Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2020, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Absolutely disagree there. I don't care about anyone in Sanctum outside of Murphy, Emori, Indra, Madi and Jackson. Tired of the Grounders versus stuff.

She'd side with whoever Bellamy's siding with. Her loyalty is much more to him to the grounders and she seems like she's playing along with the Disciples.
Old 07-15-2020, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Or is she just playing them all? I mean, she went ~*crazy*~ last episode (sorry, the one before) and seemed pretty level-headed this week. I think maybe she's cooking up some intense revenge. Or not, I don't know. Blah

Also why did they focus on Octavia's back tattoo during her Levitt hanky panky?

Old 07-15-2020, 06:39 PM
Total Fan

It's really hard to know what's going on with Echo right now because she's so good at controlling her emotions. There was that one scene where the 4 of them were arguing with Hope and Echo said that she believed in what they were trying to teach them. And that would make it seem like she's really into it. But then didn't she also say in the beginning of that scene that they're being watched all the time? So that could easily have been acting. And then when she was doing the final simulation, Hope asked her if she wanted to get revenge against Bardo for Bellamy's death and Echo said yes, just not like this. Which I think could be more telling because that's supposed to be inside her subconscious or something, right?

tl;dr: I think Echo could be really brainwashed or not, but based on the scant clues, I would guess she's playing the long con

Maybe that shot of the tattoo was supposed to remind us that their relationship is built on him helping her, even though it's against Bardo.
Old 07-15-2020, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

The smart move would be having her play them.
Old 07-15-2020, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it would make more sense, as well as..be more interesting.

And what in god's name is up with the aliens outside covered in sparkly cobwebs? Like it's just cool that there are (were) giant aliens?

What is this damned war?

ETA someone on reddit said the focus on Octavia's back was to show us Hope's brain code (to bring her back through the anomaly) so maybe it was to hint to us that we are supposed to be ok with her getting sent to Penance. Likely they are protecting her.

Old 07-15-2020, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Think the writers didn't know yet themselves. There's really no reason to drag out that reveal.
Old 07-15-2020, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

7 episodes left - I hope the second half of the season is crazy because I'm looking for some good old time twists and turns

Old 07-15-2020, 07:01 PM
Total Fan

I'm still not 100% convinced that the Disciples understand what happened to the Bardoans. Didn't Anders say they'd been there for thousands of years? Maybe I'm wrong, but I understood that to mean that the Second Dawn has been there that long. So that would mean time is moving a lot faster on Bardo than on Earth, right? So then that would leave enough time for Eligius to get to Bardo and live there for a long time before the Second Dawn got there... So maybe the ancient Bardoans are still humans and they somehow evolved to be 10 feet tall? Lol, I don't even know. I'm just brainstorming.

And for the Last War, Anders said that it would begin when they get the key from Clarke (lol.) So that would mean that whatever they think they're fighting is the "Judgement Day" that Becca saw. So if none of the Disciples have ever seen what she saw, they could be totally wrong about what it actually is. Yes, it seems to involve this calcium crystallization thing, but I keep having the feeling that it's going to turn out to be something higher concept than just a literal war with conventional weapons and flamethrowers and stuff. I feel like it's going to be something more metaphysical, related to Murphy's vision of hell and the "deeper truth" in the spiral pattern, etc.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

We need it Lisa!

I'm hoping you're right there Fuzzy. We need Judgement Day, Murphy's Hell, and Jordan seeing some deeper truth explained!
Old 07-15-2020, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
I'm still not 100% convinced that the Disciples understand what happened to the Bardoans. Didn't Anders say they'd been there for thousands of years? Maybe I'm wrong, but I understood that to mean that the Second Dawn has been there that long. So that would mean time is moving a lot faster on Bardo than on Earth, right? So then that would leave enough time for Eligius to get to Bardo and live there for a long time before the Second Dawn got there... So maybe the ancient Bardoans are still humans and they somehow evolved to be 10 feet tall? Lol, I don't even know. I'm just brainstorming.

And for the Last War, Anders said that it would begin when they get the key from Clarke (lol.) So that would mean that whatever they think they're fighting is the "Judgement Day" that Becca saw. So if none of the Disciples have ever seen what she saw, they could be totally wrong about what it actually is. Yes, it seems to involve this calcium crystallization thing, but I keep having the feeling that it's going to turn out to be something higher concept than just a literal war with conventional weapons and flamethrowers and stuff. I feel like it's going to be something more metaphysical, related to Murphy's vision of hell and the "deeper truth" in the spiral pattern, etc.

Me taking all this in, trying to figure it out, trying to relate this back to earlier seasons of the show (don't get me wrong, I love change and evolution) and JUST WANTING ANSWERS NOW

I forgot Anders mentioned the thousands of years thing, although I must have thought he was referring to the Bardoans, which I assume are those things outside, but...maybe that's too simple.

Someone on Reddit had a great question - why are they preparing for a war that starts when the key arrives, but actively searching for the key? Do they want the war?

Old 07-15-2020, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Just hope somehow this all makes sense in the very end
Old 07-15-2020, 07:12 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles (View Post)
Me taking all this in, trying to figure it out, trying to relate this back to earlier seasons of the show (don't get me wrong, I love change and evolution) and JUST WANTING ANSWERS NOW

I forgot Anders mentioned the thousands of years thing, although I must have thought he was referring to the Bardoans, which I assume are those things outside, but...maybe that's too simple.

Someone on Reddit had a great question - why are they preparing for a war that starts when the key arrives, but actively searching for the key? Do they want the war?
Right? I was thinking that same thing. Like maybe just don't start the war?

But then for all we know, Cadogan has got them believing dumb **** about what they'll get if they win the war. Like they apparently think this is something they're doing to save humanity. It's like... hey listen, guys: Why don't you all just pack up and go to Penance and build your society in a nice tropical island paradise and just... don't start the Last War? Maybe? Do I sound crazy here?
Old 07-15-2020, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh lord what if everything on Bardo is some sort of weird simulation.

(Ok I know it's not, but...I mean what the hell, Bardo and co.)

Also it's just insane to me watching this season, and seeing clips from earlier seasons. Like, how is this the same show? Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it (and I believe shows should change and evolve) but it's just so CRAZY how different it is now. Remember when were like OMG when learning there were Mountain Men? Mind blown. Now we're just casually discussing simulations on another planet with giant crystallized monsters, and saying characters should just hop back to another planet and...wat

Old 07-15-2020, 07:48 PM
Total Fan

Yeah, it's really out there! I love that, though. Like I just finished watching Dark on Netflix a few weeks ago and it got crazier than I thought would be possible and it was so confusing, but then it all came together for such a cool conclusion. That's what I want out of a tv show. When The 100 is being like this, I enjoy it more. Honestly, I feel like the last time the show was this good (to my taste, anyway,) was season 3 when Thirteen happened.
Old 07-16-2020, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie