View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 07:08 PM
Damocles
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
I'm still not 100% convinced that the Disciples understand what happened to the Bardoans. Didn't Anders say they'd been there for thousands of years? Maybe I'm wrong, but I understood that to mean that the Second Dawn has been there that long. So that would mean time is moving a lot faster on Bardo than on Earth, right? So then that would leave enough time for Eligius to get to Bardo and live there for a long time before the Second Dawn got there... So maybe the ancient Bardoans are still humans and they somehow evolved to be 10 feet tall? Lol, I don't even know. I'm just brainstorming.

And for the Last War, Anders said that it would begin when they get the key from Clarke (lol.) So that would mean that whatever they think they're fighting is the "Judgement Day" that Becca saw. So if none of the Disciples have ever seen what she saw, they could be totally wrong about what it actually is. Yes, it seems to involve this calcium crystallization thing, but I keep having the feeling that it's going to turn out to be something higher concept than just a literal war with conventional weapons and flamethrowers and stuff. I feel like it's going to be something more metaphysical, related to Murphy's vision of hell and the "deeper truth" in the spiral pattern, etc.

Me taking all this in, trying to figure it out, trying to relate this back to earlier seasons of the show (don't get me wrong, I love change and evolution) and JUST WANTING ANSWERS NOW

I forgot Anders mentioned the thousands of years thing, although I must have thought he was referring to the Bardoans, which I assume are those things outside, but...maybe that's too simple.

Someone on Reddit had a great question - why are they preparing for a war that starts when the key arrives, but actively searching for the key? Do they want the war?