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank the spirits you're posting here again! I thought I would have to go through the rest of the book all on my own. And I didn't want to bother you again about posting in this thread.

Magda, Baraccus and Merrit are mentioned again because Richard is in the People's Palace now again and talking to Berdine and researching Kolo's journal. I so look forward to what I#ll get to know. Have to continue!

That's been the artist???!!! Now I like him even less!

Yeah, I feel so sorry for Rachel. She somehow seems so weak right now because she thinks Chase is dead. It feels to me as if she'd want to give up right now.

And what the hell is Violet drawing with that bit** Six? It can't be something good at all because it's involving Richard. And Jebra's vision doesn't make me feel any better.

What totally shocked me and what I'm still not sure what to think about it is Richard changing tactics and sending the D'Haran army to slaughter all the people in the Olt World. I know why he's doing it and I know that they, like he said, with all they do support the bad cause of the Order... But I still couldn't kill babier or innocent children. I know they are raised with the ideology of the Order and I know that they will become brutes but not every single person in the Old World for sure supports the Order and a child with just five years for sure isn't such a brute yet. They still can be changed. I somehow have a problem with the 'good people' killing innocent.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Elite Fan

For the future never feel bad about bugging me, sometimes I miss it or forget to go back because I usually only look at my User CP. Honestly I don't care if you remind me, I'll come in right away.

I can understand your feelings about Richard's decision for the army but I have to say that I kind of agree with him. I mean the Order doesn't care about who they kill and they'll do whatever it takes and won't let anyone stand in their way. Richard is really out of options, he needs to send a message to the people of the Order and really this is the only way he says that it can be done. It's still horrible of course, but it is a horrible time.
Ria
Old 03-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, I won't I'll bug you like crazy when you don't pass by.

So you've been a bit torn about it as well, right? I know they don't have another choice... And who wouldn't do the sam in such a situation? I loved the way Richard described it. Just well done! Maybe something like that can only be fully understood when you're in such a situation.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Elite Fan

Bug away

Oh yes I didn't like it much either. But poor Richard having to resort to that.
Ria
Old 03-13-2011, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, read another chapter yesterday... Berdine told Richard about Yanklee's Yarns, this strange book. And then they found this book of magic Berdine was sure it's blank but it isn't. Those are dangerous instructions for a spell and it's only working with the key that isn't mentioned in the book but Richard seemed to figure it out!!?? Damn it! I really tried to figure out what this key is because Richard kept thinking about Zedd and is heading to see him to ask him where he get it (I assume he meant the key) So it's definitely a thing that has been mentioned before. Maybe something Zedd kept in the First Wizards Enclave or so. Man, I can't figure out what it could be. It makes me crazy!
Old 03-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Elite Fan

Why can't I remember that book? Maybe it's just the name I don't recall.

I wish the books didn't take so long to read so I could actually re-read them.

And now I'm trying to think of this key and I'm coming up blank again. Glad you're able to fill me in again on things
Ria
Old 03-16-2011, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yanklee's Yarn? It seems to be really important at least when it comes to Baraccus past. Or did you mean the other book they found?

About the re-read... On the website I gave you the link some days ago you can dl the audio books. Wouldn't take too long to listen to them, right?

No clue as well about this key? I think I won't be able to tell you something the next time because Richard seems to be lost and dead or where- or whatever. They were traveling back to the Keep and attacked by the beast because of what Six and Violet did. Now Cara's Agiel isn't working anymore which means Richard isn't alive or in the underworld (maybe in the TotW?! - just a guess ). I'll see if I can continue reading this weekend.