Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3nn1f3r (View Post)
Dude I was totally cheering her on when she would cleverly steal their daggers and manage to kill ALL her guards. My GFK alert totally kept going off each time she would kick their asses.
I love it because they never notice. It is this book or the next one when
Spoiler:
Ria
Old 06-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He's actually the only one who notices, they're so in-tune with each other that they know each others movements. Its what I love about their relationship
Old 06-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Elite Fan

And he's always watching her And she's always looking for him
Ria
Old 08-19-2010, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love how Richard doesn't need to even try finding her, he knows exactly where she is no matter how crowded the area. I love their relationship and how it's displayed in these last three books, with him being the only one to believe that she was still alive, that she was real and she existed. Even after people told him that it was a person he had made up. Then to having 'some' people believe him but not knowing where she was. To the epic end where...
Old 08-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Elite Fan

As much as I didn't like how we got next to no R/K, I did love how they showed their relationship. And that even though she had no memory of this guy, he was drawn to him. At the end of the book when their eyes meet for the first time (I think it was this book).
Ria
Old 01-22-2011, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, there hasn't been a lot of discussion in here till now. From what I can tell from the short description of the book it will be a really amazing one and totally centered around Kahlan... I so look forward to it and will start with it tonight.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:40 AM
Elite Fan

You finished Chainfire? I like Phantom way better then CF
Ria
Old 01-22-2011, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I have finished it. Right now. I really loved Chainfire (at least the second half of it). But I so look forward to Phantom.

But you know what big problem I have... I hate that Kahlan doesn't remember Richard. It makes me so sad and I feel so helpless with her.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Elite Fan

Aww I know, it's so sad that she can't remember anything.

But I love that Phantom actually gets Kahlan scenes, I was going through Kahlan withdrawl in CF
Ria
Old 01-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Kahlan withdrawl for me only was terrible at the beginning of CF but later on (especially when Nicci wasn't any longer with Cara and Richard) it wasn't so bad anymore... We finally got something to think about, those clues Shota gave Ricahrd.

And I've started with Phantom already... The beginning of the book again made me cry. Why could the man see her???!!! I don't get it, really. And I don't think there is as an easy explanation as Ulicia says. An anomaly? Never!
When they really killed the child I could have strangled them!

Besides of that it was confirmed what I thought about the whole time since Kahlan had appeared in CF... They made her wear a collar. I'm sure when Kahlan finally gets her memory back and she gets freed of the collar in the end she'll have the same kind of trauma Richard has. I wish I could help her.

And Zedd, Ann and Nicci trying to study the verification web by doing it on Nicci so she can study it from inside. That's just crazy! I'm really curious if they will find out something...
Old 01-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Elite Fan

I'm sure you'll have lots and lots of questions as the book goes on

The only reason that Richard had so much trauma wearing the collar is because Denna had made him wear a collar before so it brought back all those memories. I don't think Kahlan would have the same problem.
Ria
Old 01-26-2011, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's the same with every book, Ria.

Okay... Now I wonder why Kahlan wouldn't have the same problem. Does she not even remember in the end that she had to wear a collar? Or do you just want to say that they not forced her to wear it? Now I'm so confused.

I now reached the part where Richard tells Ann, Zedd and Nathan to end the spell on Nicci and get her out there because there's something wrong. I'm really curious what it is. Will continue tonight.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:48 PM
Elite Fan

Because the reason that Richard hated wearing the collar was due to having to wear a collar for Denna, Kahlan never had that same fear, get what I am saying? She doesn't have a problem as he does with wearing a collar. Does that make sense? It's not that she won't remember or they didn't force it on her, but well Kahlan now doesn't even know why she's wearing it really. But she won't suffer as much afterwords because collars were never the same for her as they were wearing them for Richard.
Ria
Old 01-27-2011, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

With your first sentences I still didn't get it but with the descriptions following I think I did.
It's that Richard had to wear it for Denna because it was not used to somehow keep his powers forced back but just to hold him prisoner and so that he could have been tortured by her... I think for him it's especially the fact that he was held like a lapdog the whole time. It has another meaning to him because the collar is exactly what keeps him prisoner and he is aware of it.
The sisters therefore put the collar around Kahlan's neck to as well make her a prisoner but they wouldn't have done it if they wouldn't be a Confessor I think. It's in the first place to held back her powers. The pain they can give with it is just a great side effect.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, that's it.

Quote:
It has another meaning to him because the collar is exactly what keeps him prisoner and he is aware of it.
Exactly. He didn't have to wear a collar to control powers, just to show that he was a prisoner and had no say himself in what happened to him.

Kahlan only has it so she doesn't use her confessor power, which she doesn't even know she has. And then they also use it to punish her but not in the same way Denna did with Richard.
Ria