Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-18-2011, 10:47 PM
Elite Fan

I told you my memory isn't the best when it comes to the magic stuff or anything that isn't R/K

I'm not much for audio books, I need the text in front of me to really get it all etc. I have to many other books to read!

Oh the beast! i do remember that part of the book.
Ria
Old 03-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's really not good, Ria. Thank the spirits you have me.

I have never listened to an audio book as well... It would for sure not be my thing because it would make me fall asleep I guess. Is that bad?

I continued a bit yesterday... Cara and Nicci are going for Jebra now and when they found her she was standing on the balcony of her room and she is going to jump! Oh man, I so hope somebody will keep her from doing so.
What's really interesting is that Zedd and Nicci feel Six's magic. I didn't know something like that was able but it obviously is. What the hell does Six want from Richard and the others?! I don't get what her intentions are yet... And Richard isn't dead... I lurked at the first page of the new chapter but didn't read it. So, Richard is still alive but why is the bond gone?!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:29 PM
Elite Fan

I'm glad I have you to help me in a way "re-read" the series

I'd probably fall asleep as well.

And oh! I think I actually remember why the bound is gone. Hopefully you'll find out soon and then tell me so I can see if what I'm thinking is right.

How much do you have left of the book, btw?
Ria
Old 03-22-2011, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's a good description of it I guess. It's the same Ale does with me.

I as well hope I'll find out about it really soon! I'm so curious and today I'm really awake and if I'm lucky I will be able to read a bit tonight before falling asleep. I somehow guess he's somewhere special... At a place he seems like dead.

I guess I have about 1/3 left of the book. Still a bit to go for me. I didn't have the time to read at all the last weeks. Sadly. But as I mentioned, I'll get my thesis bind on April 1st and then life is mine alone!
Old 03-22-2011, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

Well a 1/3 isn't bad, hopefully you can read tonight And in April hopefully you'll finish, then you can move on to Confessor.
Ria
Old 03-27-2011, 03:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I still didn't find the time to continue. I still have no clue what happened to Richard and where he is exactly. It so sucks... At the end of the week I might have some more time again but definitely not earlier.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ria, where are you???!!!

I continued reading and am like shocked! Richard lost his gift???? (Stupid witch woman!) And Baraccus left a message for him and how could he have failed a test when telling the Sliph that Shota had told him exactly the same?! I'm beyond confused. And now he doesn't know where he is and how to get away. Damn it! He's supposed to help Kahlan and save the world!

Side note: I'm happy he's no longer with Nikki.

Besides of that I so badly want to know what kind of spell Six used on Jebra... I for myself could imagine that she stole Richard's gift and now can use it on her own? And maybe she could create a web out of subtractive magic which can't be broken by anyone of them because they don't have subtractive magic at all or not the gift like Richard had? But that's just stupid... If Six stole the gift from Richard she doesn't have the gift for subtractive herself. It would be the same as for Nikki.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:30 PM
Elite Fan

Sorry, I told you I forget things

Yeah I freaked out when Richard lost his gift as well.

How much of the book left do you have?
Ria
Old 04-22-2011, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

I still have about 200 pages to read. And it feels as if it doesn't get any less. But you know, I'll right after I'm done with posting go on the porch and continue reading. Can't wait!

ETA - Okay, I so had to edit this post because... OMG! I don't even know where to start.

I of course were totally wrong about Richard and why he might have failed the test. He finally got it. I didn't even remember that Shar told him exactly what Shota and the Sliph did until he remembered it. Then I did as well! And exactly, Shar asked him 'Secrets?' and I thought it had something to do with The Book of Counted Shadows back then. I wasn't completely wrong because now he doesn't remember the knowledge with his gift gone (OMFG!) but he has to go to the Night Wisp Valley. I'm sure we'll get such beautiful scenes to read about when he's there. And that's why Jebra was talking about stars when she was wanted to kill herself. I never would have guessed that.

And what's even more shocking... Jillian was captured by Jagang and he now has the sisters and OMFFFFG! Kahlan as well! Right now they have just met him so I don't know what will happen but I was so shocked to hear that the bond to Richard never worked for those sisters?!?! WTH?!?! Did you expect that? Wow, I'm still overwhelmed and could bubble here on and on for the whole night but will stop for now.

ETA again - OMFFFG! I beyond love this book, you know?

Okay, lets start with Kahlan for tonight. She really helped Jillian to escape! Even now that she can't remember who she is... The Chainfire spell couldn't change who she is deep inside herself. Although she forgot about everything she is the same person! I'm so happy for Jillian but so afraid for Kahlan and that she's with Jagang now. Our brave little girl need to live through that without being harmed by him. Dear spirits, I beg you let him not get her in that way.
I so loved that she tried to stab Jagang and that she even killed Cecilia! Damn it! She's so my number one!

And Richard. Awww, when he's in the night wisps land. The night wisps are beyond beautiful. By the way TG described the landscape and the wisps I only can imagine how amazing it must look like. So beautiful for sure. But you know... I really wonder if Magda died back in the night wisp land because the sliph said he never saw her or Baraccus again afterwards. But, she can't have died because she married Merrid afterwards, right?
Six now waiting for him isn't good at all. She seemed to have captured him with some kind of power. When she sits in the tree and the world around him turns black I guess she's using some kind of spell. Still didn't have a chance to continue reading his story because it switched back to Kahlan.

Last edited by Lauren Helen Graham; 04-23-2011 at 11:04 AM
Old 04-23-2011, 11:01 AM
Elite Fan

Oh no you got to the Jagang parts. i was majorly freaking out with those scenes. Yelling that they better leave her alone. He can do whatever he wants to the sisters of course.

I can't wait for you to get near the end though, one of my favorite parts of the books happens then. The last part of Phantom is so good.
Ria
Old 04-23-2011, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh Ria, did you read my second edit as well?
Old 04-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Elite Fan

No I didn't see that

I love the Kahlan parts. i love how she is still Kahlan, deep inside, even if she doesn't remember who she is. There are SO many good parts, where Kahlan is just amazing. Just wait, especially in Confessor.

i want you to finish so much!
Ria
Old 04-23-2011, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Don't worry. I guessed you didn't.

And the end of the book will be just amazing? Oh wow, now I even badly want to reach that part you're talking about. When I keep telling you in here about what I finished reading you'll let me know when this part begins, right?

I'm so relieved she as well found out that she's the Mother Confessor. Finally! Although she right now doesn't know what that title means... But she will, someday for sure.

While writing about it I remember the part where Jillian tells Kahlan that there's something noble about her. She can't explain it but it's the same she felt when she saw Richard and it's what both of them have in common. Oh damn it, I so cried when I read that.

Ria, I'll try to finish the book the next two days. I think I can do it.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Elite Fan

There are quite a few parts that just make me go One is really small, but I'm sure you'll make a note of it and I'm pretty sure it's right towards the end, like in the last few pages, i believe, not positive I'd have to check my book first.

Not only does Kahlan keep holding onto parts of herself she doesn't even realize, but other people can see it too. And I forgot she found out about being the Mother Confessor One step closer I say to her memories.
Ria
Old 04-23-2011, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ah, and I did forget to mention that she, while she was unconscious, dreamed about things that happened in her past. Oh damn it, I don't remember what in specific but something about her fighting and a scene which I totally could say which one it was (one from the first book I guess) but I really can't remember which one exactly it was. Damn brain needs to start working better.

Okay, really near to the end. Oh, I'll leave now and continue reading!